NARS Persepolis Duo

NARS Persepolis Duo
NARS PersepolisNARS Persepolis (close-up)NARS Persepolis e/s duo

4.3

Maybe my least favorite duo from NARS.. I love the colors bur the powder is very chalky - especially the dark blue side - and very hard to blend. I have my favorite duos from NARS but sadly not this one. Shame.

on 3/5/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Seriously, NARS eyeshadows are way underrated, especially for bright colours. I haven't met a colourful NARS duo I didn't absolutely love, and Persepolis is right up there. One single swipe of a soft brush over either of these colours, followed by one single swipe on my lids gives me amazing saturated bright colour that's true to the colours in the pan. They are a dream to blend, and these two shades were expertly matched. As if that wasn't enough, I get ZERO creasing after a 9-hour day (over TFSI), which I can only say about maybe half of my HE eyeshadows. After I received this duo I realized that I already had dupes - MAC Deep Truth and Steamy. As much as I love MAC, and I've always loved those shades, this duo blows them out of the water. Totally worth the price!

I got this a while back, when I read in a magazine that it was among Mally Roncal's makeup kit staples. As other previous reviwers have described, it is a warm bright green and a dark, royal blue. The colors are unique and very beautiful in the pan.

However, I don't think they look so great on me. I am of Asian descent, with brown eyes and dark hair and light-golden skin (MAC NC25, Stila 30 Watts), and I've only been able to use the blue to line with, and occasionally, a little of the green along the lashline with a neutral shadow over the rest of the lid.

I think it would look gorgeous on someone with deepset blue or blue-green eyes. I would not repurchase this, but it is one of the few brightly colored NARS duos that I will hold onto. continued >>

I LOVE this. This might be my favorite eyeshadow.

I adore the sea green color.

Nars has become my favorite makeup brand, because I love the staying power of it.

It will only crease after hours in the heat, and I'm considering purchasing Urban Decay's eyelid primer, so I think if I paired the two I'd be good to go for hours.

I wore this to the orange county fair and it had only slightly faded by the end of the day, and I was really the only one who noticed because I'm a perfectionist.

I have pink hair, and people say I look like "candy" when I wear the sea green color.

I LOVE Nars, I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

And as far as the packaging goes? I love love love love love it.

The little rubbery plastic cases with individual mirrors are so convenient and not to mention that they're fairly crack resistant.

A+ WILL buy again when it wears out.

on 8/15/2006 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this duo! The colors are beautiful and so rich and pigmented -- you don't need much.

on 3/16/2009 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this eyeshadow duo. It's one of my very favorites! I just now realized that there is a pretty good dupe of it in the L'OREAL Hip line. I had that before the NARS one! So obviously the NARS is the better of the two. Anyway, the colors are so pigmented and gorgeous. I think that NARS shadows are my favorite for these reasons. Also, and this is very important, I don't get near as much fall-out as I do with brands like Stila or Lorac. Would purchase again and again if I could!
UPDATE: I really don't reach for this as much as I thought I would. Although I like the formula and the colors, it isn't practical for every day use. And I've found I've used the green shade far more than the royal blue shade.

on 1/2/2006 1:10:00 PM

This was my first Nars duo, and I love it! I would never have thought of pairing the darker blue with the lighter, seafoam green, but the two look lovely together. Unlike another reviewer said, I have no problem with these two standing alone. For a base, I use MAC Shimmermint Shadestick. I then use the blue on the inner-v and blend out to the green. I finish by lining with Bobbi Brown Ivy ink. I like the duos because of the simplicity of having both shadows together.
PPP, Brown hair/eyes

on 3/2/2006 4:02:00 AM

I decided to take a chance with this NARS eyeshadow duo as most NARS eyeshadow collection consists of neutrals and warmer colors. I bought this bright blue-themed duo after I proclaimed I was going to be more daring! They looked fabulous on my wrists so I thought, well, why not?! I dont know what it was, but this duo was a bit difficult for me to blend. In general, I think NARS could definitely improve on their eyeshadows texture. Persepolis does have decent pigmentation, but for some reason, the smoothness of the eyeshadow didnt transfer well upon my lids despite the fact that I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. I dont get it because its sooo buttery on my wrists, but oh well! I actually would not repurchase this eyeshadow if given the second chance. I mean, its cool to have around, but will I ever use it? Probably not!
6/1/06 EDIT: Well I finally got this eyeshadow to cooperate and go on evenly (thicker layer of UDPP and a base eyeshadow) - YAY! However as it turns out the staying power on this NARS duo eyeshadow isnt all THAT hot. I dont get it NARS blushes last forever and ever, but the eyeshadows cant even hold a candle to MAC. I think I may give up on NARS eyeshadows finally . . . Tsk tsk, might swap this away.
continued >>

on 7/21/2006 3:12:00 PM

This is my first Nars duo and it contains a shimmering sea green on one side and a regal blue on the other. They look really nice from the compact, however the sea green shade appears lighter on the eyes than what it seems. I was a bit disappointed at first, but I had since learnt to pair this with my other greens. However, I do think that ladies who are afraid of wearing 'louder' shades like greens and blues can do with this duo. Anyway, I find the regal blue shade makes a nice liner on the waterline.

Took 2 lippies off because I find that Nars' shadows are a little pricey and I don't like its rubbery compacts, which gets sticky or dirtied easily in humid countries like Singapore :(
continued >>

on 1/5/2006 10:58:00 PM

Hmmm...got it as a gift, was excited at first b/c i thought it'd be a nice peacockish blue & shimmery richer green....it's more like a navy blue & a light seafoam.
Goes on alright. I layered them & wasn't super impressed, but it didn't look hideous (i'm olive tones)...i like it, i'd probably buy it again- but doubt i'll use it enough to hit pan