Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.7

Great mascara that gives a very dramatic look to lashes. Love this!

I have extremely straight eyelashes that are beyond difficult to maintain curl and length. I also have really bad luck with drug store mascaras and tend to purchase high-end ones due to the fact that they have a better curling and lasting power. The difference in prices is ridiculous though. $20 or $8?? I was convinced that there must be a good drugstore product and after watching a video of a girl on Youtube with a similar dilemma using XXL, I decided to check it out. THIS REALLY WORKS! You know from right of the bat that the magic behind this product is the white primer. WHY THEY DON'T SELL THE PRIMER ALONE IS MESMERIZING. I could purchase tons of this. It LENGTHENS, CURLS, and DOES NOT FLAKE. I would recommend NOT purchasing the WATERPROOF version simply because it is NOT WATERPROOF and because you would need an oil-based makeup remover to get it off. That simple negative aside, this is one of the BEST DRUGSTORE MASCARAS.

on 8/6/2011 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I don't even know how many of these mascaras I've used over the years - it is most certainly my HG among drugstore mascaras. It works great on my lashes, and even better than Lancome Definicils or Hypnose. I am still looking for myHG in the high end, but I know that I will always be coming back to the XXL.

on 4/21/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is almost - almost - my HG mascara. Yes, it's weird to have white primer (black primer, anyone? Really?) because you have to make sure every single lash is covered. Yes, the tube is weird because of how the applicators are set up. Yes, the black mascara takes a while to dry. But for building "almost fake eyelash" length lashes, this is my go-to mascara. If it was waterproof/smudgeproof, it would be my HG...that's why I say "almost". But for wearing to a holiday party or building up the lashes for a night on the Strip, this is definitely my mascara to wear!

on 10/23/2010 9:23:00 PM

Very surprised by the low rating for this. I find this to be an excellent mascara. Very easy to use with a sensible sized brush. Primer goes on really nicely and the mascara makes my lashes look really luscious. My main concern with mascara is whether it will last the day without smearing or flaking. This one definitely stays put and yet it comes off quite easily at the end of the day with my foaming cleanser. Very impressed and I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara was not good at all. It did not make my lashes look intense at all. However it did separate my lashes a little bit, but it made them look more natural looking instead of giving them any flare. I really didn't like this mascara and I'm sorry I bought it.

This is a good mascara but I prefer Maybelline's Colossal Volume mascara. I liked the idea of the two layers, but I don't think it makes a huge difference and just adds some extra time to my make application. I do think it helps with the curl but not enough to make me want to buy it again. Definitely not a bad mascara but I'm going to stick with Colossal Volume, which gives me more volume and length in my opinion.

on 8/19/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The lengthening aspect was good, but this did not deliver on the volume aspect at all. My long time love, Maybelle's Full and Soft does an infinitely better job at that.

My lashes have never completely recovered after an illness caused them to fall out. I now have fewer lashes on the outside half of each eye and each lash is finer and shorter. (Thankfully, they're still a decent length). This mascara made the voids/areas where my lashes are less dense more obvious -definitely not a plus.

I agree with the other reviewers who said that this product is only appropriate for those who are satisfied with the density and thickness of their lashes and are going for added length.

on 2/12/2009 6:38:00 PM

I personally Have not tried this but my boyfriends daughter loves it and her lashes look amazing lately, I asked her what she was using and she showed me this. The length was crazy her lashes looked fake.. the only problem I saw was a little of white showed through but that could of just been her she is only 15..

I have now used and tried this and LOVE It. the only thing I don't care for is the packaging, I don't think I'm getting enough mascara, but other than that it's awesome. Stays on forever, doesn't flake, great black color, it's amazing. I use one sweep of the primer, and then one sweep of the mascara, and I will continue to buy this product over and over. Great mascara for drugstore.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was pretty underwhelmed by this. My Volum' Express Waterproof gives me better results in less time and for less money. This is fine, and does provide me with a dramatic look, but if I can do more in less time for less money, I'm going to. It's basically so-so in the dramatic Maybelline line. Might repurchase, though I'm trying The Colossal Volum' Express and LashBlast soon, and I have a feeling one or both will be my HG.