Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.0

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this mascara. It defines and lengthens my lashes with the first sweep and then adds volume with the second. I find the best results are had with 2 thin coats of each side. 2 white then 2 black.
I would also sweep the brush downward on the tops of my upper lashes to get rid of any left over white color. Works like a charm!
I would definitely purchase again but unfortunately this product has been discontinued in my province (or all of Canada for all I know...). So sad :(

on 4/21/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is almost - almost - my HG mascara. Yes, it's weird to have white primer (black primer, anyone? Really?) because you have to make sure every single lash is covered. Yes, the tube is weird because of how the applicators are set up. Yes, the black mascara takes a while to dry. But for building "almost fake eyelash" length lashes, this is my go-to mascara. If it was waterproof/smudgeproof, it would be my HG...that's why I say "almost". But for wearing to a holiday party or building up the lashes for a night on the Strip, this is definitely my mascara to wear!

on 11/22/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is pretty great. It isn't bad or flakey. The primer is really useful, and not just white mascara in an attempt to sound fancy. It does really nicely with not clumping and it's pretty dark. The brush is also really nicely sized(who decided a bigger brush meant bigger lashes anyway?). I'm giving this a four because even if it isn't my HG, it is a pretty nice.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i hated this mascara. the primer looked awful, no matter how much of the topcoat i put. it flaked, it asnt dark enough, it dried out my lashes, and it clumped like crazy. not reccomended.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This mascara wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I personally hate the primer. Firstly, I actually have never needed a primer (this mascara confirmed that for me) and secondly it was so difficult to cover the white primer with the black mascara no matter what I did. I will say this though, I already have long lashes, but this stuff made them sky high. Not perfect, I won't go back to it, but it did perform well enough.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

this is awful, it smudges a lot..
this worst thing is...it's impossible to remove without an oil based makeup remover, i was running around with a black mess around my eyes in my house to find smth to remove it...definitely not a good experience.

on 1/20/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This mascara was the closest thing to perfect I'd ever come around before my Smashbox. But due to my decision to only buy cruelty-free products (and the fact that it seems to have been pulled from production in my country) I stopped using it.

I have short and very straight lashes and the white primer lengthened and curled them really well. This worked so well on me though, that I only used the primer for party looks because it could get a bit extreme for my everyday look.

The black one didn't disappoint me either. It curled and lengthened and evaded spider eyes. Just what I'm looking for in a mascara.

on 8/19/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The lengthening aspect was good, but this did not deliver on the volume aspect at all. My long time love, Maybelle's Full and Soft does an infinitely better job at that.

My lashes have never completely recovered after an illness caused them to fall out. I now have fewer lashes on the outside half of each eye and each lash is finer and shorter. (Thankfully, they're still a decent length). This mascara made the voids/areas where my lashes are less dense more obvious -definitely not a plus.

I agree with the other reviewers who said that this product is only appropriate for those who are satisfied with the density and thickness of their lashes and are going for added length.

on 5/22/2009 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Ok seriously this mascara dries out like crazy!! I have only had a for about 1 month and a half and is all ready gone all clumpy on me.And I don't even use it that often.
The first few weeks when you use this, and if you have the patience to put this on then is awesome!

But...I wore this today and when i washed my face tonight my lashes fall out like crazy!!! Like 2,3 at a time!!! Soo I am not going to use this anymore... & I think i might try a more nourising mascara like almays one..

Butno I would not buy this again.. I bought this because I had a little fantasy in my head that if I use the white stuff && then plus the black stuff my lashes would be amazing but nooo seriously not that great and if it makes my lashes fall out then thats a BIG no no..

on 4/17/2009 8:53:00 PM

i will never know why i strayed away from this mascara! seriously!

i was first recommended this a few years ago by my cousin who is model, and now owns a modeling agency, and i trust her with my life with make-up and anything beauty.

anyhoo, this is a miricle mascara, im asian, code for straight short stubborn lashes which refuse to curl! and this mascara (with the help of my shu curlers) makes them existent and make them look way dramatic! i look like i have falses on!!