FingerPaints FingerPaints

Filtered by skin tone : Other
FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.6

FingerPaints are by far my favorite nail polishes!

I love the color selection, and the packaging is nice. The brushes are always good and apply nicely. The polishes usually are perfect as far as being exactly the right thickness, one coat usually does it, two coats are more than enough. I always make a beeline to these polishes at Sally's!

on 8/3/2008 1:15:00 PM

This review is for Easel Come Easel Go. It is foily silver polish similar to tin foil. It is not the most flattering color on my NC45 skin but it is a great addition to your polish collection for special events and holidays. It could almost be considered a neutral since it goes with so many different color. I have a special place in my heart for FingerPaints since they last so well on me. I think that they always come out with interesting colors. And I usually get at least 2-3 color each collection.

I have Finger Paints in several colors but Gossamer White is my all-time favorite. I continually go back to the polish because it provides such a great neutral/nude shade. It applies well, has great coverage, and is a staple at home and when I travel! When I need to have something that looks nice without being distracting, this is it!!

FingerPaints was definitely on my list of nailpolish brands to try! I had heard about these NP's from visiting the nailboard and found out they were only available at Sally Beauty Stores. Luckily for me, there are about 7-8 Sally stores in Toronto where I live and during the holidays I was able to get to the closest location. I purchased two shades, Brilliant Brushstroke and Hue Are You, and at $6.49 each CDN, Fingerpaints are less expensive than the other popular NP brands, OPI, Essie, China Glaze and Orly which retail for $9.50 to $11.75 CDN at Trade Secrets and other beauty stores. I much prefer to buy NP's online from Head2ToeBeauty. Toronto girls, I noticed Sally's also sells Orly NP's much cheaper than Trade Secrets! There were a few other less known NP brands sold at Sally but I can't remember their names. The only downside is that Sally's didn't have a huge selection of FingerPaints shades. The selection is not the same as Sally Beauty Stores in the U.S. I specifically went there to find some of the Fall and Holiday 2007 shades and they didn't have them. However, I'm quite happy with the two NP's that I bought. Brilliant Brushstroke is a nice red toned shade that has fine glitter. Hue Are You shows up on my nails as a rosey toned shade with hints of fuscia. Both NP's applied evenly with two coats. I only wish Sally locations in Toronto had more FingerPaints nailpolish shades.

on 9/17/2007 11:22:00 PM

Whoa, mama! I am beyond amazed by these polishes. I was a bad girl and impulse bought Bid On It Berry the other day at Sally's after I thought I was done shopping (you know how that goes). I did a quick couple coats on my toes and fingers last night, and did not expect it to last. I did not do a base or a top coat due to time shortage, so I was for sure I would have chippage today.

Lo and behold, I have ZERO chipping or cracking today! Wow...I am seriously impressed. I have a major problem with a certain pair of shoes that I own rubbing the polish off of my big toes. I wore those shoes today and just looked down at my toes....they look PERFECT!!! I'm thrilled that I don't have to touch up before work tomorrow. Awesome staying power, and the color in the bottle is very true to the color on your nails.

I agree that it takes a while to dry, but I put a coat of olive oil over the polish while it was still damp and it kept me from getting "bed bumps" on my nails while I was sleeping. The slow drying is nothing that a coat of Out The Door Top Coat couldn't fix either, so I am deducting no lippies. I will not purchase another brand of polish as long as they still make this! I'm tossing out all my old stuff...none of it holds a candle to this product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love these! They're pretty cheap for a long wearing polish. I have a few of these, and wear them for a few days before they chip, and even then its a very small chip, not enough to be very noticeable or have to remove it. One lippie off because they are very difficult to remove, and drying time is less than fast.

on 12/26/2006 12:20:00 PM

In general, the FingerPaints line is worth shouting about. The colors are available at Sally's Beauty Supply. The color palette is infused with interesting dramatic colors as well as lovely nudes. Not many sheers, ok by me. Also there are many seasonal collections and special deals on this brand.

Some classic must have shades are Bid on it Berry, Primrose Prism, Be a Pal-ette, Prints Charming, Yes You Can-vas--and each color name is based on some type of artistic theme.

The quality is very high. The feel of the polish's texture and brush are similar to the OPI feel everyone is familiar with. Some say the wear of FingerPaints is better even than the OPI.

Popular Polishes