NARS Orgasm Blush

NARS Orgasm Blush

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Acetate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Isopropyl Lanolate, Propylparaben, Triclosan, Methylparaben, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Bha; May Contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 15880 (Red 34 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

The NARS ORGASM BLUSH is a pretty hyped up product. It gives my NC25-30 skin tone a nice warm glow during winter whilst leaving a faint hint of colour. This is not an overpowering corally-pink shade but can be built up. I focus the product on the inner cheek area giving me a 'innocent' kind of look but putting it on the outer perimeters, of my face, also works.
I find that the sparkly particles are too large in size and that the chunks are very noticeable. It clashes when I wear highlighter as well. But I do like this product for everyday use (for a bit of colour on the face during the winter months).
I received this as a gift because I couldn't face paying that much for a blush but I think it does work well in my collection.

I like the sleek look of the packaging but it doesn't get messy and collects makeup.
Overall, a decent product.. satisfying many.

on 11/12/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

If applied with a light hand, this looks great on my NC 20 (maybe a bit lighter) skin - I have green eyes/blonde (sometimes strawberry blonde) hair.

It does emphasize pores, so I top off the cheek area closest to my nose with a very matte, very light pink shade, but just a dusting to disguise my pores.

I am cool-toned but this doesn't look too warm on me, which is always a concern. I can't use brown eye shadows or I look like a corpse - it hasn't been an issue with this shade.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

first of all
i like this kind of sleek packaging

this looks great on my cheeks
i know, there's a lot of blush that similar with this shade

but still, i like nars better
the price is expensive :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- sleek packaging;
- no useless brush included;
- it lasts from 9 to 5 without reapplying.

Cons:
- I don't love this color on my warm-toned light-medium complexion;
- there are lanolin alcohol, cetyl acetate (both highly comedogenic) and parabens among ingredients. I have breakouts when using it;
- I don't like shimmer, I find it looks cheap on me;
- packaging gets dirty and attracts all the dust.

Can't recommend, won't buy again.

İ love.. Best ever.. Pink plus orange tones mix added golden sparkle.. İt effectively looks like you have naturally sun burn. Love this

on 10/1/2017 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On my nc32 skin this never shows up. All I get is faint glitter. Because it's a cult product I wanted to really like it and it keeps showing up in advent calendars and beauty boxes so it must be something people want. But it's a massive no from me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is a lot of hype around this. It is a pretty, peach-y pink shade with gold shimmer. I think it looked nice on me (NC30). I got a mini of this as a sephora bonus. Even this mini will last me for a good while because this has nice color payoff. This cult favorite is worth trying once. And if you decide you like it, i doubt it will be discontinued or reformulated. I have a mini in Goulue as well and wish NARS would add these minis to the regular lineup or do a set of these minis as a special or holiday. Please!

This is a very pretty blush. However, it is not 'universally flattering' as so many people claim. It definitely looks ashy on deeper skintones (if you're darker and want a nars blush that works like orgasm, I think torrid would be a good one to try), but for a lot of fairer people like myself, it looks great. I don't have an issue with gold shimmer. I do prefer my hot mama blush from thebalm more, which is similar to this, but peachier instead of pink. But if you really like a pinky, slighty peach shimmer blush for a nice sheen, and don't mind spending a decent amount of money, this one is a good pick.

on 8/6/2017 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I guess I'm one of those unfortunate souls who did not like this product at all. I waited years to buy this and tried out several shoes before I finally just went into Sephora and bought it once and for all. I found the colour payoff to be patchy and non existent. The gold shimmers in here were a million times more prominent than the pink colour ever was.

I remember trying this blush years ago when it first came out. I did not care for it then as I felt like it was too shiny. Fast forward 5+ years and I decided to give it another chance based on a youtube video by a MUA I really like and he recommended it for mature skin, so I figured I would give it another try.

Here is the deal. As I have aged, I have lost what was once considered "luminosity." Where the hell did it go??? OH. It's just what happened as I aged? Super...not. Initially after I applied the blush, I looked at my makeup mirror and said - ugh! The sheen!! UGH!! So obvious. But when I saw myself in a mirror in natural light, it was a soft and pretty peachy flush to the skin. The gold made my face look more lively and gave it more dimension. I was given several compliments (one from my husband who NEVER notices things). IDK I think we have been taught for so long that as we age we should NOT use any shimmery products, and so we steer away from them. I think glitter is a huge NO NO, but this is a pretty shimmer and it gives my complexion more life.

I say give it a whirl if you've never tried it. If you are a woman of a "certain" age and have tried it in the past and you said "hell no," then I encourage you to give it another try. Sephora has an incredible return policy, so if you hate it you can always return and exchange it for something else.