CHANEL Contrast Lumiere Or

Filtered by age: 36-43
CHANEL Contrast Lumiere Or

on 10/16/2007 12:44:00 PM

well, i went to the counter to buy the bronze version of inimitable WP in bronze and decided i needed a swipe of something on the lips before i left the counter looking haggard and pale from 12+ hours of work. so while the SA rounded up my mascara, i swiped the goldy-beige lip color from the tester of the palette. OMG--smitten, swooning, glowing from one swipe. then just for giggles i brushed on the deeper-of-the-two shadows. well, hooked would be a good word. the phrase (albeit one i find myself using WAY too much at the chanel counter) "i have to have this Cheryl" flew out of my mouth, unfortunately before i asked the price. $$$ impulse buy, but so far i'm not regretting at all. all the colors in this are just too pretty. and--bonus here--not having a love/hate with the lippies, just love love love. these actually stay on, unlike glosses which love and leave me after 10 minutes, these are more a lip stain. but they're not superdrying like i find 99% of all long-wear lippies. and the shadows just gleam, not glitter. yes it's a lot of money (60 USD), but i'll use it every day so dollar-for-use it's actually a bargain (how's that for justification? tee hee) for reference colorwise, i'm a redhead, light/medium skin tone and green eyes. this works so well for me, i'm sure other complexions would find it works for them too. save for it, beg for it for christmas, splurge on it whatever. just try it out!

I completely agree with the first reviewer. The colors in this palette go on sheerly, but give my complexion a gorgeous luminosity. I look glowy, not shimmery/glittery. These colors have to be paired with other deeper shades I already own, like another e/s for shading, but they're so neutral they go with most anything. I adore the peachy-gold gloss and rose-pink cream because together they create the most glamorous lips. Love it!