FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm surprised by some of the lower ratings. I found this particular polish- (a drugstore nail polish no less) long-wearing, and reasonably priced.

I purchased this particular nail polish at a local Sally's. They were having a sale, and I chose the colour: " Crystalline Crush" for 99 cents. I would describe this colour as a beautiful cool toned champagne with chunky chrome glitter and part of the "Shredded Chrome Collection". What I loved about this particular nail polish is that although it's a "chunky glitter". It glides on smoothly, and takes approximate a minute, to dry. I used the RubyKisses base and top coats ( which are drugstore brands), and so far I am on my third day with no chips.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a problem with this polish. The irony is that "salon brands" such as OPI, Essie, etc. tend to be gooey, takes a long time to dry, chips withing a few hours, and aren't particularly "cheap" or "good quality" in my opinion. I don't judge a nail polish by their brand, as this was kind of a spontaneous purchase, but I can tell you that this is a winner in my book.

on 8/6/2013 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really want to like this brand. I really do. The colors I've seen are absolutely gorgeous, and the ones that I bought are really easy to apply and don't require many coats. The polish also dries very fast, which is good for impatient people like me.
The problems start about a day later, when it starts chipping. Sometimes it doesn't even take a full 24 hours! Even with a good Essie base coat and SV top coat, it chips like crazy!
This isn't specific to one or two colors, since I bought a bunch at once at Sally's (they were having a pretty good sale, and the polish itself is pretty cheap) and have since tested them all out, having the same exact problem with them all.
I wouldn't recommend this brand unless you're ok with touching your nails up every few hours.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

FingerPaints nail polishes are WONDERFUL. I only have 3 of these, but I can't wait to get some more. They all apply super smoothly (no issues whatsoever), and don't bubble up after applying. The formula is great too; two out of the three that I own are completely opaque in one coat. They dried quickly and lasted a good amount of time with a base coat and top coat. What's not to love? Even the bottle is cute.
The only problem with FingerPaints is that they don't really have a great color selection. 80% of their polishes are red or pink. =/

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This line has produced some of my favorite polishes of all time. I absolutely love the concept, too. Finger Paints? Hello, that is super-cute! And the names are precious as well. They're all art-related and very creative. Being an artist, myself, I can definitely appreciate the polishes. I own "Putty in My Hands" (a very pretty, deep nude with golden undertones), "Sheerly Artistic" (a creamy nude pink), "Get Realism" (a semi-sheer shimmery lavender), & the clear coat. I'll go ahead & say that the Finger Paints clear coat is the only one I'll use. It has wonderful staying power and it has just the right consistency. It's not too thick or thing, it's perfect. Makes my nails simply gleam, too.

I definitely go for these when I need a new polish. Sally's was holding a buy-two get-one-free sale the last time I stocked up...they're great for the price. Less than $4 with their Beauty Club Card.

Popular Polishes