FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have a couple of these. I got them at Sally Beauty. The quality is superlative. So far they have been as good as or better than OPI and Essie polishes I've tried. They go on smoothly, evenly: no streaks, no bubbles, no tacky gummies. Drying time is on the quick side of average. Wear has so far been very, very long. I only put this on my toes. Each one of these I have removed after 3+ weeks of wear, not because of chipping, fading, or edge wear, but because my nails had grown enough that the new growth was obvious. Oh yeah, this 3+ weeks of wear was with only one coat of polish, no base coat, no top coat. I wash my feet every day and clean my nails. The price is right, too. I think the regular price of these is less than $5, but there is often a deal of some sort, either a direct sale or BOGOF. There are not yet as many shades in this line (currently 80 or so) as in OPI or Essie, but give it time. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I agree these are awsome! I have only one at the moment, Coral Complement, and I love it. The color goes on super smooth with no bubbles or gloppiness and it has decent staying power. This is one of my favorites from Sally.

I purchased "rich fudge" today and the color is so gorgeous (a dark brown with slight golden flecks). I can't speak for the longevity just yet but the color was exactly what I was looking for. I normally buy the Orly polish while at Sally's but the brand doesn't carry any color like this so I decided to give it a try. I usually manage to mess my nails up pretty easily but this polish seems error proof; it dries relatively quickly and doesn't look bumpy no matter how much you (accidently) glob on.

on 12/26/2006 12:20:00 PM

In general, the FingerPaints line is worth shouting about. The colors are available at Sally's Beauty Supply. The color palette is infused with interesting dramatic colors as well as lovely nudes. Not many sheers, ok by me. Also there are many seasonal collections and special deals on this brand.

Some classic must have shades are Bid on it Berry, Primrose Prism, Be a Pal-ette, Prints Charming, Yes You Can-vas--and each color name is based on some type of artistic theme.

The quality is very high. The feel of the polish's texture and brush are similar to the OPI feel everyone is familiar with. Some say the wear of FingerPaints is better even than the OPI.

on 2/1/2007 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm echoing everyone else's praises of this line. I love the color selection - wonderful variety, very fresh creative color ideas, and great quality as far as durability, stroke-ease, dry-time, etc. As an added bonus, there seems to be specials and sales in this line almost all the time at Sally's (at least the one in my town).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love these! They're pretty cheap for a long wearing polish. I have a few of these, and wear them for a few days before they chip, and even then its a very small chip, not enough to be very noticeable or have to remove it. One lippie off because they are very difficult to remove, and drying time is less than fast.

I love these too! I have several colors in these. I have Mural Mural on the Wall and Auction Auburn which are reddish brown shades with a hint of coral. Coral Complement is a gorgeous coral color perfect for summer.

I hate that I can only get these at Sallys. If not they would be my HG brand of polish. I'm in Europe so I can't get them here. continued >>

on 9/17/2007 11:22:00 PM

Whoa, mama! I am beyond amazed by these polishes. I was a bad girl and impulse bought Bid On It Berry the other day at Sally's after I thought I was done shopping (you know how that goes). I did a quick couple coats on my toes and fingers last night, and did not expect it to last. I did not do a base or a top coat due to time shortage, so I was for sure I would have chippage today.

Lo and behold, I have ZERO chipping or cracking today! Wow...I am seriously impressed. I have a major problem with a certain pair of shoes that I own rubbing the polish off of my big toes. I wore those shoes today and just looked down at my toes....they look PERFECT!!! I'm thrilled that I don't have to touch up before work tomorrow. Awesome staying power, and the color in the bottle is very true to the color on your nails.

I agree that it takes a while to dry, but I put a coat of olive oil over the polish while it was still damp and it kept me from getting "bed bumps" on my nails while I was sleeping. The slow drying is nothing that a coat of Out The Door Top Coat couldn't fix either, so I am deducting no lippies. I will not purchase another brand of polish as long as they still make this! I'm tossing out all my old stuff...none of it holds a candle to this product.

on 10/17/2007 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm so sad to end the winning streak on this one, though not really. I've had these for a long while, and just had not gotten around to applying. Well i took off my OPI 'I'm Not Really A Waitress", and put on what looked like a gorgeous fushia-like colour from FP. Man, oh man what a flop. The colour came off mor as orange on my toes, and after two generous coats, it was just not vibrant enough. I tried to cover it up with another coat of OPI, but now i'm wearing 3 coats of polish, which i hate doing, and i'm still not happy with it. I may start over tomorrow, and use it as an excuse to go buy more polish, even though i've only had it on for 36 hours. Very blah!!!

on 10/25/2007 11:56:00 AM

I'm running out to buy more of these today. Sketch Me If You Can is such a pretty bright corally color but not over the top, i would never have purchased this color if it hadn't been on sale and am so surprised to find that I love it. It applies like a dream, so smooth and creamy. I found it to dry rather quickly too.

Popular Polishes