NARS Orgasm Blush

NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

on 8/6/2017 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I guess I'm one of those unfortunate souls who did not like this product at all. I waited years to buy this and tried out several shoes before I finally just went into Sephora and bought it once and for all. I found the colour payoff to be patchy and non existent. The gold shimmers in here were a million times more prominent than the pink colour ever was.

I remember trying this blush years ago when it first came out. I did not care for it then as I felt like it was too shiny. Fast forward 5+ years and I decided to give it another chance based on a youtube video by a MUA I really like and he recommended it for mature skin, so I figured I would give it another try.

Here is the deal. As I have aged, I have lost what was once considered "luminosity." Where the hell did it go??? OH. It's just what happened as I aged? Super...not. Initially after I applied the blush, I looked at my makeup mirror and said - ugh! The sheen!! UGH!! So obvious. But when I saw myself in a mirror in natural light, it was a soft and pretty peachy flush to the skin. The gold made my face look more lively and gave it more dimension. I was given several compliments (one from my husband who NEVER notices things). IDK I think we have been taught for so long that as we age we should NOT use any shimmery products, and so we steer away from them. I think glitter is a huge NO NO, but this is a pretty shimmer and it gives my complexion more life.

I say give it a whirl if you've never tried it. If you are a woman of a "certain" age and have tried it in the past and you said "hell no," then I encourage you to give it another try. Sephora has an incredible return policy, so if you hate it you can always return and exchange it for something else.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I understand the hype behind this product. It's absolutely beautiful on the skin. The color is very light but has a gold shimmer. I did my eyebrows and threw this blush on and got complimented on my "highlighter" which I did not have on. Needless to say, it's a beautiful blush. My new HG

on 7/31/2017 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pretty colour in the pan but I don't get the whole hype? There are so many similar colours with much better pigment. It doesn't apply the way it looks in the pan. The blush appears gritty but applies smoothly. The pinky-plum colour is quite sheer, has a beautiful golden overtone sheen that matches in subtly, which gives its peach-like colouring. On application I don't notice much base colour, maybe a 'mild' flush appearance to the cheeks but the warm golden glow is defin the star. I prefer this as a daytime blush. By the end of the day the colour has faded but the golden glow is still prominent. Great for travel as the casing is fairly thin and light, a mirror enclosed, the only downfall is the rubberized coating of the casing which attracts loose makeup, can be difficult to clean. Overall it's a light pretty blush esp for the summer months but not as pigmented as ie TheBalm-Hot Mama or Cargo-Los Cabos or Milani-Luminoso... which have better colour payoff. I prob will continue to repurchase as it does have a place in my make up aresnal.

on 7/23/2017 3:00:00 PM

I do understand why this blush is so popular. It's the perfect, subtle color that just about anyone can work with. I've been using it off and on for about a month now and I do enjoy it.

on 7/18/2017 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the woman who said that this is not a blush for those over 50, I could not disagree more. I am a pale blonde with grays, without blush I look like a "White Walker" from GOT. This is the best blush I have ever used, it instantly warms my face and gives me a lovely glow. It is one of my "must have" items.

on 7/18/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE for anyone over the age of 50. (This is my opinion.) All I see are fairy-dust gold sparkles all over my cheeks when I used this... UGH! Gold sparkles that sit inside your pores and accentuate your fine lines and wrinkles, ladies! The high rating for this product must be from young people, because this blush is *not* for me! Not to mention that anyone allergic to lanolin in any form needs to AVOID this like the plague! One of the ingredients is "isopropyl lanolate" and that is not good for people sensitive to lanolin. I would score this a big, fat, ZERO if I could...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first Nars Blush, and I wish I had went with a matte or satin formulation over this. The shade itself is so beautiful, the coral really brightens up my light olive (C2) skin tone. However, the glitter and shimmer ruin it for me. If I use this after I have powdered my face, the glitter particles look scattered and messy. The only way this can be used well in my opinion, is on an un-powdered face, so the glitter stays concentrated. I hate the feeling of a "tacky" face, so I do not do this. The color does stay on longer than most blushes I have used. The lid of this broke off for me sadly when dropped, and I am not a fan of the rubbery packaging in general.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Disclaimer—this is two reviews, one for the cream formula (stick) and one for the powder. The cream is pricier, but the packaging straightforward. The powder (I got it in a travel-size as part of a blush-and-contour “impulse buy” at the Sephora checkout line) was less expensive, but the compact is tough to open without endangering one’s fingernails—which seems to be a problem with many brands’ compacts (from blushes to shadows) that snap closed securely without hinges or closures snapping off. Were I to buy the compact again but in a full size (and I likely will), if it’s easier to open I will rate its packaging more highly.

Both do get overall ratings of 5, despite high price & packaging glitches for the powder, because the shade is perfectly universal (looks loud & glittery until you put it on, then harmonizes with fair-to-medium skin shades and warm or cool skin tones). Both forms of the blush are “buildable.” For day, especially if I am not wearing any sort of foundation (including tinted moisturizer), I prefer one swipe of the cream, which blends perfectly, and then a second if my aging skin “drinks” it in too rapidly. For evening, especially over foundation, I first apply the cream, blend it, and then set it with a very light dusting of the powder version. (The bronzer shade in the compact is great for subtle contouring for those, like me, not willing to do complex shading & highlighting except for preparing for a photo or video shoot).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In spite of being a hardcore makeup fan for about half of my life, I had never tried the original Orgasm from Nars. I've tried (and liked) many dupes, but I never really thought Nars was worth the splurge given the availability of affordable dupes on the market. I do like Nars' powder blush formula, and Deep Throat is my #2 HG blush of life, but I still stayed stubbornly away from Orgasm for no other reason than disinterest. I finally swallowed my pride and tried Orgasm, and I was surprised by how much I really liked it, even compared to other dupes I have used and with my deep love for DT. It is shimmery, but I love shimmer so I don't see that as a negative. The color is pretty, much more peachy than my beloved DT, but on my fair and neutral skin it is still super-flattering. As with every other Nars blush, the packaging is fine except for that irritating rubberized packaging, but I can live with the outside constantly looking like it's been buried in the Sahara for a century since the product inside is nice. Unfortunately, with Nars now selling in China, this will be my final Nars purchase, but I am glad that I got to try their most famous product before they announced that business decision.

Popular Blush Products