FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

3.6

on 1/31/2012 12:22:00 AM

I can't say enough great things about FingerPaints nail polish!!! It is without a doubt the greatest polish I have ever used (and believe me I've tried everything from OPI to China Glaze to Essie). I only wear dark colored nail polish, so chipping is a huge issue for me because I used to constantly have to redo my nails! Not anymore! I use a base coat (Rock-Hard), one coat of polish, and a top coat (Rock-top coat). I went over two weeks without chipping even the slightest bit! I could have gone longer, but I really wanted to try another color. The only complaint I do have is that the formula for Black Expressionism was pretty thick the first time I used it. I squeezed in a little polish thinner, and problem solved! Also, the price is awesome when compared to OPI. I really can't tell you how nice it is to have to change polishes either for a color change or because of growth! The only time I've been able to do that is with gel polish. I haven't really had a chance to look at all of the colors, but I know there are quite a few (with super cute names if you're in to that sort of thing). Overall, I really recommend trying this polish out. I'm not sure how it is without a base/top coast, but with those, this stuff is the bomb!

on 11/2/2011 11:27:00 AM

I just love finding out which companies make what products, and in make-up, the overlap is head-spinning. So many companies putting out the high end products or the "professional" products also put out the less marketed lines--the same company that makes Chanel makes Bourjois, for example, L'Oreal owns almost all the make-up lines in the drug store or the department store, and now, OPI owns Finger Paints. Oh, wait, OPI does not in fact own Finger Paints (I missed the review where this was clarified, so excuse my mistake). Any way, it's quite a price difference between OPI and FP, and in my opinion, a huge performance difference as well.

I picked up a Finger Paints Cordur-Orange nail polish the other day at Sally's and put it on yesterday. The colour looks like a rich pumpkin orange in the bottle but it does develop and becomes richer as it dries, so it isn't the colour in the bottle--it's better than the colour in the bottle, a beautiful deep persimmon shade that says "fall" so clearly. It's a polish with some density--so if you don't like that, it's easily thinned out with a couple of drops of nail polish thinner. I found the thickness gave me a lot of flexibility in terms of applying it well. I put on two coats but in all honesty the polish is so saturated with pigment that one coat was opaque enough. The second coat covered any imperfect application, and in the end the product dried quickly and as smooth as glass. It's a gorgeous, glossy shade, a really good product (so much better than OPI could ever hope to be, and I'm tired of knowing I will always have to apply at least 3 coats of OPI to get the colour I want).

So far, it's wearing beautifully. And I expect it to last. I'll update on how it manages over the next little while--I expect at least 5 days every manicure (I do use an Orly base coat and one coat of Sally Hansen nude top coat) and I do not wear gloves to do dishes, shower, or swim. So we'll see how this fares.

Oh! I don't want to leave out the fact that the price is obscenely low, as I got this bottle on sale for 1.99. I will definitely be looking for new shades in this line from now on.

I bought Paper Mache (PM) and Gossamer White (GW) for $6 CDN at Sally's because I read that they were dupes for OPI's Alpine Snow and Bubble Bath. I don't own those OPI shades so I can't compare them. What I can say is that the formula of Finger Paints is rather on the thick side. Applying GW gave me a headache, it was just too sheer, streaky, bubbly, and goopy & I gave up after the 4th coat because I still could not get it even. In addition, it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry. I don't know if it's just that shade/bottle but I used PM (2 coats) for french tips, it did the job well and lasted me 5 days before peeling. The brush is the typical thin brush applicator, nothing special. The bottle is bit hard to hold on to since it's really round and slippy. I believe there are better brands with better formulas out there.

on 2/14/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good range of colors but the product itself is terrible! Chipped within a few hours of painting even with a good topcoat on. Color also dried darker which I was bummed about. Don't waste your time or money with this product!

I got this polish in Mystery muse and it is a lovely shade. It is a metallic purple/pink. I think that is wears well I used 2 coats and that seemed to cover my nails well. I noticed it does chip easily but for the price it is not a bad polish

on 4/22/2010 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have Artistic Azure, which is a royal blue with blue shimmer, and I would not buy this again. It's not the colour that was unimpressive because the colour is very nice. When removing the polish with nail polish remover, if you're not careful the blue will stain your finger tips as you wipe off the polish. I'm wearing this colour right now and when I take it off, it's going to look like I killed a smurf.

on 11/5/2009 9:58:00 PM

I have not tried the product but I just want to clear up this rumor about the maker. Please see the below statement from OPI :

Thank you for contacting us to get the proper information. We DO NOT make Fingerpaints nail polish and we do not sell to Sallys Beauty Supply Store.
As you stated we only make OPI and Nicole Nail Lacquer. We used to make Pawlish but have since discontinued the polish for dogs. The OPI polish is only sold to Salons and Beauty Supply stores where Nicole is now our retail brand and you can find it in stores such as Target or Wal-Mart. I hope this clarifies the information for you.

on 10/22/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow - where do I start. I bought the Tangerine Tint FingerPaints Polish. This polish was easy to apply, very nice brush.
It lasted on my nails for 9 days without wear or chips.
I'm definately going to buy more.
The only place to buy this polish in my area is about 4 hours away, but I'd make the trip - it's that great!

on 3/28/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

FingerPaints nail color is a line of polish found in Sally Beauty Supply. They have a wide, WIDE range of colors with many that are unique but also quite a few that are almost (in some cases exact) dupes to OPI shades. I have found that the application varies from color to color/bottle to bottle. Some are gloopy, some are thin. The drying time is average - not too slow. I have found that they are very shiny but not as glass-like as most OPIs. The wear time is up there with OPI with no chipping or crazing for five days. All in all, I've had good luck with some shades in this line of polish and bad luck with others, hence the 3 star rating.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This line has produced some of my favorite polishes of all time. I absolutely love the concept, too. Finger Paints? Hello, that is super-cute! And the names are precious as well. They're all art-related and very creative. Being an artist, myself, I can definitely appreciate the polishes. I own "Putty in My Hands" (a very pretty, deep nude with golden undertones), "Sheerly Artistic" (a creamy nude pink), "Get Realism" (a semi-sheer shimmery lavender), & the clear coat. I'll go ahead & say that the Finger Paints clear coat is the only one I'll use. It has wonderful staying power and it has just the right consistency. It's not too thick or thing, it's perfect. Makes my nails simply gleam, too.

I definitely go for these when I need a new polish. Sally's was holding a buy-two get-one-free sale the last time I stocked up...they're great for the price. Less than $4 with their Beauty Club Card.

Popular Polishes