FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.2

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have a couple of these. I got them at Sally Beauty. The quality is superlative. So far they have been as good as or better than OPI and Essie polishes I've tried. They go on smoothly, evenly: no streaks, no bubbles, no tacky gummies. Drying time is on the quick side of average. Wear has so far been very, very long. I only put this on my toes. Each one of these I have removed after 3+ weeks of wear, not because of chipping, fading, or edge wear, but because my nails had grown enough that the new growth was obvious. Oh yeah, this 3+ weeks of wear was with only one coat of polish, no base coat, no top coat. I wash my feet every day and clean my nails. The price is right, too. I think the regular price of these is less than $5, but there is often a deal of some sort, either a direct sale or BOGOF. There are not yet as many shades in this line (currently 80 or so) as in OPI or Essie, but give it time. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I agree these are awsome! I have only one at the moment, Coral Complement, and I love it. The color goes on super smooth with no bubbles or gloppiness and it has decent staying power. This is one of my favorites from Sally.

I purchased "rich fudge" today and the color is so gorgeous (a dark brown with slight golden flecks). I can't speak for the longevity just yet but the color was exactly what I was looking for. I normally buy the Orly polish while at Sally's but the brand doesn't carry any color like this so I decided to give it a try. I usually manage to mess my nails up pretty easily but this polish seems error proof; it dries relatively quickly and doesn't look bumpy no matter how much you (accidently) glob on.

on 2/1/2007 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm echoing everyone else's praises of this line. I love the color selection - wonderful variety, very fresh creative color ideas, and great quality as far as durability, stroke-ease, dry-time, etc. As an added bonus, there seems to be specials and sales in this line almost all the time at Sally's (at least the one in my town).

on 10/25/2007 11:56:00 AM

I'm running out to buy more of these today. Sketch Me If You Can is such a pretty bright corally color but not over the top, i would never have purchased this color if it hadn't been on sale and am so surprised to find that I love it. It applies like a dream, so smooth and creamy. I found it to dry rather quickly too.

on 10/8/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love finger paints! They are great polishes. I have just discovered my new favorite - natural talent. It is the perfect pink sheer to wear everyday! Try these you won't be disappointed.

on 2/28/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These polishes apply flawlessly, the texture is just perfect and they wear very well. You can't beat the price, especially with a Sally card. Gorgeous colors too. I had thought I had to pay a lot of money for high quality polishes, I am so happy I found this brand and it proved me wrong.

on 11/5/2009 9:14:00 PM

I got Pink Imagination and Putty in my Hands today. I have Putty on now and absolutely love the color on me.The coverage is great, I actually liked the color from just one coat better but went for 2 and like it too...just a little deeper. It went on very smoothly, great consistency. There were so many colors that I wanted but I held it to 2. Pink Imagination looks so similar to OPI Princesses Rule that I nabbed the last bottle on the shelf. Then I found out ladies, that Finger Paints are made by OPI. This was revealed by a card in a shipping box. I'll be back with the real review of Finger Paints on Monday. I work weekends and my hands are in water a lot over the course of 38 hours. Most polishes don't hold up to it. We'll see!

Monday: The polish did wear well. No peeling, no chips. It did wear off on the tips. This was through numerous hand washings,food prep and washing of. 5 showers (even under gloves there is wear),and several dish washings. It was really hard for me to resist adding a coat every day:) as this is my habit.
I read the above comment . There is more to the article than that. Evidently this is a rumor that circulates through Sally's employees as that is alluded to in the article. http://theedgeofsanity.org/?p=2642 .There is the addy to read the whole thing. I did not mean to mislead anybody. I was told this by a sales lady at Sally's. I am sorry. But passing by all the silliness, this is indeed good nail polish and holds up very well. I can believe a manicure lasting a week without the torture my nails get at work.

Consensus is...good stuff! Next time I buy polish it will be Finger Paints.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two red colors, Primary Color and Scarlet, After I got both home they seemed to look different on my hands, but I still like them. They seem to wear a long time. Right now my fingers have lasted about 6 days, and are only now starting to chip. I wish They looked the same on as they did in the store, but overall I think they're very well made :) I happened to get one on sale last week for 3.50, they were discontinuing colors or whatever at Sally's.

on 6/24/2010 12:22:00 PM

I put Gossamer White (a pale pink) on my finger nails on Saturday and they are still pristine on Thursday. That beats any other polish's no-chip record by DAYS. I give this product two HUGE thumbs up! It went on well, has nice coverage, and this color is perfect. I will be ditching OPI forever!!

Popular Polishes