Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Enter Title

3.1

on 1/14/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ive tried a few maybelline double ended mascaras and this is the worst I have tried from them. I have straight, short lashes. The primer made them stick together and the mascara part made it even worse. It doesnt hold a curl and it flakes alot on me :(

on 8/6/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hated this mascara. It was very clumpy and the formula made my lashes clump together. I would use the primer side first followed by the mascara, but every-time the layering process would create clumps and give me spidery lashes. I ended up finishing the product by just using the mascara side, but using it alone didn't provide much definition for my short thin lashes.

on 12/17/2009 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

great for those who want fake and volumised lashes;but this causes clumping and is rather difficult to wash off;prefer the long extreme mascara

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

love this stuff!
I get so many compliments from people when I wear this one
really gives me those sexy dramatic lashes, and I love these kinds of two-step mascaras just because it's fun!
The black mascara side is wonderful! like the richest formula ever

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree that the colour of the primer is not the greatest and that it does impart a weird look to your lashes if you miss a spot with the mascara afterwards. However, this is the only one of the DS brand mascaras that lengthened my lashes and did not clump on me. I was able to get them at $9 for 2 at Walmart, so the price was not that bad. I am still in search of my HG mascara, so until I find that, I will repurchase this.

EDIT: I went back to this after using MAC plushlash for a while, and I must say... I have fallen out of love with XXL. It doesn't lengthen even close to as much as Plushlash does!

on 10/19/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yet another maybelline tragedy for me. I swear that if it wasn't because of that $2.00 coupon that came attached to this, I would bring this back for a return like yesterday.
First time I wear mascaras I'm always impressed. They all seem great. Of course it takes me into day 2 or 3 to actually see it in action and how it performs. I was sooo underwhelmed by this. There brush applicator is too short to actually get up under the lashes well enough. The primer is useless. And yes, it clumps. Not the thick kind of clumping that I'm actually not bothered by,but the one that somehow manages to glump a bunch of lashes together and make them look like they are malnourished and skinny as hell. Needless to say, I got ZERO volume with this.
Back to Loreal carbon black I go.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The huge problem with this is the fact that it dries up fast and you can only use one coat of it. The more coats; the more ugly and clumpy it looks.
Also, it flakes alot. I can get mascara residue into my eye at times.
And, it's a b*tch to remove. I need to use 4 cotton pads soaked in my makeup remover solution and still there'll be left over mascara.
However, if i were to just use one coat of this without the white part, it can work out for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was pretty underwhelmed by this. My Volum' Express Waterproof gives me better results in less time and for less money. This is fine, and does provide me with a dramatic look, but if I can do more in less time for less money, I'm going to. It's basically so-so in the dramatic Maybelline line. Might repurchase, though I'm trying The Colossal Volum' Express and LashBlast soon, and I have a feeling one or both will be my HG.

Ehhh it's okay.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the brush is smaller and not as good as the original xxl. the formula itself was ok but all it did was add some volume. there was no length and no curl. i especially warn against the waterproof because it was impossible to remove.