FingerPaints FingerPaints

3.8

on 9/3/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Decent polish for a decent price, and they have some really nice colours. With a good base and top coat, it doesn't generally chip. Absolutely love Palette of Perfection (a red with gold pigment) and Go Baroque (a sparkly, metallic, iridescent light gold and pink). Doesn't generally take more than one coat, even with light colours. The downside is that it's thick and sort of goopy, and the brush tends to be a bit streaky.

Avoid their matte colours, however; I bought two bottle of their new Film Noir collection (Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery). Love, love, love the colours, but they're an absolute pain to apply and get an even coat with. They also peel off in a very odd way, and they seriously do not dry very well, staying sticky for over an hour even with a Seche Vite top coat (which has successfully dried every other polish I own within two minutes, and about twenty with very thick coats). I was going to do a french tip with Petal Obsession and Go Baroque, but even after letting Petal Obsession dry for over an hour, my Orly French Tip guides ended up pulling the polish off. So I tried it again, using my SV top coat, but my top coat just wouldn't dry over the polish and it was a mess. Took it off and did a different colour, and will be returning those ones to the store. It may have been a defective batch; I'm not certain. But I do work at a beauty supply store, and that collection just wasn't selling; I think I know why.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I got this nail polish for free at Sally's, the color "laugh my art off" which is a very sparkly blue. It took a lot of coats to get the preferred color but it looks just like the bottle. So far it hasn't chipped or worn.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this nail polish! The one I own is in Gossamer White. It was free at Sally's Beauty with the purchase of two ion brilliance hair colors. So, I tried it today and the color is lovely! It is a nude pink. It is very forgiving. I do not apply nail polish well, applied about 3 coats, yet it still looks smooth and beautiful. This is my new favorite nail color. The best part is that I got it for free! :)
Edit: This nail color does not last very long at all! Be sure to have a great top coat with it. It chips like nobody's business!

on 1/31/2012 12:22:00 AM

I can't say enough great things about FingerPaints nail polish!!! It is without a doubt the greatest polish I have ever used (and believe me I've tried everything from OPI to China Glaze to Essie). I only wear dark colored nail polish, so chipping is a huge issue for me because I used to constantly have to redo my nails! Not anymore! I use a base coat (Rock-Hard), one coat of polish, and a top coat (Rock-top coat). I went over two weeks without chipping even the slightest bit! I could have gone longer, but I really wanted to try another color. The only complaint I do have is that the formula for Black Expressionism was pretty thick the first time I used it. I squeezed in a little polish thinner, and problem solved! Also, the price is awesome when compared to OPI. I really can't tell you how nice it is to have to change polishes either for a color change or because of growth! The only time I've been able to do that is with gel polish. I haven't really had a chance to look at all of the colors, but I know there are quite a few (with super cute names if you're in to that sort of thing). Overall, I really recommend trying this polish out. I'm not sure how it is without a base/top coast, but with those, this stuff is the bomb!

I bought Paper Mache (PM) and Gossamer White (GW) for $6 CDN at Sally's because I read that they were dupes for OPI's Alpine Snow and Bubble Bath. I don't own those OPI shades so I can't compare them. What I can say is that the formula of Finger Paints is rather on the thick side. Applying GW gave me a headache, it was just too sheer, streaky, bubbly, and goopy & I gave up after the 4th coat because I still could not get it even. In addition, it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry. I don't know if it's just that shade/bottle but I used PM (2 coats) for french tips, it did the job well and lasted me 5 days before peeling. The brush is the typical thin brush applicator, nothing special. The bottle is bit hard to hold on to since it's really round and slippy. I believe there are better brands with better formulas out there.

on 2/14/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good range of colors but the product itself is terrible! Chipped within a few hours of painting even with a good topcoat on. Color also dried darker which I was bummed about. Don't waste your time or money with this product!

on 4/22/2010 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have Artistic Azure, which is a royal blue with blue shimmer, and I would not buy this again. It's not the colour that was unimpressive because the colour is very nice. When removing the polish with nail polish remover, if you're not careful the blue will stain your finger tips as you wipe off the polish. I'm wearing this colour right now and when I take it off, it's going to look like I killed a smurf.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two red colors, Primary Color and Scarlet, After I got both home they seemed to look different on my hands, but I still like them. They seem to wear a long time. Right now my fingers have lasted about 6 days, and are only now starting to chip. I wish They looked the same on as they did in the store, but overall I think they're very well made :) I happened to get one on sale last week for 3.50, they were discontinuing colors or whatever at Sally's.

on 10/8/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love finger paints! They are great polishes. I have just discovered my new favorite - natural talent. It is the perfect pink sheer to wear everyday! Try these you won't be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love these! They're pretty cheap for a long wearing polish. I have a few of these, and wear them for a few days before they chip, and even then its a very small chip, not enough to be very noticeable or have to remove it. One lippie off because they are very difficult to remove, and drying time is less than fast.

Popular Polishes