Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.5

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this mascara. It defines and lengthens my lashes with the first sweep and then adds volume with the second. I find the best results are had with 2 thin coats of each side. 2 white then 2 black.
I would also sweep the brush downward on the tops of my upper lashes to get rid of any left over white color. Works like a charm!
I would definitely purchase again but unfortunately this product has been discontinued in my province (or all of Canada for all I know...). So sad :(

Great mascara that gives a very dramatic look to lashes. Love this!

on 8/6/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hated this mascara. It was very clumpy and the formula made my lashes clump together. I would use the primer side first followed by the mascara, but every-time the layering process would create clumps and give me spidery lashes. I ended up finishing the product by just using the mascara side, but using it alone didn't provide much definition for my short thin lashes.

on 8/6/2011 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I don't even know how many of these mascaras I've used over the years - it is most certainly my HG among drugstore mascaras. It works great on my lashes, and even better than Lancome Definicils or Hypnose. I am still looking for myHG in the high end, but I know that I will always be coming back to the XXL.

on 4/21/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is almost - almost - my HG mascara. Yes, it's weird to have white primer (black primer, anyone? Really?) because you have to make sure every single lash is covered. Yes, the tube is weird because of how the applicators are set up. Yes, the black mascara takes a while to dry. But for building "almost fake eyelash" length lashes, this is my go-to mascara. If it was waterproof/smudgeproof, it would be my HG...that's why I say "almost". But for wearing to a holiday party or building up the lashes for a night on the Strip, this is definitely my mascara to wear!

on 3/7/2011 2:37:00 PM

I've been through 3 or 4 tubes of this mascara so far. I like it. Leaves your lashes looking long and full. The only problem I have is that I can't find it as easily as I used to!

on 8/14/2010 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

One of the first mascaras I ever bought and I didn't know how to use the primer/mascara properly- now that I do, I really like this product. Gives great lashes, the primer lengthens very well. I will eventually repurchase if I find it on sale, but the whole two-step mascara thing doesn't always work for me because I'm lazy.

on 7/15/2010 10:45:00 AM

This is review is for the waterproof version of Intense. I did not care for this much at all. Horrible keeping curl & does not add volume or length for me. All it accomplished for me was spidery stubby lashes. The previous reviewers mentioned that it was difficult going over the white primer with the mascara & I would absolutely agree! One thing it did do was stay put though, waterproof version is indeed waterproof!

on 7/13/2010 1:32:00 AM

i loved this mascara, and i'm so sad that it has been discontinued. i use to get so many compliments on my lashes. now i'm on the search to find a replace, after 6 years of loyalty. If any one knows of a good alternative please let me know.

on 6/15/2010 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An Asian Review:
I have not-full-but-not-sparse, medium length lashes and sensitive eyes. Though this mascara fared better than the previous Maybelline mascaras I have tried, it is still not as good as I expected it to be.

First I curl my lashes, and I apply the primer all over and followed by the mascara. It does give a lovely thick look to my lashes but it did not hold my curl at all. Also when I tried to reapply/layer on, it starts to get clumpy and I can feel the heaviness on my lashes. On the plus side, it didnt irritate my eyes. However, I wouldnt repurchase.