NARS Orgasm Blush

NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

i bought orgasm as part of a duo with the laguna bronzer. both are so hyped that i figured i'd try both.

i don't know if i just picked a bad one or what, because the colour i got looked NOTHING like any photos i had seen. it had the typical orgasm gold flecks, but the pink was so near neon, it looked like it was more suited for a clown. and the shimmer was so overpowering, not at all suitable for a daytime look (and yes, the back of the palette did indeed say it was orgasm).

bottom line, it looked horrible. i've tried the orgasm illuminator in stores and it's pretty, but the actual blush is terrible. nyx's pinched is far closer to the colour i expected and it's infinitely cheaper.

on 8/18/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was ordering from Sephora online and this blush came up as a sample. I was thrilled because I had always wanted to try it due to it's crazy hype. I had heard of this blush so much and how amazingly flattering it is on all skin tones. As soon as I got it I put it on and in the soft glow of my lamp (this is evening btw and I was just about to go shower for the night) it looked just as amazing as I had hoped. I actually was just about to order the full size but decided to wait on it. The next day I go to do my makeup and begin applying the blush again only this time in natural light. Wow...it looked awful. As someone else mentioned it looked like my foundation wasn't covering or something while the crazy shimmer decided to highlight my not-too-terribly-big pores. I actually went and washed my face right after and started over. So yeah, I learned a valuable lesson...never buy anything you don't see in natural light first no matter how much the Internet tries to convince you it's perfect.

To Read all 5238 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/15/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't believed that I have never reviewed this iconic product until now.
I have a deluxe sample and honestly, that's quite enough for my PPP 40-something skin. It is a bit peachy on me and yes, there is some glitter/shimmer to it.

I think I shall try Deep Throat next.
I like Orgasm but it is NOT a HG for me. (And I fear Super Orgasm will be a glitter bomb!)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The famous Orgasm is such a universally flattering shade and the flecks of gold give a great glow. However, I find myself preferring Deep Throat over this shade as it looks more flattering on my fair-meduim skin. I still love Orgasm on summer days for a great looking peachy flush.

on 8/9/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This would have been a nicer product without the glitter or shimmer.

It isn't nearly as sparkly as Super Orgasm, but we really don't need any in our face makeup. At all. No matter what age we are.

The color is lovely, the formulation wears nicely, and blends well.

I get tired of every set or compact from Nars has this color in it. Yes, it is lovely, but can we try some of the other colors in the sets/compacts just once?

I have the multiple in this color also, and I prefer it in winter.

I won't repurchase since I already have more Orgasm than I will use in my lifetime. ;)

on 8/9/2016 2:48:00 PM

It's a nice colour but its very overrated, sleek and NYX do dupes for like 6 euro but I wanted to see what the orgasm fuss was all about. This wasn't worth the money, its very hyped up. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/9/2016 2:42:00 AM

Extremely disappointed with this product. I fell into the hype of this blush when I was first getting into makeup and it served it's purpose back in college, but now I realize that it simply does not show up on my skin! When applied with a light hand, there is absolutely no pigmentation on my NC20 skin, and when applied heavily, all that shows up are glitter particles which I definitely do not enjoy during everyday office hours.

Packaging is another gripe with this product as everyone knows how much dust and lint NARS packaging collects. Even if I am extremely hygienic with my makeup, it just gets so dirty. Not worth the money at all.

To make this wearable, I usually use it as a blush topper on top of a matte blush. There are alot of cheaper and better alternatives out there, such as Wet N Wild and Milani. Save your cash, and get a Benefit blush instead.

on 8/7/2016 4:56:00 PM

The color of Orgasm is just as beautiful as you've heard. The texture of the product is smooth and applies evenly. It lasts all day in the dog days of summer. But you can find amazingly similar product by Wet 'n Wild called Pearlescent Pink that will cost you less than $3.00. It's just as smooth and long lasting and has the same after-glow affect as Orgasm. I bought a deluxe sample size of the Orgasm/Laguna and paid over $20.00. Stick to Wet 'n Wild.

on 8/7/2016 12:21:00 PM

I love this blush, because it is the perfect subtle shade that is neutral but visible. It's not too neutral or brown - definitely not like a bronzer. It's not too pink or too peach. I find it really hard to find blush and lip colors that are right for my neutral, slightly yellow based complexion. Nudes just die on me. Anything pink (blue based) looks awful. Lots of peachy colors look too orangey, or are too dark.
I have light brown hair and blues eyes and a fair, but not porcelain complexion. Orgasm is perfect. But I dont love the shimmer. Or the price.
I looked for a solution and a dupe. I tried Milani Luminoso but it's too peachy.
Based on advice from an Emily Noel video , I tried Frat Boy by the Balm. I bought it at Kohls. It truly is a matte dupe for Orgasm. It was about 20$.

I dont wear much makeup, but the other products I swear by are Everyday Minerals powder foundation in N 3. That company is great - they will help you find your color and send free samples to try before you buy. They have warm, neutral and cool shades so it's easy to find a match. And they have lots of really fair toned shades.

Also - from an Emily Noel video, I found the perfect type of concealer - Maybelline Instant Age rewind. It's very gentle and lovely to use under eye or even on eyelids as a base for eyeshadow.

on 7/14/2016 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great blush. A bit too sparkly for me but it is an everyday color that will suit about anyone. It's also a great deal considering how long it

Popular Blush Products