MAC Cosmetics Tailormade 6 cool lips Nordstroms 2005

Price: $

on 7/20/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I admit to having a lipstick/lip gloss addiction. I also have a weakness for palettes of all kinds. I don't use my palettes that often, I like having them and looking at how pretty they all are. All that aside, I think Mac's Tailormade 6 cool lips from the Nordstrom 2005 anniversary sale is a wonderful addition to my palette and lipstick collections. This is definitely a palette for people who love pinks. The colors are from left to right - Fashion card - a very very pale pink, Primped Up - a gorgeous mauvey-pink, Dressing Rose - a bright but sheer fuschia, Syrup - an old and dear favorite of mine as a "my lips but better" medium pink with a touch of brown, Sweetie - another favorite color of mine for spring/summer, which is a sheer, medium-deep clear pink and Silhouette - a gorgeous slightly bronzey-pink and the only color with shimmer. It's a lot of fun to play with this palette and mix colors together. I really didn't think I would buy the anniversary lip palette from Mac this year - I have a couple of their other lipstick palettes from previous years and thought from looking at it on line, that it was just a repeat of previous years. I was wrong. This palette appears to be more compact in size (though I could be imagining this since the amount of product looks just the same) than previous years - something I always appreciate in a palette since I hate to lug around anything that is big or bulky. I like very much the look of this palette - it is black but with a cushioned fabric cover on top that I think looks very classy. The lip brush that comes with this palette is very useable - something that I usually don't find to be true at all. I have been using this palette non-stop for almost a week. I am almost certain I am going to pick up a spare one for when this one is used up. I also plan to buy at least one of these colors as a regular lipstick because I like it so much - Primped Up. Five stars for a great selection of Mac pink lipsticks colors *****.