Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Moisture Surge Extended Thirst ReliefMoisture Surge Extended Thirst ReliefMoisture Surge Extended Thirst ReliefNo Title

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].___________________________________________________________________Iingredients as of 2014: water\aqua\eau [] dimethicone [] butylene glycol [] trisiloxane [] glycerin [] betula alba (birch) bark extract [] silybum marianum (lady's thistle) extract [] camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract [] saccharomyces lysate extract [] sucrose [] aloe barbadensis leaf water [] trehalose [] thermus thermophillus ferment [] sorbitol [] oleth-10 [] tromethamine [] caffeine [] hydrogenated lecithin [] sodium hyaluronate [] tocopheryl acetate [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] caprylyl glycol [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] peg-8 [] ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] carbomer [] hexylene glycol [] disodium edta [] phenoxyethanol [] red 4 (ci 14700) [] yellow 5 (ci 19140)

on 12/31/2016 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was excited to try this product on my seasonal very dry skin. I bought this from the Clinique website after reading the raving reviews everywhere else. Sadly I am quite disappointed with the product. The gel cream is too light which isn't the bad part but it dries out quickly. I felt like reapplying after 10 min. By the end of the day, my skin was flaking with white dead skin that my husband could notice. If I apply it at night, I still seem to walk up to dry skin. Not sure if this is being absorbed in my skin because when I get to the shower, I feel like there's a thin film I am washing off. My Olay total effects night cream does a better job on moisturizing.

on 12/7/2016 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is great as an overnight face quench. I work outside shift work and the cold winter nights dehydrate even my oily skin. I can't use this daily as most moisturisers break me out but as a weekly treat in the winter it works well.

on 12/7/2016 5:55:00 AM

I used this as a day cream under sunscreen (La Roche Posay Anthelios XL)

Pro's:
- did not break me out
- no rolling/clumping underneath my sunscreen
- no strong scent
- dries to a non-sticky finish

Con's:
- not moisturising enough for my dry skin in winter
- silicone-y texture (primer-like, as others have pointed out)

Will keep looking for something that will work better.

I was so exciting about this product because I felt like everybody was raving about.
Needless to say I had very high expectations for this.
First of all, the packaging. I must admit the light pink color of the gel and the Shiny Silver Cap do look appealing, but a jar is not my favorite container for a cream.
The first time I used this product I liked the gelly concistency a lot and it sinked into my skin very fast. A Little too fast for my liking. After I applied the cream my skin didnt feel moisturised at all, it was smooth though, put not in a pleasant way, it was like there was a film on my skin. After a few More minuten my skin felt dry and a bit itchy because of that . I couldn't stand the feeling and went ahead and put another cream on top. It also burnt my eyes which I bever have with other products.
I just don't think this is a good moisturising product. I dont even have dry skin, it' s just normal.
I don't understand why everybody likes it so much. The acne cream om currently using is More moisturising!
Don't waste your money on this

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely LOVE this moisturiser! It leaves my skin smooth and matte. I use it after my 3 step & serum and it just leaves my skin looking immaculate and controls oil amazingly all day!

on 11/27/2016 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

After everytime i try something from Clinique i remind myself never do it again.I hate everything from this brand
THIs gel creme is everything else but no thirst relief.And i do not have super dry skin,my skin is normal.It has silicones in it which i do not like for moisturizing.

on 11/26/2016 12:08:00 AM

Burning with minimal hydration for my sensitive skin...save your money!

on 11/24/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Product felt light and was appropriate enough to be my daytime moisturizer. The packaging was a big OOOMPH super unhygienic that everytime I'd apply it I would have to scoop it out with a cottonbud ugh. Performance wise I think its pretty decent. I have combination skin and getting oily after 3 hours is pretty normal for me. The only thing I like about this is it didnt break me out plus its light weight. Will not repurchase again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Uncomfortably giving 4 stars. The second ingredient on the list is Cyclopentasiloxane, which is a silicone and in very high amount. There are other silicones on the list. I have mixed feelings about silicone. On one hand, they really do make the skin silky smooth, this cream was no exception. Its light, didn't make my oilyish tzone get oilier, yet made my skin very soft. On the other hand though, there is not enough research on silicones and their longtime effects. Based on what I read, silicones work like a mask, which is why we immediately get that silky soft feeling. I raise an eyebrow about any skin care product that works like a mask, I get a bit concerned if they actually give benefits or only "cover" the bad side just like a foundation so to speak. I saw couple of researches that suggest silicone might actually be drying for the skin in the longterm, which is one of my concerns. Basically my worry is like, when you have a cut on your finger, you put a healing ointment on it to get it healed, foundation might cover the cut but the cut will be still there and foundation will be no help to get it healed. I feel like silicones might be foundation of the skin care and not a healing ointment. I can't say that it is because there is not enough research but well, I have the worry.

I will continue to use the jar I have, but over my worries, I won't use it every day but maybe 1-2 times a week. It's still a good product if you need instant softness without getting your skin oilier.

on 11/4/2016 2:06:00 AM

I really like this product for my mature, sensitive, combination skin, which I've been using for about three weeks now. It feels so light and yet it has made a huge difference to my skin. Before I used this I was shopping around for night moisterisers, most recently using Oil of Olay and an Aloe Vera Body Shop product. I also use Simple facewipes at the end of the day. My skin was looking pretty clogged - kind of bumpy and lifeless. Now I still use the Simple facewipes as they are so darn convenient for makeup removal. But I also give my face a gentle scrub with a wet washer and use Clinique Moisture Surge extended thirst relief. I noticed a turnaround in the look and feel of my skin almost immediately. It feels lovely in the morning and it's so much smoother and softer in general. So, whether it's just the moisturiser or a combination of this and the washer, I highly recommend this product.