FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.2

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like these polishes. I get as excited about them as I get about OPI, Essie, Chine Glaze, Color Club, ect because they are most definitely on par with salon brands in terms of color selection, wear, formula. I own a handful, like 20 maybe and so far my favorites are Natural Talent (better than OPI Bubble Bath imo), Psychedelic Pop (neon pink) and Hue Left A Message? (amazing rosy mauve glitter)...These always remove really well too which is important to me since I change polishes every few days. Great price too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a few Finger Paints polishes, and I absolutely love all of them. The application is great - it goes on very smoothly and allows you to move around where you need it without being streaky. Most colors are opaque in just one coat; some of the paler colors need two. With my normal base and top coats, these polishes usually last 4 days without chipping. I look forward to purchasing more!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have these polishes in "black expressionism" and "papier mache"(aka "black" and "white") and I also have the Fingerpaints topcoat. I wasn't really impressed with the topcoat-the coverage & the shine just doesn't compare to my beloved Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Topcoat...but the black and white polishes were PHENOMENAL! BOTH colors went on so smoothly-no streaks at all, which is very impressive considering black & white polishes can be difficult to apply-AND both colors went on completely opaque with just 1 coat!! These are definitely my new go-tos for black & white (my 2 favorite basecolors for nail art projects). Haven't tried other colors yet but i'm planning on it!

O. MY. GOD. - how is it possible that after YEARS of trying a wide variety of nail polishes only to discover that after only using OPI for the past 4 years, I have found not 1 but 2 replacement lines in the space of 1 month???

Revlon, L'Oreal, Essie, Sinful Colors, and too many other lines to recount here = NONE could EVER rival OPI's durability. If my mani doesn't last 5 days (and I wear gloves for any cleaning or washing of disches) = product is a fail for me.

I had given up on using anything by OPI. On impulse, I purchased Sally Hansen Total Manicure in a Bottle and this product in Shades of Dark w/in a month of each other (see my seperate review on the SH).

This stuff ROCKS!!! My mani lasted 4 days (w/ base and topcoat) and then there was only some minor tip wear = touched up tips = another 3 days of looking awesome!

Super cheap at Sallys (under $5) + - looks shiny enuf when dry that when I put my poshe topcoat on my left hand, let dry and compared to my non-top coated right hand = virtually impossible to tell which had topcoat and which didn't - it is that shiny when dry = AWESOME!

I do prefer a wider application brush (again, due to my OPI usage) but I can get used to this skinnier brush I believe.

Between this and Sally Hansen's Total Manicure in a Bottle - bye bye overpriced OPI! :)

on 6/24/2010 12:22:00 PM

I put Gossamer White (a pale pink) on my finger nails on Saturday and they are still pristine on Thursday. That beats any other polish's no-chip record by DAYS. I give this product two HUGE thumbs up! It went on well, has nice coverage, and this color is perfect. I will be ditching OPI forever!!

on 11/5/2009 9:14:00 PM

I got Pink Imagination and Putty in my Hands today. I have Putty on now and absolutely love the color on me.The coverage is great, I actually liked the color from just one coat better but went for 2 and like it too...just a little deeper. It went on very smoothly, great consistency. There were so many colors that I wanted but I held it to 2. Pink Imagination looks so similar to OPI Princesses Rule that I nabbed the last bottle on the shelf. Then I found out ladies, that Finger Paints are made by OPI. This was revealed by a card in a shipping box. I'll be back with the real review of Finger Paints on Monday. I work weekends and my hands are in water a lot over the course of 38 hours. Most polishes don't hold up to it. We'll see!

Monday: The polish did wear well. No peeling, no chips. It did wear off on the tips. This was through numerous hand washings,food prep and washing of. 5 showers (even under gloves there is wear),and several dish washings. It was really hard for me to resist adding a coat every day:) as this is my habit.
I read the above comment . There is more to the article than that. Evidently this is a rumor that circulates through Sally's employees as that is alluded to in the article. http://theedgeofsanity.org/?p=2642 .There is the addy to read the whole thing. I did not mean to mislead anybody. I was told this by a sales lady at Sally's. I am sorry. But passing by all the silliness, this is indeed good nail polish and holds up very well. I can believe a manicure lasting a week without the torture my nails get at work.

Consensus is...good stuff! Next time I buy polish it will be Finger Paints.

on 2/28/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These polishes apply flawlessly, the texture is just perfect and they wear very well. You can't beat the price, especially with a Sally card. Gorgeous colors too. I had thought I had to pay a lot of money for high quality polishes, I am so happy I found this brand and it proved me wrong.

on 10/8/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love finger paints! They are great polishes. I have just discovered my new favorite - natural talent. It is the perfect pink sheer to wear everyday! Try these you won't be disappointed.

on 10/25/2007 11:56:00 AM

I'm running out to buy more of these today. Sketch Me If You Can is such a pretty bright corally color but not over the top, i would never have purchased this color if it hadn't been on sale and am so surprised to find that I love it. It applies like a dream, so smooth and creamy. I found it to dry rather quickly too.

I purchased "rich fudge" today and the color is so gorgeous (a dark brown with slight golden flecks). I can't speak for the longevity just yet but the color was exactly what I was looking for. I normally buy the Orly polish while at Sally's but the brand doesn't carry any color like this so I decided to give it a try. I usually manage to mess my nails up pretty easily but this polish seems error proof; it dries relatively quickly and doesn't look bumpy no matter how much you (accidently) glob on.

Popular Polishes