NARS Orgasm Blush

NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

on 7/23/2017 3:00:00 PM

I do understand why this blush is so popular. It's the perfect, subtle color that just about anyone can work with. I've been using it off and on for about a month now and I do enjoy it.

on 7/18/2017 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the woman who said that this is not a blush for those over 50, I could not disagree more. I am a pale blonde with grays, without blush I look like a "White Walker" from GOT. This is the best blush I have ever used, it instantly warms my face and gives me a lovely glow. It is one of my "must have" items.

on 7/18/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE for anyone over the age of 50. (This is my opinion.) All I see are fairy-dust gold sparkles all over my cheeks when I used this... UGH! Gold sparkles that sit inside your pores and accentuate your fine lines and wrinkles, ladies! The high rating for this product must be from young people, because this blush is *not* for me! Not to mention that anyone allergic to lanolin in any form needs to AVOID this like the plague! One of the ingredients is "isopropyl lanolate" and that is not good for people sensitive to lanolin. I would score this a big, fat, ZERO if I could...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first Nars Blush, and I wish I had went with a matte or satin formulation over this. The shade itself is so beautiful, the coral really brightens up my light olive (C2) skin tone. However, the glitter and shimmer ruin it for me. If I use this after I have powdered my face, the glitter particles look scattered and messy. The only way this can be used well in my opinion, is on an un-powdered face, so the glitter stays concentrated. I hate the feeling of a "tacky" face, so I do not do this. The color does stay on longer than most blushes I have used. The lid of this broke off for me sadly when dropped, and I am not a fan of the rubbery packaging in general.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Disclaimer—this is two reviews, one for the cream formula (stick) and one for the powder. The cream is pricier, but the packaging straightforward. The powder (I got it in a travel-size as part of a blush-and-contour “impulse buy” at the Sephora checkout line) was less expensive, but the compact is tough to open without endangering one’s fingernails—which seems to be a problem with many brands’ compacts (from blushes to shadows) that snap closed securely without hinges or closures snapping off. Were I to buy the compact again but in a full size (and I likely will), if it’s easier to open I will rate its packaging more highly.

Both do get overall ratings of 5, despite high price & packaging glitches for the powder, because the shade is perfectly universal (looks loud & glittery until you put it on, then harmonizes with fair-to-medium skin shades and warm or cool skin tones). Both forms of the blush are “buildable.” For day, especially if I am not wearing any sort of foundation (including tinted moisturizer), I prefer one swipe of the cream, which blends perfectly, and then a second if my aging skin “drinks” it in too rapidly. For evening, especially over foundation, I first apply the cream, blend it, and then set it with a very light dusting of the powder version. (The bronzer shade in the compact is great for subtle contouring for those, like me, not willing to do complex shading & highlighting except for preparing for a photo or video shoot).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In spite of being a hardcore makeup fan for about half of my life, I had never tried the original Orgasm from Nars. I've tried (and liked) many dupes, but I never really thought Nars was worth the splurge given the availability of affordable dupes on the market. I do like Nars' powder blush formula, and Deep Throat is my #2 HG blush of life, but I still stayed stubbornly away from Orgasm for no other reason than disinterest. I finally swallowed my pride and tried Orgasm, and I was surprised by how much I really liked it, even compared to other dupes I have used and with my deep love for DT. It is shimmery, but I love shimmer so I don't see that as a negative. The color is pretty, much more peachy than my beloved DT, but on my fair and neutral skin it is still super-flattering. As with every other Nars blush, the packaging is fine except for that irritating rubberized packaging, but I can live with the outside constantly looking like it's been buried in the Sahara for a century since the product inside is nice. Unfortunately, with Nars now selling in China, this will be my final Nars purchase, but I am glad that I got to try their most famous product before they announced that business decision.

on 6/24/2017 12:25:00 PM

I've been using this (same blush) for at least 10 years. There's just nothing like it. The gold glitter in this is so beautiful & makes u look glowing and not glittery. I've tried all the DS dupes and a couple HE ones too. I need to replace mine bc it's starting to smell old but it still swatches and applies the same. NARS is by far the best makeup I've used I just hate the gummy black cases, I wish they would change it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't written a review in ages... I used to be so into makeup but recently I've found myself satisfied with what I had, not really interested in trying new things. Plus these days I find myself wanting to wear less makeup and keep things simple - I want to achieve the 'natural but put togeher look'.

Well, here I was applying the same products - my current blush was Mocha by Mac which I would not recommend by the way. I somehow came across a small sample of orgasm. It was the tiny packaging and I of course knew about the hype but did not expect much, though gave it a try. And I was seriously impressed! I have had high end blushes in the past (coralista, a few from mac, stilla...) and was not impressed one bit. The effect they gave could have easily been replicated by something from rimmel or maybelline.

Orgasm was different... What this did was give me a lit-from-within glow, complemented my skin tone and brightened it (which is very hard to do as I have a yellow undertone which can easily look sallow and dull), and complemented my green eyes and brown hair. The blush did not look obvious on me at all. Sure there is glitter, but very finely milled and the blush blends beautifully.

This tiny blush was the only thing I used for 7 months straight. I did not feel the need to try anything else, and got so many compliments on my skin too!

Sadly, the sad day came when my little sample broke... I could have easily got 3 more months. I went back to my mac blushes (they were frickin expensive and just sitting there!) and instantly knew that I had to go purchase orgasm asap.

What I would say though that it takes a certain skin tone to pull this off! On me this looks like how I'd naturally blush but with a glow. I have warm yellow undertones - cool colours look horrible on me. But for example my friend who has this, she's very pale and does not pull off the colour that well in my opinion. It just looks a bit harsh and obvious. I would definitly test it out before getting!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As much as I hate to say this, this is my favorite blush. I have it in both the multiple and the powder, and while I love both, I think I like the powder more. It livens and brightens my extremely fair skin, and blends so beautifully on the skin. Not only does it look great on the cheeks, but makes a great eyeshadow/crease color.
I've tried it on my friends with darker skin tones, and it looks (even more) beautiful on their skin. I do think really dark skin tones could use this as a pink highlighter due to the shimmer.
This hasn't ever broken me out, and doesn't seem to exeragate skin texture.
The only negative is the price. I think the shade is pretty dupable, with ELF and Wet n' Wild having shades close in color and pigmentation for under $5.
I put that I would repurchase, but I don't think I would based on its dupability. However, if you have the money, I think the quality can't be beat.
Overall, A-.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the tiny sample size of this product and while it's nice, I wouldn't pay full price for it as there are so many dupes. I just recently picked up the milani baked blush in the shade bella bellini and swatched side by side it's even more pigmented than orgasm. Beautiful pink shade with a golden sheen. I definitely recommend trying out the milani one for 8$,