Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

Updated version 2017 under the name Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) *****************NEW INGREDIENTS FROM 2014: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trisoloxane, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5. ____________________________OLD INGREDIENTS BEFORE 2014: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Extensin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Olgiopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Peg-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolumer, Magnesuim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 4/14/2018 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product was definitely a game changer for me! I have oily acne prone skin and this moisturizer really does accompany my skin very well. It feels like it really seeps into my skin and doesn’t feel heavy at all. It doesn’t have a strong scent to it and it really provides moisture throughout the day. It also does well when accompanied by makeup. Great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After turned 40, my oily skin changed to combination. I was struggling to find a moisturizer. My skin always looked dry. I was at Sephora, the lady gave me a free sample. I fell in love and now I am on my second container of this moisturizer.

I like the pink gel texture, this is fragrance free and oil free but very hydrating. My skin literally drinks this up and sometimes I will apply two layers.

I use this day and night and my skin looks more youthful.

I was using Estee lauder moisturizer but was struggling to find a formula with EL. Plus EL is very fragrant and starting to irritated my skin. Clinique is half the price of EL moisturizer and I personally think it performs better.

on 3/25/2018 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So, I have very bad, deep pitted scars, but thank god my acne days are long over.
But this product managed to give me new pimples with pus every night! Not keen on reliving and extended my traumatic experiences with acne since I'm in my mid-30s and having to deal with pitted scars and wrinkles already.
On the upside, my skin is more hydrated.

on 2/27/2018 8:38:00 AM

Is replaced by Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator autumn 2017 in the US and spring 2018 EU.

It is a light and somewhat sticky pink coloured gel like the new version.

The gel is basically made of the humectants: Glycerin and Butylene Glycol emulsified with silicone oils (Dimethicone and Trisiloxane) using a cold process emulsifier that allows quick production but also a melting gel texture that is experienced as light and quick absorbing by consumers.

This gel has some very good actives and cell communicating ingredients, yet it has no WOW-effect.
However, price considered, it might be a good option for a younger skin-type in the warmer humid months.

I do not find any difference comparing this to the replacement product. Only in the form of that this version does contain a masking fragrance just as many other Clinique products do.

Ingredients for Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trisoloxane, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5.

Ingredients for Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 2/27/2018 8:02:00 AM

This is my go-to moisturizer. I L-O-V-E it, I've gone though 3. It gives me the perfect amount of moisture and doesn't give me acne because it's oil free. This gives the perfect base to my make-up!

Would recomend this to everyone.

on 2/17/2018 12:46:00 PM

Good moisturizer. In a jar.

on 1/4/2018 1:39:00 AM

Skin saver, especially during the winter months! Has a gel like consistency that feels so cooling. I mainly use this at night time because I find it to a bit too moisturizing for day use. Comes in a easy to use jar that is great for traveling with. Will continue to rebuy and use in my skin care routine.

on 12/28/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this product for only five days(before sleeping) so I definitely have to edit this review in future.I had to write about it right now because I'm so excited
I had a normal to dry skin which gradually turned to severely dry.I couldn't wear foundations thanks to my flaking skin and dry patches!! so I started to use some heavy and rich moisturizers such as atoderm bioderma,caudalie oil,and collistar Nero sublime serum and cream,an oily gel cream which looked like a miracle at that time but after three weeks,it changed my skin type.now that my skin isn't usually as dry as before,I can't continue using Nero sublime as my daily moisturizer because it makes me very oily.
I'm a member of a group in which the admin buys skincare sets and after receiving it,each of us, buy a product of the set that we need.so we can try various skincare products without paying much money.
I bought clinique moisture surge which came in a tiny 15mil jar and was one of the products of a clinique set.I paid just 9$ but considering how small it is I can't call it a very cheap one.mine has a plastic light pink cap not the usual silver one.I love this color and however I usually don't like skincare products that come in jar,I'm totally ok with it's packaging.I use a tiny spatula to apply it not my fingers and I like that I can see how much is left in the jar.just by seeing it's pretty pink color I thought it's going to smell rosey like lancome tonique confort but when I tested clinique moisture surge I find out that it's scent-less,actually there's a hint of some medicinal smell but it's so light and difficult to recognize that won't bother.
I love,love,love it's texture.it's a light pink gel cream,like a light weight,oil free whipped cream
I first wash my face with cuteskin Brush (an electronical face cleansing brush)and esteelauder advanced night micro cleansing foam,then I apply my beloved lancome genifique serum,wait for ten minutes,finally it's time for clinique moisture surge.I love to spread it all over my face,it's as if I'm applying water to my face and my thirsty skin quickly absorbs it
When I wakeup in the morning there's not slightest trace of cream on my face but my skin is soft and smooth like baby skin without any dry patches or excess oil.just like a naturally normal and velvety skin.with the mentioned skincare diet,I don't have clogged pores anymore and I already feel most of my blackheads,acne scars and spots are faded away
I suspect it would be enough moisturizing if my skin was still dry,but for my these day's combination skin It seems to be perfect.
I haven't tried it yet as a makeup base.my skin usually doesn't respond well to silicone primers but I'm going to give it a try.I wish this smoothness I feel on my skin,is result of deep hydration and not just because of silicons
If this great results continue I will definitely repurchase it.at the very first day I thought I'm going to finish 15mils in a week but after five times using it,it's as if it's still full and unused.so a little goes a long way.

on 12/24/2017 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this product out of sheer necessity. I suffered a second degree to my face (it was almost a 3rd degree) this year in May 2017. Thank God (and I mean that, THANK GOD) I healed with no scarring due to listening to the docs orders, using the topical creams as prescribed, staying out of the sun and taking massive dosages of vitamin C to speed up the healing process (vitamin C is amazing to healing skin burns, look it up!). However, even though I healed with no issues, I was left with massive dryness on the part of my face that was burnt. I tried face creams, oils and the such and still my skin would flake, peel and look horrible at times underneath my makeup when the peeling went into overdrive. This winter has been pretty cold and my face also took a beating. I heard about this cream for Makeupbytiffanyd and decided to give it a shot. I applied a little bit every day and night after cleansing my face. I starting seeing a difference in less than 3 days. The parts of my face that were always flaking and dry literally went away. While this cream is heavy, however its not greasy and if you apply a little bit, it does go a long away. It sinks right into my face without much effort and really does leave my skin looking hydrated, glowing and the dryness and peeling is gone. I swear by this cream! It has no smell and no ingredients that leave me questions it integrity. While I hate the fact that its house in a glass jar, however the moisturizing effects are not comprised due to this.

on 12/20/2017 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'll start off with the good points of this product: it is a very cosmetically elegant moisturising occlusive that feels great on the skin. The texture is like a gel cream which feels hydrating but not too heavy or emollient, which is nice for my oily combo skin. It locks my previous hydrating layers in, and doesn't let my skin overproduce oil from dehydration. I was also pleasantly surprised that it doesn't give me comedones, as I'm generally pretty clog-prone.

However, it doesn't perform any miracles. Yes, my skin looks great after applying this, but a large part of that is the silicones temporarily smoothing out texture as a makeup primer does. There are no breakthrough life-changing ingredients in it. To be fair, I does all that I ask from a moisturiser - but there are similar performing products out there at a much lower price per volume.

Another factor to consider - the jar packaging. There aren't any ingredients in this that must be shielded from light or air that I'm aware of, but it's still unhygienic (bacteria breeding ground, yikes!) and I worry about the formula breaking down faster given the exposure.