FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

3.9

on 2/23/2016 1:57:00 PM

FingerPaints is a good brand. Affordable, high quality nail polish and a wide color selection. It's only sold at Sally's Beauty Supply though. I understand that it's their in-house brand.

My favorites from FP are Black Expressionism (an excellent black creme), Colorful Collage (a gorgeous glitter topper) and their range of neon polishes. I own about 10-12 FingerPaints in total.

If you've never tried anything from FP, I recommend you check them out. They're worth a look, and at $5.49 a bottle they're cheaper than OPI and Essie.

I like their polishes and I plan to continue buying them in the future.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm surprised by some of the lower ratings. I found this particular polish- (a drugstore nail polish no less) long-wearing, and reasonably priced.

I purchased this particular nail polish at a local Sally's. They were having a sale, and I chose the colour: " Crystalline Crush" for 99 cents. I would describe this colour as a beautiful cool toned champagne with chunky chrome glitter and part of the "Shredded Chrome Collection". What I loved about this particular nail polish is that although it's a "chunky glitter". It glides on smoothly, and takes approximate a minute, to dry. I used the RubyKisses base and top coats ( which are drugstore brands), and so far I am on my third day with no chips.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a problem with this polish. The irony is that "salon brands" such as OPI, Essie, etc. tend to be gooey, takes a long time to dry, chips withing a few hours, and aren't particularly "cheap" or "good quality" in my opinion. I don't judge a nail polish by their brand, as this was kind of a spontaneous purchase, but I can tell you that this is a winner in my book.

on 2/17/2014 10:17:00 AM

URGH! This polish frustrates me so much. First off, the packaging - I've had three colors from this line and ALL OF THEM had the same packaging design flaw. You have to be the Incredible Hulk to unscrew them!!!

Second, the formulation - very goopy and runny at the same time. I like a thicker formula if it stays put, but this one is odd. It's thick and runs/bleeds.

The pigmentation is amazing, almost all of the shades can be worn with one coat, but I just can't get past the gloopy formula.

I'm really disappointed with these and will not repurchase any more.

on 8/6/2013 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really want to like this brand. I really do. The colors I've seen are absolutely gorgeous, and the ones that I bought are really easy to apply and don't require many coats. The polish also dries very fast, which is good for impatient people like me.
The problems start about a day later, when it starts chipping. Sometimes it doesn't even take a full 24 hours! Even with a good Essie base coat and SV top coat, it chips like crazy!
This isn't specific to one or two colors, since I bought a bunch at once at Sally's (they were having a pretty good sale, and the polish itself is pretty cheap) and have since tested them all out, having the same exact problem with them all.
I wouldn't recommend this brand unless you're ok with touching your nails up every few hours.

on 12/27/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Like other reviewers here, I found this product at Sally Beauty Supply for fairly cheap. Thankfully I only bought one bottle (Signed in Wine), because it chipped the NEXT DAY, even with my Seche Vite base/top coat. I'm sure the problem is the nail polish quality. I really like the color, but it's worthless if I've got to re-paint or touch up my nails everyday.

on 6/9/2012 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've seen the FingerPaints brand at Sally's but never bothered buying any, the colors were ok probably because I already have a nail polish collection and the colors on display seemed too familiar. BUT, I was weak last time while at Sally's and bought one FP bottle on sale and got second free. The dark indigo blue "Art You Blue?" and a nice warm chocolate "It Baroque". The indigo blue is nice as is but I loved it even better when I applied a layer of matte top coat. The brown color **reminds** a lot of Quo "Coffee and Cream" and OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys.
I'm not sure yet if I would use my FP picks too often as they are "ok" colors, I bought them because I wanted to try the brand and I was really happy with application: 2 coats creamer, dried fast, the everage wear power 4-5 days with mild chipping. Nothing over the top but NOT disappointing at all. : )

Bottom line: if OR when FP brand releases some unusual colors in the market I probably would buy them.

FingerPaints are by far my favorite nail polishes!

I love the color selection, and the packaging is nice. The brushes are always good and apply nicely. The polishes usually are perfect as far as being exactly the right thickness, one coat usually does it, two coats are more than enough. I always make a beeline to these polishes at Sally's!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this nail polish! The one I own is in Gossamer White. It was free at Sally's Beauty with the purchase of two ion brilliance hair colors. So, I tried it today and the color is lovely! It is a nude pink. It is very forgiving. I do not apply nail polish well, applied about 3 coats, yet it still looks smooth and beautiful. This is my new favorite nail color. The best part is that I got it for free! :)
Edit: This nail color does not last very long at all! Be sure to have a great top coat with it. It chips like nobody's business!

on 1/31/2012 12:22:00 AM

I can't say enough great things about FingerPaints nail polish!!! It is without a doubt the greatest polish I have ever used (and believe me I've tried everything from OPI to China Glaze to Essie). I only wear dark colored nail polish, so chipping is a huge issue for me because I used to constantly have to redo my nails! Not anymore! I use a base coat (Rock-Hard), one coat of polish, and a top coat (Rock-top coat). I went over two weeks without chipping even the slightest bit! I could have gone longer, but I really wanted to try another color. The only complaint I do have is that the formula for Black Expressionism was pretty thick the first time I used it. I squeezed in a little polish thinner, and problem solved! Also, the price is awesome when compared to OPI. I really can't tell you how nice it is to have to change polishes either for a color change or because of growth! The only time I've been able to do that is with gel polish. I haven't really had a chance to look at all of the colors, but I know there are quite a few (with super cute names if you're in to that sort of thing). Overall, I really recommend trying this polish out. I'm not sure how it is without a base/top coast, but with those, this stuff is the bomb!

on 11/2/2011 11:27:00 AM

I just love finding out which companies make what products, and in make-up, the overlap is head-spinning. So many companies putting out the high end products or the "professional" products also put out the less marketed lines--the same company that makes Chanel makes Bourjois, for example, L'Oreal owns almost all the make-up lines in the drug store or the department store, and now, OPI owns Finger Paints. Oh, wait, OPI does not in fact own Finger Paints (I missed the review where this was clarified, so excuse my mistake). Any way, it's quite a price difference between OPI and FP, and in my opinion, a huge performance difference as well.

I picked up a Finger Paints Cordur-Orange nail polish the other day at Sally's and put it on yesterday. The colour looks like a rich pumpkin orange in the bottle but it does develop and becomes richer as it dries, so it isn't the colour in the bottle--it's better than the colour in the bottle, a beautiful deep persimmon shade that says "fall" so clearly. It's a polish with some density--so if you don't like that, it's easily thinned out with a couple of drops of nail polish thinner. I found the thickness gave me a lot of flexibility in terms of applying it well. I put on two coats but in all honesty the polish is so saturated with pigment that one coat was opaque enough. The second coat covered any imperfect application, and in the end the product dried quickly and as smooth as glass. It's a gorgeous, glossy shade, a really good product (so much better than OPI could ever hope to be, and I'm tired of knowing I will always have to apply at least 3 coats of OPI to get the colour I want).

So far, it's wearing beautifully. And I expect it to last. I'll update on how it manages over the next little while--I expect at least 5 days every manicure (I do use an Orly base coat and one coat of Sally Hansen nude top coat) and I do not wear gloves to do dishes, shower, or swim. So we'll see how this fares.

Oh! I don't want to leave out the fact that the price is obscenely low, as I got this bottle on sale for 1.99. I will definitely be looking for new shades in this line from now on.

Popular Polishes