3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I bought this shampoo while staying in a hotel a while back, and I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do. The scent is really nice. It's just really fresh, clean, and subtly floral. Think Johnson's baby shampoo but more mature. If you have issues with dandruff, you will not like this. My fiance tried to use it and immediately had to switch back to dandruff shampoo. I personally don't have any issues with this shampoo drying out my hair, but it might be because I don't heat style or color treat my hair. I also don't wash my hair everyday, so that may be another factor to consider. Overall, I really like this shampoo and I've continued to purchase it because of the price point. It gets the job done, and my fiance loves how it smells in my hair.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

a year ago

My hair is medium length and texture, no chemical processing. I have a little wave in my hair. This shampoo has few ingredients. It has sulfates. I found it drying to my hair and scalp even though I wash only once a week and use conditioner after shampooing..

About reviewer (722 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Wavy, Medium

from

4 years ago

hi! can anyone pls help me on finding this brand v05 here in dubai? i only got 2 sets of shampoo and conditioner tsk tsk

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I love the volume shampoo because of its understated fragrance, and that goes for this too. Just a pure, clean, fresh scent which doesn't smell like crazy all day. It also doubles as a good body wash for just that reason. Don't feel like smelling like a strawberry smoothie? Then this and the volume shampoo are for you. The lather isn't EXTREME but produces soapy bubbles which rinse easily, and the tub isn't slimy from heavy silicones. Same goes for the volumizer. Have you ever stepped into the shower and almost slid across the basin? That's from conditioners (I think). Cons: the cap is loose and the bottles aren't always filled. I wish they'd make liters of all their shampoos in pump bottles. If you prefer creamy formulas, this is good for clarifying. LOVE the simplicity.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

4 years ago

Really love this range of shampoo from Alberto Vo5 because it is really cheap, clean my oily scalp and smell not too bad... been using this for awhile and stock up on it but unfortunately, it causes dandruff for me and I had an irritable itch after using it, which I initially had thought were the allergic to dairy product but it usually happen after I wash my hair, so no more Vo5 for me. Perhaps cheap is not always good. Will never repurchase from this brand anymore.

About reviewer (267 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

7 years ago

I purchased this shampoo solely because it's the ONLY shampoo my late grandmother would use and I was feeling nostalgic. I am so happy I did... I really needed a good clean as my hair was so weighed down from all the oils, conditioners and sprays I use in my hair. Not only do I love the smell of this (very clean, simple) but I've never felt such a clean feeling in my hair before! It was squeaky clean. Did feel a bit dry and tangled but I just used some conditioner and it was fine. Blow dried and styled my hair as usual and my hair has more volume, isn't weighed down, is soft & shiny. My grandma was onto something with this stuff! Everyone should use this at least once a week to clean away all the gunk and remind themselves how beautiful their hair can be without the need for all the pizzazz, just a classic tried and true shampoo.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

8 years ago

I use this shampoo as a base. I add about 8 drops of an oil blend into this in the palm of my hand for a wonderful creamy clean shampoo. Leaves my hair clean and smooth and brings my waves out. I've used higher priced shampoos that are no match for this shampoo and oil blend. Try it, it's a very affordable test run.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Remember what clean hair used to smell like? Not fruity or tropical or overly sweet, but airy, fresh, and a little flowery. V05's normal shampoo is one of the few on the market that captures the clean hair scent of my childhood. It's too harsh for daily use, but for days when I feel like I need a deep clean, it's perfection. Need I even mention it's dirt cheap and often on sale?

About reviewer (157 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

8 years ago

It costs $1. I don't even think McDonald's has a $1 menu anymore. It has sulfates, which removes cones, so you may or may not like depending on your hair regimen. That said, it is a FABULOUS shampoo for the cost. Keep it in perspective. Cleans very well, over the long term, made my hair very shiny and I had to use less to cleanse over time. I have mixed this shampoo with other conditioners, and it always performs the same. Removes buildup, gets hair squeaky clean without over drying or causing breakage. Smells very fresh and basic. I highly recommend and will definitely keep in my rotation for cleansing. I love the performance of VO5 shampoos and conditioners - it is always consistent, doesn't damage fine hair over time, and is basic with no frills. And you can find them at every drugstore/grocery store/walmart/target/etc. in just about every U.S. city. For $1.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairOther, Other, Fine

10 years ago

Best shampoo for shaving! Allows you to get a very close and soft shave.

About reviewer (397 reviews)

AgeUnder 18