NARS Orgasm Blush

NARS Orgasm Blush

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Acetate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Isopropyl Lanolate, Propylparaben, Triclosan, Methylparaben, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Bha; May Contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 15880 (Red 34 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

on 4/14/2018 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: 7.5/10

I'm NW13, for reference. I got this as a GWP. I had never considered buying it before as I don't like glitter on my face at all. I was pleasantly surprised! I am a huge fan of Nars blushes so I knew I would like the formula (Nars blushes are very pigmented and kind of dry feeling - you will need to blend them into the cheek). This blush isn't glittery at all. It has a strong shimmer but I like shimmery blushes and bronzers so this isn't a problem for me. And it's so flattering! I find peachy blushes to flatter my skin tone the best. This blush makes me look healthy and alive.

The reason I didn't give this one full marks is firstly because Nars blushes are very expensive. Secondly, I think this is pretty easy to dupe so I wouldn't buy it again. But I really enjoy it and I'm glad I got that GWP.

on 4/12/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really do not understand what all the hype is about with this blush? It is orange with gold shimmer. Who flushes orange and gold?
If you like unnatural colored cheeks, this is perfect for you. I can possibly see this as an eyeshadow, but no good as a blush for me.

This is my go to blush it looks great in all skin tones very natural and pretty. Nars claims this blush brighten and rejuvenates skin this is a understatement. This blush is the perfect shade!

on 2/15/2018 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I remember purchasing this after I got my first paycheck ever! I was so excited to start using this blush I had seen everyone rave about. Well that turned out to be a dud. No matter what I did, it gave me crazy bumpy skin whenever I applied it. It was like clockwork. I still haven't figured out what it is about this blush that my skin hates. And secondly, I had to sadly admit to myself I didn't even like the color. It's GORGEOUS in the pan. But I just don't find intense gold shimmery cheeks flattering at all.

on 2/13/2018 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

NARS idea of The Big O is a Big NO for me. And like Adrienne1973 below, I'm baffled at the insistence that this shade is universally flattering. I'm fair/cool toned and the 2 times I've suffered this blush, it was for occasions where a professional makeup artist was hired. Regardless of layering, it pulled orange in day/natural light and looked downright awful in flash photography.

I'm glad I never wasted any money on this product, but I would pay to burn those photos if I could.

on 2/4/2018 1:26:00 AM

This is still the best blush on this planet! I find it universal and so pretty, cant imagine a skin tone that wouldnt look beautiful in it. The pink shows and so does the warmth just wish it didnt involve shimmer!!!!!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I’ll nwver understand this one. Especially as a professional makeup artist.. I just don’t love a super shimmery blush. Oh and absolutely forget it if there is any texture on the cheeks. I now use this as a lid color if I’m doing any king of peachy pinky crease color on anyone...or myself....

on 2/2/2018 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

One of the first blushes I ever purchased of the best. It is sheer and somewhat buildable, which makes it easy to apply, even as a beginner. The shimmer is subtle and I appreciated it as a highlighter long before the highlighter craze.

I now have a TON of blushes and highlighters, high and lower end, but I always end up coming back to this one.

I just wish I didn’t find it embarrassing to say the name when I’m talking to my daughter about makeup. ;-)

I was so excited to buy this. It was my first "hyped" purchase and it looks so beautiful in the pan. However, it doesn't really show up that well. Maybe I got a dud, but mainly what shows up on my face is gold glitter. If I put on enough to see the color the glitter is out of control and the pink is not that flattering on my nc20 skin anyway. I prefer Milani luminoso because it has way better color payoff and no glitter. I keep this around because I'm sentimental about it, but I mainly just use it for the mirror. I've had it since 2013 and it still looks untouched :(

on 1/8/2018 9:58:00 AM

Exquisite and a true classic. Packaging could be better but appreciate the mirror.