CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

Updated version 2017 under the name Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) *****************NEW INGREDIENTS FROM 2014: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trisoloxane, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5. ____________________________OLD INGREDIENTS BEFORE 2014: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Extensin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Olgiopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Peg-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolumer, Magnesuim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after using the regular moisture surge for many years. I have pretty dry skin and winter is coming up so I thought I'd give it a try. Definitely regret it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good lotion, but I just love the regular SOOO much more. I find this lotion sits on top of my skin instead of soaking into it. It almost feels somewhat sticky as well. I don't want to be able to feel lotion on my face, I just want my face to feel moisturized.
The one upside of this vs the other is that I don't have to put more on throughout the day. It keeps my face moisturized all day, whereas with the regular moisture surge I sometimes (albeit rarely) have to put a little more on later in the day.

This product gave me cystic acne on my chin after prolonged use. It was way too oily for my skin despite being a gel moisturiser. For drier skin types, I would think that it is suitable as my mom uses it everyday. Also the jar packaging leads to a breakdown of all the antioxidants.

on 7/25/2018 5:55:00 PM

I had been using this product for over a year. Thought I found my HG moisterizer. Loved the texture and how quickly it sank into my skin. Unfortunately, very suddenly, I developed an allergy to this beloved product. I put it on as usual, after washing my face with my normal cleanser, Cerave. Twenty minutes later, my face was tight, burning and beet red. I quickly rinsed my face and applied cold compresses.
My face calmed down after a few days. I used only water to rinse my face. I decided to try the Cerave again to gauge my skin’s response. I had no trouble with the Cerave. I’m not sure what happened with the Moisture Surge. I know it’s possible to develop sudden allergies to products. Sadly, I have given Moisture Surge up and now use Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisterizer.

on 7/5/2018 3:12:00 PM

For years this has been the only moisturizer I could use on my tender skin. Recently I tried Nutigena Hydro Boost and I’m happy with the results.

It's not terrible, but it just doesnt do a whole lot for me. Ive never had dry skin, and this doesnt even moisturize my normal combo skin. Wtf? I see drier people use it and it confuses the heck out of me. After i put it on my face, it feels like it may be hydrating, but 2 minutes later it evaporates.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I have younger 18 yr old skin so this probably wasn’t the best thing for me to use but I received it as a freebie and figured why not try it out. I have dark circles so I was hopping it would help with that. The consistency is very thick and heavy which I did not love. It did not help my dark circles but granite, it is mostly for under eye wrinkles. I did love it though when I had a head cold and my under eye was very puffy. It was quite soothing then. I would recommend for older skin but still don’t love the consistency.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Luckily I got this as a GWP, along with a small pot of 'All about eyes'. Going on this seemed amazing, I could almost feel my skin breathing a sigh of relief as this watery gel textured moisturizer glided onto it, and would absorb within seconds. It was also the perfect level of hydration for my oily/combination skin type. But within days I started experiencing red bumps on my cheeks and forehead, which is when I finally decided to take a look at the ingredients list and spotted 'Dimethicone' sitting near the top (I really should've checked that first!). If your skin tolerates silicones - by all means give it a try. Unfortunately my skin hates any type of silicone so will have to pass this on to someone else to try.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Great moisturizer for combo skin. Zero fragrance, which is absolutely mandatory for me. Lovely texture, soaks in nicely and doesn’t leave any residual shrine. Prior to applying, I use a few drops of Hyr. Acid/b5 serum. I use this all year round for my daytime moisturizer but switch to FAB’s during the winter for nighttime. My only downside with this is the packaging for sanitary reasons. Would much prefer a pump. Otherwise, an HG!

I wanted to like this, because it seems to have such great reviews, but it just didn't work for me.

I found that it made my skin burn a little when applied, and no matter the amount I used, it didn't absorb well for me, after a few hours it made my face feel very greasy, and after a while, I found my eyes would would start to feel irritated.

I'm almost positive it's due to the dimethicone in this, because I only have that reaction when I use a product containing dimethicone.

on 6/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

I love this product. I use it in the morning under my foundation and it soaks into the skin very well and quickly, so I don't have to wait at all to put the foundation on. Best moisturizer I have ever used