Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Enter Title

3.0

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This mascara wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I personally hate the primer. Firstly, I actually have never needed a primer (this mascara confirmed that for me) and secondly it was so difficult to cover the white primer with the black mascara no matter what I did. I will say this though, I already have long lashes, but this stuff made them sky high. Not perfect, I won't go back to it, but it did perform well enough.

on 12/20/2009 9:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't like this mascara at all, I didn't notice a difference in my eyelashes, I remember using it like 3 times only, then I probably threw it away.
complete waste of money.

on 6/26/2009 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this really irritated my eyes, it flaked off and got in my eyes, this is definitely not made for those with sensitive eyes. the concept is good the formula is bad, for me anyway.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Several repurchases over the past year! The length this microfiber primer gives is yet to be beat! Not even Make Up For Ever's Lash Fibers impressed me after a year of using this Maybelline primer! The mascara is a light formula with a nice brush so all the long lashes and fibers can be reached. I do have to use my own lash comb at times to get at some clumping, but be realistic, that's to be expected with so many things layering on these few hairs. Usually I use other mascaras instead of the one included to get a fuller voluminous look. For a drugstore price, you get a LOT!... and tons of compliments :D (p.s.: I use the Waterproof version since I wear contact lenses and my eyes tend to water easily and this holds up beautifully!)

on 10/19/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yet another maybelline tragedy for me. I swear that if it wasn't because of that $2.00 coupon that came attached to this, I would bring this back for a return like yesterday.
First time I wear mascaras I'm always impressed. They all seem great. Of course it takes me into day 2 or 3 to actually see it in action and how it performs. I was sooo underwhelmed by this. There brush applicator is too short to actually get up under the lashes well enough. The primer is useless. And yes, it clumps. Not the thick kind of clumping that I'm actually not bothered by,but the one that somehow manages to glump a bunch of lashes together and make them look like they are malnourished and skinny as hell. Needless to say, I got ZERO volume with this.
Back to Loreal carbon black I go.

on 5/3/2008 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a whim while I was bored in Target. I think using that $7 to make a paper hat would have been a much better use of my money. I've used much cheaper mascaras that delivered much more. This stuff is clumpy to the max and the color isn't very striking. I hate the white stuff. I never use this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I must say that I'm surprised with Maybelline's Intense XXL mascara. I bought it not expecting much, since I've never had much sucess with mascaras that promise extreme long lashes, but this is it. Apply a light coat of the primer, then layer on the top coat and voila, "intense" lashes! A little bit of clump, but nothing an eyelash comb won't fix (I recommend Sonia Kashuk's). The colour very black is nice and dark, and there was no flaking.
Price: $7.00USD

on 8/30/2006 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this product for a d/s brand. I think it did a good job lengthening my lashes but lacked in the volumizing department. I wish the mascara applyed a little smoother, it is slightly clumpy. I wonder if the original version is better because the only reason I tried this mascara was because I noticed a coworkers eyelashes and she was using the original version. Me, who loves the look of long, volumious lashes, decided to try the "intense" version. My coworkers application looked a lot smoother. Or it could be that this mascara tends to clump the more you apply it (like a lot of mascaras are). I have a love/hate relationship with the white primer. I have black lashes and so it makes it harder for me to cover the white with the mascara but I like knowing where the primer is and where I have missed a spot. Someone below had mentioned about the package and how the brushes are clumsy. I must agree that it is slightly ackward because I am use to pulling the wand out of the mascara tube, not the mascara tube off the wand. It takes a little time to get use to but it is convenient to have both primer and mascara together. But overall, a decent LENTHENING, slightly clumpy (not volumizing) mascara.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this mascara, it's my very favorite right now and I love it so much better than Voluminious from L'oreal, which was my HG mascara. I think this is going to be my new HG! It goes on very smooth, no clumps, no smudges, just super intense color and volume (which I love!). I have this in very black and just love it, it's definitely the best mascara that I have ever tired. I am very impressed and this is on it's way to becoming my new HG mascara. I VERY highly recommend trying this, especially in the intense version. I love it! It's my new mascara!

on 8/30/2005 8:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten better reviews.I found this really dramatic,almost false eyelash style.I would be happier if it came in waterproof,but that's ok,the regular version doesn't budge much.Hopefully,they will have a w/p version by Nov so I can wear it at my wedding:)It doesn't even bother my eyes with my contacts in,which is a worry with fibre mascaras(ie MAC's).I love Maybelline mascaras in general;I cannot see spending $20 every 3 mos for a dept store product made by the same parent co(Cosmair-Lancome,respectively.)I was wearing a combo of Sky High Curves,Lash Discovery and Voluminous,but I only need to wear this one for the dramatic effect:)