FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this polish because it is not too thin and not too thick. In other words, it's the ideal consistency for a lovely manicure, IMHO. I have tried this product in A-cry-lic a Girl, which is a bright, Barbie pink. It wears amazingly well and does not chip unless I forget to apply a top coat. I typically have to remove this stuff because my nails have grown out and are bare at the base rather than because the polish is wearing off or chipping.

on 9/3/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Decent polish for a decent price, and they have some really nice colours. With a good base and top coat, it doesn't generally chip. Absolutely love Palette of Perfection (a red with gold pigment) and Go Baroque (a sparkly, metallic, iridescent light gold and pink). Doesn't generally take more than one coat, even with light colours. The downside is that it's thick and sort of goopy, and the brush tends to be a bit streaky.

Avoid their matte colours, however; I bought two bottle of their new Film Noir collection (Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery). Love, love, love the colours, but they're an absolute pain to apply and get an even coat with. They also peel off in a very odd way, and they seriously do not dry very well, staying sticky for over an hour even with a Seche Vite top coat (which has successfully dried every other polish I own within two minutes, and about twenty with very thick coats). I was going to do a french tip with Petal Obsession and Go Baroque, but even after letting Petal Obsession dry for over an hour, my Orly French Tip guides ended up pulling the polish off. So I tried it again, using my SV top coat, but my top coat just wouldn't dry over the polish and it was a mess. Took it off and did a different colour, and will be returning those ones to the store. It may have been a defective batch; I'm not certain. But I do work at a beauty supply store, and that collection just wasn't selling; I think I know why.

on 8/6/2013 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really want to like this brand. I really do. The colors I've seen are absolutely gorgeous, and the ones that I bought are really easy to apply and don't require many coats. The polish also dries very fast, which is good for impatient people like me.
The problems start about a day later, when it starts chipping. Sometimes it doesn't even take a full 24 hours! Even with a good Essie base coat and SV top coat, it chips like crazy!
This isn't specific to one or two colors, since I bought a bunch at once at Sally's (they were having a pretty good sale, and the polish itself is pretty cheap) and have since tested them all out, having the same exact problem with them all.
I wouldn't recommend this brand unless you're ok with touching your nails up every few hours.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I got this nail polish for free at Sally's, the color "laugh my art off" which is a very sparkly blue. It took a lot of coats to get the preferred color but it looks just like the bottle. So far it hasn't chipped or worn.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Fingerpaints offers good quality and selection for the price, but the fact that they're only sold at one retailer in North America kinda makes it a pain in the butt. Regardless, they make a lot of really neat core and limited edition polishes that are long-lasting.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like these polishes. I get as excited about them as I get about OPI, Essie, Chine Glaze, Color Club, ect because they are most definitely on par with salon brands in terms of color selection, wear, formula. I own a handful, like 20 maybe and so far my favorites are Natural Talent (better than OPI Bubble Bath imo), Psychedelic Pop (neon pink) and Hue Left A Message? (amazing rosy mauve glitter)...These always remove really well too which is important to me since I change polishes every few days. Great price too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a few Finger Paints polishes, and I absolutely love all of them. The application is great - it goes on very smoothly and allows you to move around where you need it without being streaky. Most colors are opaque in just one coat; some of the paler colors need two. With my normal base and top coats, these polishes usually last 4 days without chipping. I look forward to purchasing more!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have these polishes in "black expressionism" and "papier mache"(aka "black" and "white") and I also have the Fingerpaints topcoat. I wasn't really impressed with the topcoat-the coverage & the shine just doesn't compare to my beloved Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Topcoat...but the black and white polishes were PHENOMENAL! BOTH colors went on so smoothly-no streaks at all, which is very impressive considering black & white polishes can be difficult to apply-AND both colors went on completely opaque with just 1 coat!! These are definitely my new go-tos for black & white (my 2 favorite basecolors for nail art projects). Haven't tried other colors yet but i'm planning on it!

O. MY. GOD. - how is it possible that after YEARS of trying a wide variety of nail polishes only to discover that after only using OPI for the past 4 years, I have found not 1 but 2 replacement lines in the space of 1 month???

Revlon, L'Oreal, Essie, Sinful Colors, and too many other lines to recount here = NONE could EVER rival OPI's durability. If my mani doesn't last 5 days (and I wear gloves for any cleaning or washing of disches) = product is a fail for me.

I had given up on using anything by OPI. On impulse, I purchased Sally Hansen Total Manicure in a Bottle and this product in Shades of Dark w/in a month of each other (see my seperate review on the SH).

This stuff ROCKS!!! My mani lasted 4 days (w/ base and topcoat) and then there was only some minor tip wear = touched up tips = another 3 days of looking awesome!

Super cheap at Sallys (under $5) + - looks shiny enuf when dry that when I put my poshe topcoat on my left hand, let dry and compared to my non-top coated right hand = virtually impossible to tell which had topcoat and which didn't - it is that shiny when dry = AWESOME!

I do prefer a wider application brush (again, due to my OPI usage) but I can get used to this skinnier brush I believe.

Between this and Sally Hansen's Total Manicure in a Bottle - bye bye overpriced OPI! :)

on 11/21/2010 7:25:00 AM

This polish goes on smoothly and dries pretty quick but it only lasts a day, 2 max. I don't have time to paint my nails every day so it looks like I will have to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy a bottle of OPI to get pretty painted nails.

Popular Polishes