Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.4

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this mascara. It defines and lengthens my lashes with the first sweep and then adds volume with the second. I find the best results are had with 2 thin coats of each side. 2 white then 2 black.
I would also sweep the brush downward on the tops of my upper lashes to get rid of any left over white color. Works like a charm!
I would definitely purchase again but unfortunately this product has been discontinued in my province (or all of Canada for all I know...). So sad :(

on 1/14/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ive tried a few maybelline double ended mascaras and this is the worst I have tried from them. I have straight, short lashes. The primer made them stick together and the mascara part made it even worse. It doesnt hold a curl and it flakes alot on me :(

on 3/3/2011 4:18:00 AM

WOW! I love this product so much, the primer included, it makes my lashes super long with a nice thickness. Very volumized. I adore this product so much, the more you put on - the more dramatic the look is. I would really recommend this to friends !

on 7/15/2010 10:45:00 AM

This is review is for the waterproof version of Intense. I did not care for this much at all. Horrible keeping curl & does not add volume or length for me. All it accomplished for me was spidery stubby lashes. The previous reviewers mentioned that it was difficult going over the white primer with the mascara & I would absolutely agree! One thing it did do was stay put though, waterproof version is indeed waterproof!

I have been using this mascara for years. It is not a perfect 5 in my book, but everytime I try a different mascara, I always end up going back to this one. I love the priming conditioning it has for the lashes, which gives me more volume and extension. The brush doesn't clump the mascara on my lashes, it spreads it evenly on them, which I love.

This mascara is just mediocre to me. It provides good lenghtening but not really a lot of volume. Its good for an everyday look, but I prefer more dramatic looking lashes. I like that it comes with a primer because it doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day. However, having a 2 sided tube makes it a bit difficult for application. I have a lot of trouble with the wand getting my inner corner lashes. If you put too much on it does tend to get clumpy. I prefer maybelline's colossal (minus the smell) to this so I won't repurchase. It might work for you if you like a more natural look or just want length not volume.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had been using the original one for years until this one came out. Does just what it says..makes your lashes INTENSE! I think it takes awhile to get used to using this one and that's why lots of people don't like it, but if you use it right, you can avoid clumps and get the most gorgeous lashes. I have tried many other mascaras and haven't found any to lengthen, add volume and curl like this one. Never smudges no matter how long I wear it either. It was my HG mascara..until I found the new XXL Pro Bold by Maybelline recently which I find does all the above but BETTER and bolder.

on 1/20/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This mascara was the closest thing to perfect I'd ever come around before my Smashbox. But due to my decision to only buy cruelty-free products (and the fact that it seems to have been pulled from production in my country) I stopped using it.

I have short and very straight lashes and the white primer lengthened and curled them really well. This worked so well on me though, that I only used the primer for party looks because it could get a bit extreme for my everyday look.

The black one didn't disappoint me either. It curled and lengthened and evaded spider eyes. Just what I'm looking for in a mascara.

It does what is says, but an uuuber pain to take off. Yeeesh!

This is my all time favorite mascara out there, out of both department and drugstores. It makes my lashes probably at least twice the length and very thick. My lashes are barely there naturally and whenever I use this people believe I have false ones on. The trick is to not let the white primer dry and apply the black immediately after the white coating. It does not clump that way and is a very intense black. I've been using it for years and have yet to find another mascara that gives a more dramatic look than this!!