Essie Watermelon

Essie Watermelon

4.6

on 7/30/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy Grail bright pink/fuchsia nail polish right there. This is a stunning vibrant shade that I have actually received many compliments for. It is classic, versatile and appropriate for any time of the year. It also looks very good on fair skin, although I can see it being flattering for any skin tone. Formula wise, this is one of Essie's best polishes. Two coats are more than enough for a smooth, opaque, intense finish.
This is a must have for me.

I had my makeup done at MAC for my boyfriend's graduation party and had "All Fired Up" put on my lips. Something about the red based fuchsia really popped against my coloring. I had to go back and get the lipstick. Then I decided I wanted matching nails. Since I am a lover of Essie generally, I checked out their selection first and came out with Watermelon. I was very pleased that the shade was a dead match and looked as flattering on my nails as the lipstick looked on my lips. Watermelon is a red based fuchsia which suits my neutral high contrast coloring. It is not too warm or too blue based. The formula is better than a lot of my Essie polishes. It is creamy, shiny and opaque. I have got compliments on this shade and I will continue wearing it.

on 4/11/2016 10:08:00 AM

Essie Watermelon is a great polish. It is a pinky-red colour, slightly more red than watermelon flesh. It is quite bright, but very wearable. The formula is great, it is medium consistency and is not too thick. It is completely opaque in two coats, though you could get away with one in emergencies! The colour is great for Summer, though wearable all year round. It also dries very quickly. It is chip resistant and I did not suffer from tip wear, even though I type a lot. This is a classic Essie colour and should be a staple for every girl. A safe, reliable colour.

on 1/25/2016 1:29:00 PM

Disappointing color. I was excited to try this because of the positive reviews. But on my nails this shade of pinky-red just looked boring and un-special.

Good formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But I didn't care for the shade itself and I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I can see why everyone raves about this shade. It's so beautiful and feminine - a pretty pink/red that would flatter most skin tones.
Essie's formulas can vary with each shade and fortunately, it's perfect with Watermelon. It's not at all watery or runny but the right consistency.
If you're looking to venture into the territory of red polish on your fingertips but nervous about it looking too 'bold', then Watermelon is a nice introduction.
I also love wearing it on my toe nails during the summer.
Definitely a keeper in my polish collection.

I have bought Essie Watermelon after reading the wonderful reviews, and I completely see now what the fuss is about. It is such a beautiful colour. It does look darker and better on my nails than it does in the bottle. Under artificial light it looks red. Almost candy apple kind of inviting red... In daylight the colour appears somewhere between raspberry / fuschia pink and soft red. Even though the name is light and summery this nail polish looks sophisticated on my nails. Nothing like bright cheap barbie doll colour you would expect from the name at all. It is a summery shade, but I enjoy wearing in the winter with short nails. I think it looks very warm and nice and makes my hands look well-kept and pretty.

It is very pigmented. You could probably wear it only one coat if you prefered. I found applying the second coat a bit tricky. It appeared thicker and drier for some reason, but I managed in the end and I am no expert. This is my new fave. I will definitely buy it again.

Perfect balance between bright pink and red! Looks really nice on both pale skin and with deeper skin tones. Could be done with one coat, but I tend to do two. Really great formula (aka no streaking or bald spots) which is sometimes hard to find with essie polishes, but my only complaint is that it got goopy within 4 or 5 months and is kind of hard to work with now. Overall though, it's a great product and I would recommend it to anyone!

Bright pink color, perfect for summer. My only negative is that it turns reddish the more coats I use.

I love this polish. It's a beautiful pinky-red that's perfect for summertime. So far I've only used it on my toes, but it makes me want to wear sandals all the time because I love looking at the color! The polish applies evenly, without the streaking problems that a lot of Essie's lighter colors have. I would definitely repurchase this.

I am not one to be into bright red polishes. I usually tend to sway toward pastels, neutrals and darks. I collect nail polishes so i figured this would be a good one to add. I tried it on and the angels started to sing guys! It is red, but a more "pink" red. It's absolutey perfect for summertime. I put this on all my nails except i did a watermelon design on my ring fingers and i got so many compliments. pick this one up if you want to venture into reds, i promise you wont' be disappointed!!

Popular Polishes