NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Blush

NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Blush

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Acetate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Isopropyl Lanolate, Propylparaben, Triclosan, Methylparaben, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Bha; May Contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 15880 (Red 34 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

I’ve had this for more than 5 years. Just one. I don’t use it every day, but there have been periods of time that I did. There’s a lot of pan showing now but I still think that what’s left will last awhile.

I’ve seen a lot of people say that it has too much shimmer, but it doesn’t look very shimmery on me. You really have to look closely to notice it at all. It’s more of a healthy glow. I say this as someone who never uses highlighters or glittery eyeshadows because I’ve never liked that look on me.

I do use a pretty light hand with this and all blushes because my skin is really pretty fair. I mean, I’m 36 and when I was in high school, Prescriptives was my only option for foundation lol. Most companies didn’t even make foundations that were light enough for me years later, more do in the last few years.
I have neutral undertones, maybe bordering on slightly cool. Can’t decide because cool and warm shades of blush, eyeshadow and lip products both look okay on me. I wear blush every time that I wear makeup because I look sickly pale if I don’t.
Anyway, it shows as a warm peachy pink on me. It lasts as long as the Tarte amazonian clay blushes. I would definitely repurchase this.

on 9/24/2018 3:34:00 PM

An OG make up staple!!! I love that it goes on so beautiful. I have friends that love this product too, and they all have different skin tones. I truly believe this is perfect for any skin tone. I even use this over my eyes when ever I am in a hurry. It looks great anyway you use it, and it last a long time. Def worth having in your make-up bag.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Meh, I wasn't impressed with this cult favorite. It gets hard pan quite quickly, fades in less than an hour, and is not universally flattering. The only positives were it went it on smoothly and the packaging is nice and slim. I have a neutral undertone and this applied really red/orange, almost as if I had rosacea. This looks so pretty on my friend though who has a warm undertone, so I would have this applied in store before you buy.

on 8/21/2018 2:05:00 PM

I get the hype now that I finally got to try this!

I went to Ulta and picked up the tiny, travel version for my bday. I never wanted to spend the $ on this blush even though it is an OG holy grail. I agree that it isn’t as pigmented on the first go as other blushes; however, this stuff lasts on my skin all day and I don’t mind building it up because it is kind of a fail safe for going over board on blush. I think I may even like it more than my Tarte blushes because this formula just lasts on my skin longer!

I’m not sure if I would repurchase this once it is used up just because of the price. These small travel sizes in blush can last me a year and normally I use them up before I try out a new product (unless it’s a drugstore brand that didn’t cost me the same amount as a tank of gas 🙄). However, since I’m enjoying this so much and I know a larger pan would most likely last me years .... maybe I’d do a blush palette? I’d have to see what products are out when I’m in the market for a new blush!

I don’t know why people are so crazy with this product. Honestly, I bought it because of the hype. After trying it... It is not really pigmented. I need to reapply it for so many times until the color appeared. However, the peachy pink color is not apparent on my skin. Instead, the golden shimmer dominated my face and thus my face looked like I was applying too much bronzer (whereas it’s the blush!)
I think it doesn’t live to it claims that it suit every skintones. My skin is fair medium.

on 7/31/2018 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love the orgasm lipstick. it a really pretty peachy pink that looks pretty on my lips against my pale skin surprisingly so i thought I would love the blush. I didn't though. the peachy pink color isn't so pretty on my cheeks. it went on smoothly and was easy to blend and applied well like a high-end blush should. Its the only Nars blush I've tried but I would wear a Nars blush in a different shade. the other problem I had with the orgasm shade is that it not only didn't compliment my tone well, it also has this youthful tone to it that when applied to my almost 40 year old cheeks, looked out of place and as if I was trying to recapture my youth. I actually gave it to this teenager that works for me and it looked freaking adorable on her, so i bought it for my teenage daughter too and she loved it and it looked beautiful on her so I just feel it's suited for younger women more so.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Admittedly I don't use a blush on a daily basis, only on certain occasions and when I do this is always the one. I use a small to medium size stipple brush which works well for me as the bristles are not too densely packed, plus they differ in length, which means they're able to blend the product gently without building up color too quickly. I find that if the bristles are too tightly packed, I run the risk of applying too much product and it won’t diffuse quite as easily. Also the brush will keep imparting more and more blush color which can quickly become too much .
Simply tap the stipple brush onto the blush pan, then flick the stem of the brush so that you shake off any excess product (this is a good rule for anything you apply with a brush) lightly tap on your cheek, and then blend it in using soft, swirling motions.

Been using this since its launch all the way back in 1999. Enough said!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/4/2018 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I honestly think this blush is overrated. I purchased it because of all the hype it gets. It's a good blush, but it's nothing special. It swatches beautifully, but it doesn't translate that well to the cheeks, and I've tried with different brushes. Also, I have to dig in my brush more than usual to get the payoff I want, in comparison with my other blushes from Too Faced or The Balm, and I prefer the formula of the last. It's pretty, but I don't think it worth the price tag, you can find many dupes for way less and with more product.
The packaging is good quality but it could be prettier.

After holding out on trying Orgasm for the longest time, I finally gave in and am now an Orgasm convert! I have fair skin, (MAC NC15) and find this shade very flattering on my skin, not to bright or too sparkly - just a lovely, healthy, peachy-pink flush with a golden sheen which looks gorgeous when it catches the light. This blush is very pigmented, and therefore I only use a very light hand when applying it. A light dusting on each cheek is all I need for everyday wear. As such, the blush will last you a very long time - a huge bonus as it is quite pricey. It applies easily, and is not at all patchy. It doesn’t fade throughout the day either, which is fantastic. It doesn’t appear to emphasis skin texture, which is good for me as I have some scarring. I love this blush and am so happy to have it in my collection! I would happily recommend it.

on 6/12/2018 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I avoided buying this for many years as there are plenty of good, lower-priced blushes out there. I was so excited to finally buy it. The color is gorgeous, but it fades on me after a couple hours and it actually broke me out where it was applied! I never have those issues, so I may just use this on occasion, but it truly wasn’t worth the hype.

Popular Blush Products