Nature's Gate Chamomile Replenishing Shampoo

No Image

3.8

Not tested on animals

The scent is amazing! I use this with the same conditioner and my hair feels soft and smooth for around 12 hours. Afterwards, my hair becames increasingly sticky that I frequently feel the need to wash my hair again. But unlike other organic shampoos, this one doesn't make my scalp itchy and I don't suffer a lot of hairfall. I also notice that my colored hair is shinier. Best organic shampoo I've had so far.

on 10/17/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This scent was the one that I liked best of all the ones I sniffed in this line of shampoos and conditioners - I feel it is on the milder side and less likely to give headaches (I am prone to headaches from strong/sharp smells, even good ones). This works well! The consistency is fine, it cleaned my hair - it wasn't extraordinary, but I liked that it is a solid, natural shampoo that is gentle on my scalp.

I recently purchased this when the daily cleansing variety was out of stock. This shampoo smells almost as awesome as the daily cleansing. It's a little bit more subtle but just as long lasting. It reminds me of a meadow, grassy with a light wild flower accent. Scents aside, I would say the chamomile has some better benefits. It's more moisturizing and enhances highlights and shine. Although it's more moisturizing it doesn't weigh down my hair and I find I can go longer between shampoos than with other brands. I use with the matching conditioner.

on 7/4/2014 9:28:00 PM

I picked up this shampoo and conditioner on a whim, while shopping at whole foods. I had used the pomegranite version of this shampoo line along time of ago and i remembered i hated it because my hair and scalp didn't feel clean. Anyway, i noticed this was the last bottle left on the shelf and wanted to find out why it was so popular. I haven't changed shampoos for over a year now since that day. It is gentle enough to use everyday, it cleans well, and leaves my hair feeling soft. The conditioner is nice and creamy too. I have thick curly color processed hair and this stuff agrees with it.....Thank God.

on 2/20/2014 10:07:00 AM

I come back to this shampoo occasionally but it is nothing special compared to the performance of other Nature's Gate shampoos or other shampoos in general. I actually like the scent over some of the other Nature's Gate shampoos but as far as performance it leaves my hair kind of hay-like. Its matching conditioner is light and doesn't really lend itself to my hair feeling wonderful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because it was so gentle and didn't strip my red hair color but after using it for a week it made my scalp itchy and flaky. Maybe I am just having a mild allergic reaction to it, but I'm throwing this out.

I'm not sure why this hasn't gotten better reviews. Some people's sensitivity to the smell seems a little exaggerated to me, but to each his own. This hair is simple, and it works. I use the new and improved which works for color treated hair. It brings out the natural highlights in my hair and my hair looks wonderful! I adore the smell, actually. I have fine, dark blonde hair that is normally dry on the ends and can get oily at the roots. I use both the shampoo and conditioner and my hair is very balanced and happy. I rarely heat style and I can go a day without washing if I want.

on 5/20/2008 2:41:00 PM

Just a normal shampoo. I didn't notice any miracles or sins with this. It cleaned my hair and that's about it. It's a good value to since you only need a small amount to get a good lather and the bottle is large and costs under 4 USD, depending on where you buy it. I probably won't repurchase due to the stale floral scent (just like cheap guest room soap). I infinitely prefer the original herbal formula's scent.

on 5/2/2008 11:28:00 PM

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews. I've been using the "Chamomile Replenishing Shampoo" (it seems the "Herbal Chamomile Shampoo" has been renamed or replaced) for a couple weeks now, and my hair has been really happy. It's very gentle (at least on my coarse-ish thick hair) and rinses cleaner than any shampoo I can remember. However, I don't use any styling products in my hair, and I'm pretty sure this would leave product residue behind if I did... But for me, this leaves my hair incredibly soft. The price is right and the scent is mild and pleasant. I like to keep a bunch of shampoos in rotation, and this one might become a regular.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can't stand the smell, it's just too cloying, I also find this very heavy and yet, dry.

Popular Shampoos