FingerPaints FingerPaints

4.6

on 9/3/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Decent polish for a decent price, and they have some really nice colours. With a good base and top coat, it doesn't generally chip. Absolutely love Palette of Perfection (a red with gold pigment) and Go Baroque (a sparkly, metallic, iridescent light gold and pink). Doesn't generally take more than one coat, even with light colours. The downside is that it's thick and sort of goopy, and the brush tends to be a bit streaky.

Avoid their matte colours, however; I bought two bottle of their new Film Noir collection (Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery). Love, love, love the colours, but they're an absolute pain to apply and get an even coat with. They also peel off in a very odd way, and they seriously do not dry very well, staying sticky for over an hour even with a Seche Vite top coat (which has successfully dried every other polish I own within two minutes, and about twenty with very thick coats). I was going to do a french tip with Petal Obsession and Go Baroque, but even after letting Petal Obsession dry for over an hour, my Orly French Tip guides ended up pulling the polish off. So I tried it again, using my SV top coat, but my top coat just wouldn't dry over the polish and it was a mess. Took it off and did a different colour, and will be returning those ones to the store. It may have been a defective batch; I'm not certain. But I do work at a beauty supply store, and that collection just wasn't selling; I think I know why.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I got this nail polish for free at Sally's, the color "laugh my art off" which is a very sparkly blue. It took a lot of coats to get the preferred color but it looks just like the bottle. So far it hasn't chipped or worn.

on 11/6/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was at Sally's and never heard of this brand and decided to give it a try. I'm SO IMPRESSED! Doesn't chip and is VERY long lasting. I did put on a base coat (CND stickey) and top coat (Seche Vite) It's been almost a month and still looking good. Move over OPI this Finger Paints could have something on you.

on 5/7/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

FingerPaints Nail Polishes are sold in Sally Beauty Supply Stores and have a wide, wide range of colors and finishes. They release new collections a few times a year so there's always something different to try. I find the quality of these products to be as good as (and in some cases better than) my Holy-Grail line which is OPI. The wear time is very good at five to six days with no chipping or crazing with basecoat, topcoat, and Seche Vite. All in all, I definitely keep an eye out for the new collections and would recommend this line.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two red colors, Primary Color and Scarlet, After I got both home they seemed to look different on my hands, but I still like them. They seem to wear a long time. Right now my fingers have lasted about 6 days, and are only now starting to chip. I wish They looked the same on as they did in the store, but overall I think they're very well made :) I happened to get one on sale last week for 3.50, they were discontinuing colors or whatever at Sally's.

on 11/5/2009 9:14:00 PM

I got Pink Imagination and Putty in my Hands today. I have Putty on now and absolutely love the color on me.The coverage is great, I actually liked the color from just one coat better but went for 2 and like it too...just a little deeper. It went on very smoothly, great consistency. There were so many colors that I wanted but I held it to 2. Pink Imagination looks so similar to OPI Princesses Rule that I nabbed the last bottle on the shelf. Then I found out ladies, that Finger Paints are made by OPI. This was revealed by a card in a shipping box. I'll be back with the real review of Finger Paints on Monday. I work weekends and my hands are in water a lot over the course of 38 hours. Most polishes don't hold up to it. We'll see!

Monday: The polish did wear well. No peeling, no chips. It did wear off on the tips. This was through numerous hand washings,food prep and washing of. 5 showers (even under gloves there is wear),and several dish washings. It was really hard for me to resist adding a coat every day:) as this is my habit.
I read the above comment . There is more to the article than that. Evidently this is a rumor that circulates through Sally's employees as that is alluded to in the article. http://theedgeofsanity.org/?p=2642 .There is the addy to read the whole thing. I did not mean to mislead anybody. I was told this by a sales lady at Sally's. I am sorry. But passing by all the silliness, this is indeed good nail polish and holds up very well. I can believe a manicure lasting a week without the torture my nails get at work.

Consensus is...good stuff! Next time I buy polish it will be Finger Paints.

on 8/8/2008 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are the highest quality, longest wearing polishes I have ever used. They are pretty much the same as OPI's original formula but I still think I like these better. Most of them are opaque in two coats and after 3 days, I don't get any chips or tipwear. I love these and will continue to buy them for I haven't found a better product yet!!

on 10/25/2007 11:56:00 AM

I'm running out to buy more of these today. Sketch Me If You Can is such a pretty bright corally color but not over the top, i would never have purchased this color if it hadn't been on sale and am so surprised to find that I love it. It applies like a dream, so smooth and creamy. I found it to dry rather quickly too.

Popular Polishes