NARS Orgasm Blush

NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

on 11/28/2016 3:25:00 AM

I like this well enough, but don't understand all the hype. It is good if you want something noticeable - but has too much glitter and sheen to be considered natural. I like Deep Throat better.

I bought a giant size of this product at Sephora. I don't know why I did considering I hate glittery products. This is a very glittery blush. It is pretty, but just not my personal favorite. I would prefer a more satin-matte finish blush.

To Read all 5253 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/11/2016 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have actually bought this twice. I disliked it every time. First time I got it, it simply did not show up. I am wearing bobbi brown porcelain. So I am very fair. Only thing that was showing up was this strange golden shimmer that looked totally unnatural on my skintone. There was no pink flush nothing else in this blush. I thought that maybe I got a fake one. Then few years after I still heard everyone to talk about this and decided to try it again. And the exact same thing happens. I dont know if this strange ugly frosty golden sheen is supposed to be this amazing look of real orgasm but to me there is nothing natural glow about this. Just ugly and ugly.

This is a quality blush but it is just not right for me. I am very fair and was looking for a holy grail blush after Tarte stopped making one of my cream gels. The Bars consultant recommended Sexual Healing which is a pretty ligjt peachy pink with no shimmer. I buy ur whenever under it because it sells out that fast.
Maybe if I tanned or mixed Orgasm wirhbSexual healing for an evening look, it would work better fort me. As a very fair skinned redhead wirh neatest undertones, though, I recommend Sexual Healing. Benefit's Dandwlion powser or liquid mixed with Cha cha, or Vapor's Spark.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigmented not so pigmented that it's hard to get a natural flush
- good balance of warm and cool undertones to suit most skin tones

CONS:
- the matte rubberised packaging gets me every time. makes everything look so dirty.

on 10/22/2016 1:32:00 AM

It's true what they say! This blush is magical! At first, it felt like a bunch of hype, a blush that works for everyone? But after trying it on for the first time, indeed it looks great o me too! I'm now on my 2nd stick.

on 10/19/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Orgasm was one of the first blushes I ever owned. Being very fair, it gives the perfect glow/flush to my cheeks... I love the bit of shimmer in it and find that over a decade later - its still the blush I reach for day after day. Theres a reason Orgasm is such a popular product.

on 10/4/2016 9:01:00 AM

The cult product lives up to the hype. I've been looking for a peachy pink blush for a while now and this is the first blush that meets my requirements. Due to mixed reviews, I was afraid that Orgasm might be too orange or glittery, but on my fair (NC15 and Sisley 0) skin, it looks like a warm salmon pink. Even though I'm pale, it looks very natural. The glitter is very subtle and on skin, it looks more like a sheen and doesn't highlight pores.

The texture of the blush is finely milled but not powdery. I have own a Nars blush before, Mata Hari, and the texture was a big disappointment. It was very powdery and left lots of excess product. I don't know if NARS has improved the blush formula in 3 years or is Orgasm different texture-wise, but it doesn't give any excess product.

I bought the limited edition blush, which has great value (3.04 oz, 39 $). The packaging is also very lovely, a vintage picture on the box and on the film in the compact. I highly recommed this blush!

I'm a blusher junkie, owning a total of 12 blushers (powder, cream, liquid/ tint) I can say that nars orgasm is totally overrated. It is definitely not for very light/ pale skin with neutral/ cool undertones (I'm a N10-N12 or Giorgio Armani Foundation shade #2). It'd be too bright & peachy for pale skin, unless you like very obvious blush on your face instead of something more of a natural flush. It is TOO GLITTERY for my liking! I literally can see the obvious gold flakes on my cheeks no matter which angle I look into the mirror! I do like my blusher to have very subtle sheen for a glowy effect like some of the Chanel JC blushers but Nars Orgasm is not as finely milled as Chanel JC. It has good lasting power though. 7-8 hours.

Having that said, I believe it could be a decent blusher for NC20-30 medium to slightly tanned complexion with yellow undertone. The gold glitters will probably be less obvious on them.

For me, I'll definitely not buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

While this is a nice blush I feel like it is totally overrated.