Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

Updated version 2017 under the name Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) *****************NEW INGREDIENTS FROM 2014: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trisoloxane, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5. ____________________________OLD INGREDIENTS BEFORE 2014: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Extensin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Olgiopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Peg-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolumer, Magnesuim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 2/17/2018 12:46:00 PM

Good moisturizer. In a jar.

on 1/4/2018 1:39:00 AM

Skin saver, especially during the winter months! Has a gel like consistency that feels so cooling. I mainly use this at night time because I find it to a bit too moisturizing for day use. Comes in a easy to use jar that is great for traveling with. Will continue to rebuy and use in my skin care routine.

on 12/28/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this product for only five days(before sleeping) so I definitely have to edit this review in future.I had to write about it right now because I'm so excited
I had a normal to dry skin which gradually turned to severely dry.I couldn't wear foundations thanks to my flaking skin and dry patches!! so I started to use some heavy and rich moisturizers such as atoderm bioderma,caudalie oil,and collistar Nero sublime serum and cream,an oily gel cream which looked like a miracle at that time but after three weeks,it changed my skin type.now that my skin isn't usually as dry as before,I can't continue using Nero sublime as my daily moisturizer because it makes me very oily.
I'm a member of a group in which the admin buys skincare sets and after receiving it,each of us, buy a product of the set that we need.so we can try various skincare products without paying much money.
I bought clinique moisture surge which came in a tiny 15mil jar and was one of the products of a clinique set.I paid just 9$ but considering how small it is I can't call it a very cheap one.mine has a plastic light pink cap not the usual silver one.I love this color and however I usually don't like skincare products that come in jar,I'm totally ok with it's packaging.I use a tiny spatula to apply it not my fingers and I like that I can see how much is left in the jar.just by seeing it's pretty pink color I thought it's going to smell rosey like lancome tonique confort but when I tested clinique moisture surge I find out that it's scent-less,actually there's a hint of some medicinal smell but it's so light and difficult to recognize that won't bother.
I love,love,love it's texture.it's a light pink gel cream,like a light weight,oil free whipped cream
I first wash my face with cuteskin Brush (an electronical face cleansing brush)and esteelauder advanced night micro cleansing foam,then I apply my beloved lancome genifique serum,wait for ten minutes,finally it's time for clinique moisture surge.I love to spread it all over my face,it's as if I'm applying water to my face and my thirsty skin quickly absorbs it
When I wakeup in the morning there's not slightest trace of cream on my face but my skin is soft and smooth like baby skin without any dry patches or excess oil.just like a naturally normal and velvety skin.with the mentioned skincare diet,I don't have clogged pores anymore and I already feel most of my blackheads,acne scars and spots are faded away
I suspect it would be enough moisturizing if my skin was still dry,but for my these day's combination skin It seems to be perfect.
I haven't tried it yet as a makeup base.my skin usually doesn't respond well to silicone primers but I'm going to give it a try.I wish this smoothness I feel on my skin,is result of deep hydration and not just because of silicons
If this great results continue I will definitely repurchase it.at the very first day I thought I'm going to finish 15mils in a week but after five times using it,it's as if it's still full and unused.so a little goes a long way.

on 12/24/2017 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this product out of sheer necessity. I suffered a second degree to my face (it was almost a 3rd degree) this year in May 2017. Thank God (and I mean that, THANK GOD) I healed with no scarring due to listening to the docs orders, using the topical creams as prescribed, staying out of the sun and taking massive dosages of vitamin C to speed up the healing process (vitamin C is amazing to healing skin burns, look it up!). However, even though I healed with no issues, I was left with massive dryness on the part of my face that was burnt. I tried face creams, oils and the such and still my skin would flake, peel and look horrible at times underneath my makeup when the peeling went into overdrive. This winter has been pretty cold and my face also took a beating. I heard about this cream for Makeupbytiffanyd and decided to give it a shot. I applied a little bit every day and night after cleansing my face. I starting seeing a difference in less than 3 days. The parts of my face that were always flaking and dry literally went away. While this cream is heavy, however its not greasy and if you apply a little bit, it does go a long away. It sinks right into my face without much effort and really does leave my skin looking hydrated, glowing and the dryness and peeling is gone. I swear by this cream! It has no smell and no ingredients that leave me questions it integrity. While I hate the fact that its house in a glass jar, however the moisturizing effects are not comprised due to this.

