Urban Decay Maui Wowie

Urban Decay Maui Wowie
image 1image 2image 3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Super pretty and nice sheen. I was having a hard time working with the other UD shadows that were glittery so I gave this one a try because it didn't have the same texture. It was definitely easier to work with!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Dalliance by MAC Cosmetics is a spot on dupe that doesn't have glitter in it. Just a frosted finish. I swatched them side by side and the match is 99.99999% spot on. I swatched them both side by side using a primer. And I compared my swatches in my bathroom light with no window and in front of a window in my sitting room, and I also let the swatchs set up for 15 minutes before a final comparing.

To Read all 117 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/14/2015 5:14:00 AM

The fallout issue is an annoying fact, shimmer and glitter particles tend to be everywhere after application where you do not want have them to be. Anyway, I love this shade, it's beautiful and looks amazing paired with brown colors. I tried to meet the fallout problem by applying a neutral paint pot by MAC first (i.g. Bare Study) and continue then with Maui Wowie. I think it works, I achieve better results and the fallout is kept at bay.

on 12/30/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous antique gold shade that I recently started wearing after seeing it paired with Chopper and Smog. It is such a pretty gold color and has some glitter, but not enough to tick me off lol. I hate glittery shadows like Polyester bride. If you put a gold base under it, it really becomes intense.I use it in the inner eye area and about 1/4 way in.

Typical UD awesome shadow with great pigment and staying power.

This is my absolute favorite shade from Urban Decay and im happy to have this singly and in several of their palettes. A little bit of fallout from this as it has some glitter in it and its hard to cover with concealer. This shade looks pretty worn all by itself or to smoke it out with darker shades. The color pops even more with the Urban Decay primer potion in Greed. I pray this shade will never be discontinued because im so in love with it and glad to have it in my collection!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved the old formula Maui Wowie, but I really love the new formula! It's creamy, soft, and a lovely color. Also, there's still some glitter fallout, but much much less than there was in the old formula. The color is a lovely light antique gold with some shimmer. It's almost an exact dupe for Urban Decay's Oz (the gold half) in the Glinda palette, but without the huge chunky glitter and it's not limited edition like Oz is.

on 7/27/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this shade. It's a pale golden shimmery color. There is glitter fallout like other reviewers have said, which sucks. But ever since I tried this shade from my sister years ago, I knew I had to have it. And the packaging from UD is ALWAYS nice. Will purchase again.

on 7/17/2013 4:12:00 AM

Really like this shade (pale shimmery gold with slight olive tinge), looks gorgeous against my pale olive toned skin and erases all the redness from lids. If there weren't that glitter fallout issue, I would definitely love it!

I'm in LOVE with this shade. It's a beautiful champagne gold with silver glitter. It's a multi-tasker, to. It looks beautiful on the lid, but I love it as a tear duct highlight as well. It goes on opaquely with a great metallic, foiled effect, even when dry and without primer. The glitter wasn't gritty, but without primer, there was a moderate amount of fallout (primer resolves this). Without a base, this wore excellently for more than 8 hours. With a base, it made it to the 15 hour mark looking flawless, with no fallout. I'm so glad this shadow didn't get discontinued, and would gladly repurchase.

(Read the full review at peakvolume.blogspot.com)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Glitteriest UD shade I've come across yet, most likely to destroy your finished face, and hard to get out of the pan. NOT WORTH IT. I hate this UD shade more than anything else. I barely touched it in my Ammo palette and I depotted it and threw it out because I hated looking at it.