FingerPaints FingerPaints

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/2/2011 11:27:00 AM

I just love finding out which companies make what products, and in make-up, the overlap is head-spinning. So many companies putting out the high end products or the "professional" products also put out the less marketed lines--the same company that makes Chanel makes Bourjois, for example, L'Oreal owns almost all the make-up lines in the drug store or the department store, and now, OPI owns Finger Paints. Oh, wait, OPI does not in fact own Finger Paints (I missed the review where this was clarified, so excuse my mistake). Any way, it's quite a price difference between OPI and FP, and in my opinion, a huge performance difference as well.

I picked up a Finger Paints Cordur-Orange nail polish the other day at Sally's and put it on yesterday. The colour looks like a rich pumpkin orange in the bottle but it does develop and becomes richer as it dries, so it isn't the colour in the bottle--it's better than the colour in the bottle, a beautiful deep persimmon shade that says "fall" so clearly. It's a polish with some density--so if you don't like that, it's easily thinned out with a couple of drops of nail polish thinner. I found the thickness gave me a lot of flexibility in terms of applying it well. I put on two coats but in all honesty the polish is so saturated with pigment that one coat was opaque enough. The second coat covered any imperfect application, and in the end the product dried quickly and as smooth as glass. It's a gorgeous, glossy shade, a really good product (so much better than OPI could ever hope to be, and I'm tired of knowing I will always have to apply at least 3 coats of OPI to get the colour I want).

So far, it's wearing beautifully. And I expect it to last. I'll update on how it manages over the next little while--I expect at least 5 days every manicure (I do use an Orly base coat and one coat of Sally Hansen nude top coat) and I do not wear gloves to do dishes, shower, or swim. So we'll see how this fares.

Oh! I don't want to leave out the fact that the price is obscenely low, as I got this bottle on sale for 1.99. I will definitely be looking for new shades in this line from now on.

on 5/7/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

FingerPaints Nail Polishes are sold in Sally Beauty Supply Stores and have a wide, wide range of colors and finishes. They release new collections a few times a year so there's always something different to try. I find the quality of these products to be as good as (and in some cases better than) my Holy-Grail line which is OPI. The wear time is very good at five to six days with no chipping or crazing with basecoat, topcoat, and Seche Vite. All in all, I definitely keep an eye out for the new collections and would recommend this line.

O. MY. GOD. - how is it possible that after YEARS of trying a wide variety of nail polishes only to discover that after only using OPI for the past 4 years, I have found not 1 but 2 replacement lines in the space of 1 month???

Revlon, L'Oreal, Essie, Sinful Colors, and too many other lines to recount here = NONE could EVER rival OPI's durability. If my mani doesn't last 5 days (and I wear gloves for any cleaning or washing of disches) = product is a fail for me.

I had given up on using anything by OPI. On impulse, I purchased Sally Hansen Total Manicure in a Bottle and this product in Shades of Dark w/in a month of each other (see my seperate review on the SH).

This stuff ROCKS!!! My mani lasted 4 days (w/ base and topcoat) and then there was only some minor tip wear = touched up tips = another 3 days of looking awesome!

Super cheap at Sallys (under $5) + - looks shiny enuf when dry that when I put my poshe topcoat on my left hand, let dry and compared to my non-top coated right hand = virtually impossible to tell which had topcoat and which didn't - it is that shiny when dry = AWESOME!

I do prefer a wider application brush (again, due to my OPI usage) but I can get used to this skinnier brush I believe.

Between this and Sally Hansen's Total Manicure in a Bottle - bye bye overpriced OPI! :)

on 3/28/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

FingerPaints nail color is a line of polish found in Sally Beauty Supply. They have a wide, WIDE range of colors with many that are unique but also quite a few that are almost (in some cases exact) dupes to OPI shades. I have found that the application varies from color to color/bottle to bottle. Some are gloopy, some are thin. The drying time is average - not too slow. I have found that they are very shiny but not as glass-like as most OPIs. The wear time is up there with OPI with no chipping or crazing for five days. All in all, I've had good luck with some shades in this line of polish and bad luck with others, hence the 3 star rating.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

There's no Sally Beauty near me and I forgot I had a bottle of this, in Blank Canvas purchased 2 years ago while visiting friends. I tried it last week. Wow. Great coverage, no streaking, long lasting. Wow. Sally, open a store closer to me!

Popular Polishes