NARS Orgasm Blush

NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

I'm a blusher junkie, owning a total of 12 blushers (powder, cream, liquid/ tint) I can say that nars orgasm is totally overrated. It is definitely not for very light/ pale skin with neutral/ cool undertones (I'm a N10-N12 or Giorgio Armani Foundation shade #2). It'd be too bright & peachy for pale skin, unless you like very obvious blush on your face instead of something more of a natural flush. It is TOO GLITTERY for my liking! I literally can see the obvious gold flakes on my cheeks no matter which angle I look into the mirror! I do like my blusher to have very subtle sheen for a glowy effect like some of the Chanel JC blushers but Nars Orgasm is not as finely milled as Chanel JC. It has good lasting power though. 7-8 hours.

Having that said, I believe it could be a decent blusher for NC20-30 medium to slightly tanned complexion with yellow undertone. The gold glitters will probably be less obvious on them.

For me, I'll definitely not buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

While this is a nice blush I feel like it is totally overrated.

To Read all 5245 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/19/2016 7:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Great blush! A little goes a long way!!

This is a fantastic product. But I don't think it's the only blush you'll ever need. I think it's very warm and shimmery, so I really don't think it's a color that should be worn by everybody with every outfit, etc. But, the shimmer is nice, not over the top, but a bit much for day time office look (for me). It will last forever. And now it looks like you can get lots of the nars blushes in pans for their pro palette for $21.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was my standard blush for years and whenever I use it, I remember why. It's a gorgeous colour and I love not needing to use a highlighter when I used this blush. I have to use this blush with a light hand, but applied correctly its so pretty. The texture is nice and the packaging is compact and great for travelling with a nicely sized mirror inside. If you're looking for a standard shimmery gold blush, I'd give this a try.

on 9/2/2016 5:46:00 PM

The strangest thing happenned with this blush.
For referance my skin is light, with neutral undertones (neither NC or NW, 15 too pale, 20 too dark) but very, very pale.
I bought this blush about 1.5 years ago because of its HG status, it was fine, soft, pigmented, nice rose/coral tone, very fine golden shimmer, didnĀ“t made me break out, but somehow I just felt it blah. I reach for my mac blushes (rosy outlook, melba and pinch me are my favs) a lot more.

The blush that I kept in my purse disappeared and I put this one mainly because its mirror (nice packaging, only hate how it forms a crust of dirt on the black surface, have to clean it with soap often) so I started using it more. In matter of days it shattered and I mend it with 72% isopropilic alcohol. Now the blush is more pink, a little bit more dark and fushia and I love it! It suits me better, comes more soft and I can even apply it with a tissue (forget the brush in another purse and was already at work).

I will probably buy it again, I wanna check the oasis and other shades, and if again I'm not completely satisfied I will add the alcohol again. Very natural for everyday, MBBB with a little bit of shimmer.

Good

i bought orgasm as part of a duo with the laguna bronzer. both are so hyped that i figured i'd try both.

i don't know if i just picked a bad one or what, because the colour i got looked NOTHING like any photos i had seen. it had the typical orgasm gold flecks, but the pink was so near neon, it looked like it was more suited for a clown. and the shimmer was so overpowering, not at all suitable for a daytime look (and yes, the back of the palette did indeed say it was orgasm).

bottom line, it looked horrible. i've tried the orgasm illuminator in stores and it's pretty, but the actual blush is terrible. nyx's pinched is far closer to the colour i expected and it's infinitely cheaper.

on 8/18/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was ordering from Sephora online and this blush came up as a sample. I was thrilled because I had always wanted to try it due to it's crazy hype. I had heard of this blush so much and how amazingly flattering it is on all skin tones. As soon as I got it I put it on and in the soft glow of my lamp (this is evening btw and I was just about to go shower for the night) it looked just as amazing as I had hoped. I actually was just about to order the full size but decided to wait on it. The next day I go to do my makeup and begin applying the blush again only this time in natural light. Wow...it looked awful. As someone else mentioned it looked like my foundation wasn't covering or something while the crazy shimmer decided to highlight my not-too-terribly-big pores. I actually went and washed my face right after and started over. So yeah, I learned a valuable lesson...never buy anything you don't see in natural light first no matter how much the Internet tries to convince you it's perfect.

on 8/15/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't believed that I have never reviewed this iconic product until now.
I have a deluxe sample and honestly, that's quite enough for my PPP 40-something skin. It is a bit peachy on me and yes, there is some glitter/shimmer to it.

I think I shall try Deep Throat next.
I like Orgasm but it is NOT a HG for me. (And I fear Super Orgasm will be a glitter bomb!)