on 12/20/2017 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'll start off with the good points of this product: it is a very cosmetically elegant moisturising occlusive that feels great on the skin. The texture is like a gel cream which feels hydrating but not too heavy or emollient, which is nice for my oily combo skin. It locks my previous hydrating layers in, and doesn't let my skin overproduce oil from dehydration. I was also pleasantly surprised that it doesn't give me comedones, as I'm generally pretty clog-prone.

However, it doesn't perform any miracles. Yes, my skin looks great after applying this, but a large part of that is the silicones temporarily smoothing out texture as a makeup primer does. There are no breakthrough life-changing ingredients in it. To be fair, I does all that I ask from a moisturiser - but there are similar performing products out there at a much lower price per volume.

Another factor to consider - the jar packaging. There aren't any ingredients in this that must be shielded from light or air that I'm aware of, but it's still unhygienic (bacteria breeding ground, yikes!) and I worry about the formula breaking down faster given the exposure.

on 11/30/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've wanted to love this cream for a long time, but we have finally broken up. I've purchased it on and off for the past few years, ever time winter starts to take a particularly brutal toll on my skin. But I have never found it to actually be moisturizing, in fact, it usually just makes my skin look incredibly shiny and oily, without actually sinking in. I've tried using more or less product, waiting to apply it to completely dry skin, spreading it in the thinnest possible layer, etc. Still, it just sort of sits there, and when I use it at night, I tend to wake up with kind of dry, kind of dull skin. Not really what I'm looking for. In warmer or more humid weather, it works in a pinch. I think it could be a decent cream for someone with easier skin than mine, or maybe who is naturally more prone to oily skin (or doesn't get flaky-dry in the winter). I didn't throw my most recent jar out, but I don't really plan on using it very often. I'm also never a big fan of face creams in jars, just as a side note. Yes, they look prettier, but they're less hygienic.

This is a beautiful moisturiser for summer months. It sinks in beautifully to the skin and acts as a perfect base for pore-less powder foundation application. Moisturising properties are definitely there and the formulation is a mixture of good ingredients - no dimethicones which has always been a bane for my sensitive-combination skin. There’s a bit of a clinical smell to it but it’s nothing unbearable. Good priced especially when you buy it duty free in an airport. Heart!

on 11/28/2017 4:10:00 PM

I got a sample of this moisturizer and I didn't even finish it because it made me break out. I wasn't gonna hold it out because I was getting a new pimple every day. Also..I know it is supposed to give 'extended thirst relief' but it is really light and disappears after you apply it so if you have combination skin like mine, you will feel like you need to re-apply. I ended up using this product just on my hands.

on 11/17/2017 7:35:00 AM

I've been using it for a week now as a daily moisturizer and I have to say:
-It is suitable for combination to oily skin, choose something else if your skin is dry.
-It is perfect for a primer before foundation.
-It does make the skin look better and fresher.
-The jar doesn't bother me because I can see anytime how much I have left.
-It contains silicon so don't buy it you are not a fan of silicons.
-Generally good value for money but don't expect miracles.

on 11/18/2017 12:30:00 AM

I have combination skin, and some rosacea on my cheeks that seems to be getting flakier this winter. I decided to try this product and I'm glad I did - my skin is also pretty sensitive where the rosacea is so I prefer products without fragrance. This seems to be helping a lot so far, and I bought a small size so I am almost out. Planning on going to Ulta in the next week to re-purchase, and I'm thinking of trying the mask in this line as well. I wonder if it's a bit heavy for my nose and chin, which are fairly oily, but it's worth the amount it has been helping my cheeks. I may try something lighter on my oilier areas in the future, I'm not sure yet. All in all, I do recommend this product.