Bobbi Brown Desert

No Image

on 7/14/2005 4:09:00 PM

This shadow is part of BB Fall Clay Collection. I would describe it as a warm peach. I am fair with blue eyes and blonde hair. Usually I wear cool colors but I was looking for something in the warm family and fell in love with this fall look. I wear this with a wash of BB White Eyeshadow and line with BB Gel Eyeliner in Sepia. I pair it with Desert Clay Matter Lip stain and overall the look is natural, burnished and very desert/canyon. I think you can wear this look in the summer as well as the fall. As far as the product quality it is awesome. The color does not crease and it lasts all day however, I do prime my eyes first with LM eye basics in wheat. I also think this color feels more velvety then her other eyeshadows.

I liked this so much I bought a back up. I agree with other reviewer that this color seems to have a creamier texture. I've noticed lately that BB's matte e/s seem to be creamier in general. It is a lovely matte peachy shade that works lovely with my blue eyes. I wish they'd make this part of the permanent line so others could try.

on 1/23/2009 8:27:00 PM

Desert is a beautiful base color for me. A nice browned peachy shade. I really like it. I bought mine on eBay and wondered why I didn't see it listed on the Bobbi Brown website. I see after reading here that it was a limited edition. What a shame. There are no other shades in Bobbi's palette that are quite like it. She should definitely bring it back.

on 11/27/2009 10:22:00 PM

I got this as a gift and I expected it to be a powder but it has a creamy consistency to the eyeshadow. It's easy to work with and very versatile because you make it into a nude look and then change it up to a smokey look just add some black eyeliner and some dark shadow on the outter v and you're set to go. Too bad it's a limited edition.