Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.3

on 10/23/2010 9:23:00 PM

Very surprised by the low rating for this. I find this to be an excellent mascara. Very easy to use with a sensible sized brush. Primer goes on really nicely and the mascara makes my lashes look really luscious. My main concern with mascara is whether it will last the day without smearing or flaking. This one definitely stays put and yet it comes off quite easily at the end of the day with my foaming cleanser. Very impressed and I would definitely buy it again.

I hated this mascara. Worst I have used in ages. Didn't do anything for my lashes. Junk! Waste of money.

on 2/21/2008 2:54:00 PM

If you want long, spiky lashes, then I would try this. I saw a picture of myself and my lashes were almost too long for daytime. So if you are seeking an artificial lash or nighttime look without spending too much, give this a try. The wand is very short which creates a problem with application - it's awkward and I have to switch hands to get the outer lashes. (Makes me wonder if the marketing people actually USE the product before they send it out.) Once this mascara starts getting old (around week six-eight), as with most mascaras, it starts clumping and it looks bad on your lashes. I think the problem most are having with the primer is that they try to get too much on - a couple of good swipes works, plus not letting the primer dry completely. You don't have to totally coat your lashes with the primer and if you do, the look is sort of "overkill."

on 8/24/2006 10:44:00 AM

I am replacing my original review of this product. Since then, I tried two other highly rated mascaras, one drugstore brand and one very expensive department store brand. The comparison has really worked in Intense XXL's favor. This mascara/primer combination lengthens and adds volume without the fake, clumped look of some volumizing mascaras. It's now on my repurchase list.