Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm not even sure which mascara I used but I know it was Meybelline XXL. It was the best mascara I have tried and made my lashes look amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

On my average length, stick straight, Asian lashes, this was "okay". Nothing special. It only made my lashes look SLIGHTLY darker, and SLIGHTLY thicker....but didn't do much for length. It didn't take too long to dry, but the tube dried out fast on me. This also flaked a little bit, and always made my eyes kind of red after a while. I've bought this tube twice (first time was recommended by my Asian friend; second time just to try it out again). I'm moving on. Don't understand why a lot of Asians like this.

***MASCARAS I'VE TRIED:
-L'Oreal Voluminous (1x)
-Almay Bright Eyes in Black Sapphire (1x)
-Estee Lauder Magnascopic (3x)
-Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara
-Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara (4x...favorite so far)
-Tarte Lights Camera Lashes (1x)
-Clinique High Impact (1x)
-Maybelline Lash Stilleto (1x)
-Bad Gal (2x)

on 10/23/2010 9:23:00 PM

Very surprised by the low rating for this. I find this to be an excellent mascara. Very easy to use with a sensible sized brush. Primer goes on really nicely and the mascara makes my lashes look really luscious. My main concern with mascara is whether it will last the day without smearing or flaking. This one definitely stays put and yet it comes off quite easily at the end of the day with my foaming cleanser. Very impressed and I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have thin and short lashes and the primer does lengthen them. What I don't like is that sometimes it's hard to cover the whitish primer thoroughly with the black mascara so it'd look like I have gray lashes. Lol. Another downside is that this mascara smudges on me.

on 7/15/2010 10:45:00 AM

This is review is for the waterproof version of Intense. I did not care for this much at all. Horrible keeping curl & does not add volume or length for me. All it accomplished for me was spidery stubby lashes. The previous reviewers mentioned that it was difficult going over the white primer with the mascara & I would absolutely agree! One thing it did do was stay put though, waterproof version is indeed waterproof!

on 6/15/2010 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An Asian Review:
I have not-full-but-not-sparse, medium length lashes and sensitive eyes. Though this mascara fared better than the previous Maybelline mascaras I have tried, it is still not as good as I expected it to be.

First I curl my lashes, and I apply the primer all over and followed by the mascara. It does give a lovely thick look to my lashes but it did not hold my curl at all. Also when I tried to reapply/layer on, it starts to get clumpy and I can feel the heaviness on my lashes. On the plus side, it didnt irritate my eyes. However, I wouldnt repurchase.

on 5/16/2010 6:47:00 AM

this mascara worked very well on me i would recomend it to other people however it did no curling only a little bit the packaging is great the price i gave a 4 becuse it is like $24.00 over here in australia but yeah its a great product but i found that i had ran out of it after 3 weeks but that only becuse i wear mascara every day

on 1/20/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This mascara was the closest thing to perfect I'd ever come around before my Smashbox. But due to my decision to only buy cruelty-free products (and the fact that it seems to have been pulled from production in my country) I stopped using it.

I have short and very straight lashes and the white primer lengthened and curled them really well. This worked so well on me though, that I only used the primer for party looks because it could get a bit extreme for my everyday look.

The black one didn't disappoint me either. It curled and lengthened and evaded spider eyes. Just what I'm looking for in a mascara.

on 1/17/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

decent mascara still duno if id run out and buy another tho.

on 1/11/2010 11:42:00 PM

i love this mascara. it makes my lashes look longer and blacker. i hate clumping and this gives me the least amount of clumping with the best visual results. girls and guys have asked if my lashes are fake when i wear this mascara. that's how long they look! it's my secret weapon. i've tried mac, dior, benefit, all kinds of more expensive mascara and none of them give me the results i want. oh, and on my wedding day i wore the waterproof version of this and it did not budge!