FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.8

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm surprised by some of the lower ratings. I found this particular polish- (a drugstore nail polish no less) long-wearing, and reasonably priced.

I purchased this particular nail polish at a local Sally's. They were having a sale, and I chose the colour: " Crystalline Crush" for 99 cents. I would describe this colour as a beautiful cool toned champagne with chunky chrome glitter and part of the "Shredded Chrome Collection". What I loved about this particular nail polish is that although it's a "chunky glitter". It glides on smoothly, and takes approximate a minute, to dry. I used the RubyKisses base and top coats ( which are drugstore brands), and so far I am on my third day with no chips.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a problem with this polish. The irony is that "salon brands" such as OPI, Essie, etc. tend to be gooey, takes a long time to dry, chips withing a few hours, and aren't particularly "cheap" or "good quality" in my opinion. I don't judge a nail polish by their brand, as this was kind of a spontaneous purchase, but I can tell you that this is a winner in my book.

FingerPaints are by far my favorite nail polishes!

I love the color selection, and the packaging is nice. The brushes are always good and apply nicely. The polishes usually are perfect as far as being exactly the right thickness, one coat usually does it, two coats are more than enough. I always make a beeline to these polishes at Sally's!

on 11/6/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was at Sally's and never heard of this brand and decided to give it a try. I'm SO IMPRESSED! Doesn't chip and is VERY long lasting. I did put on a base coat (CND stickey) and top coat (Seche Vite) It's been almost a month and still looking good. Move over OPI this Finger Paints could have something on you.

on 11/5/2009 9:14:00 PM

I got Pink Imagination and Putty in my Hands today. I have Putty on now and absolutely love the color on me.The coverage is great, I actually liked the color from just one coat better but went for 2 and like it too...just a little deeper. It went on very smoothly, great consistency. There were so many colors that I wanted but I held it to 2. Pink Imagination looks so similar to OPI Princesses Rule that I nabbed the last bottle on the shelf. Then I found out ladies, that Finger Paints are made by OPI. This was revealed by a card in a shipping box. I'll be back with the real review of Finger Paints on Monday. I work weekends and my hands are in water a lot over the course of 38 hours. Most polishes don't hold up to it. We'll see!

Monday: The polish did wear well. No peeling, no chips. It did wear off on the tips. This was through numerous hand washings,food prep and washing of. 5 showers (even under gloves there is wear),and several dish washings. It was really hard for me to resist adding a coat every day:) as this is my habit.
I read the above comment . There is more to the article than that. Evidently this is a rumor that circulates through Sally's employees as that is alluded to in the article. http://theedgeofsanity.org/?p=2642 .There is the addy to read the whole thing. I did not mean to mislead anybody. I was told this by a sales lady at Sally's. I am sorry. But passing by all the silliness, this is indeed good nail polish and holds up very well. I can believe a manicure lasting a week without the torture my nails get at work.

Consensus is...good stuff! Next time I buy polish it will be Finger Paints.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

FingerPaints nail polishes are WONDERFUL. I only have 3 of these, but I can't wait to get some more. They all apply super smoothly (no issues whatsoever), and don't bubble up after applying. The formula is great too; two out of the three that I own are completely opaque in one coat. They dried quickly and lasted a good amount of time with a base coat and top coat. What's not to love? Even the bottle is cute.
The only problem with FingerPaints is that they don't really have a great color selection. 80% of their polishes are red or pink. =/

FingerPaints was definitely on my list of nailpolish brands to try! I had heard about these NP's from visiting the nailboard and found out they were only available at Sally Beauty Stores. Luckily for me, there are about 7-8 Sally stores in Toronto where I live and during the holidays I was able to get to the closest location. I purchased two shades, Brilliant Brushstroke and Hue Are You, and at $6.49 each CDN, Fingerpaints are less expensive than the other popular NP brands, OPI, Essie, China Glaze and Orly which retail for $9.50 to $11.75 CDN at Trade Secrets and other beauty stores. I much prefer to buy NP's online from Head2ToeBeauty. Toronto girls, I noticed Sally's also sells Orly NP's much cheaper than Trade Secrets! There were a few other less known NP brands sold at Sally but I can't remember their names. The only downside is that Sally's didn't have a huge selection of FingerPaints shades. The selection is not the same as Sally Beauty Stores in the U.S. I specifically went there to find some of the Fall and Holiday 2007 shades and they didn't have them. However, I'm quite happy with the two NP's that I bought. Brilliant Brushstroke is a nice red toned shade that has fine glitter. Hue Are You shows up on my nails as a rosey toned shade with hints of fuscia. Both NP's applied evenly with two coats. I only wish Sally locations in Toronto had more FingerPaints nailpolish shades.

on 9/17/2007 11:22:00 PM

Whoa, mama! I am beyond amazed by these polishes. I was a bad girl and impulse bought Bid On It Berry the other day at Sally's after I thought I was done shopping (you know how that goes). I did a quick couple coats on my toes and fingers last night, and did not expect it to last. I did not do a base or a top coat due to time shortage, so I was for sure I would have chippage today.

Lo and behold, I have ZERO chipping or cracking today! Wow...I am seriously impressed. I have a major problem with a certain pair of shoes that I own rubbing the polish off of my big toes. I wore those shoes today and just looked down at my toes....they look PERFECT!!! I'm thrilled that I don't have to touch up before work tomorrow. Awesome staying power, and the color in the bottle is very true to the color on your nails.

I agree that it takes a while to dry, but I put a coat of olive oil over the polish while it was still damp and it kept me from getting "bed bumps" on my nails while I was sleeping. The slow drying is nothing that a coat of Out The Door Top Coat couldn't fix either, so I am deducting no lippies. I will not purchase another brand of polish as long as they still make this! I'm tossing out all my old stuff...none of it holds a candle to this product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love these! They're pretty cheap for a long wearing polish. I have a few of these, and wear them for a few days before they chip, and even then its a very small chip, not enough to be very noticeable or have to remove it. One lippie off because they are very difficult to remove, and drying time is less than fast.

on 12/26/2006 12:20:00 PM

In general, the FingerPaints line is worth shouting about. The colors are available at Sally's Beauty Supply. The color palette is infused with interesting dramatic colors as well as lovely nudes. Not many sheers, ok by me. Also there are many seasonal collections and special deals on this brand.

Some classic must have shades are Bid on it Berry, Primrose Prism, Be a Pal-ette, Prints Charming, Yes You Can-vas--and each color name is based on some type of artistic theme.

The quality is very high. The feel of the polish's texture and brush are similar to the OPI feel everyone is familiar with. Some say the wear of FingerPaints is better even than the OPI.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have a couple of these. I got them at Sally Beauty. The quality is superlative. So far they have been as good as or better than OPI and Essie polishes I've tried. They go on smoothly, evenly: no streaks, no bubbles, no tacky gummies. Drying time is on the quick side of average. Wear has so far been very, very long. I only put this on my toes. Each one of these I have removed after 3+ weeks of wear, not because of chipping, fading, or edge wear, but because my nails had grown enough that the new growth was obvious. Oh yeah, this 3+ weeks of wear was with only one coat of polish, no base coat, no top coat. I wash my feet every day and clean my nails. The price is right, too. I think the regular price of these is less than $5, but there is often a deal of some sort, either a direct sale or BOGOF. There are not yet as many shades in this line (currently 80 or so) as in OPI or Essie, but give it time. continued >>

Popular Polishes