Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Enter Title

3.2

on 1/14/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ive tried a few maybelline double ended mascaras and this is the worst I have tried from them. I have straight, short lashes. The primer made them stick together and the mascara part made it even worse. It doesnt hold a curl and it flakes alot on me :(

Great mascara- it really accentuates my lashes. It is not clumpy and reasonably priced for the decent quality product you get.

I have extremely straight eyelashes that are beyond difficult to maintain curl and length. I also have really bad luck with drug store mascaras and tend to purchase high-end ones due to the fact that they have a better curling and lasting power. The difference in prices is ridiculous though. $20 or $8?? I was convinced that there must be a good drugstore product and after watching a video of a girl on Youtube with a similar dilemma using XXL, I decided to check it out. THIS REALLY WORKS! You know from right of the bat that the magic behind this product is the white primer. WHY THEY DON'T SELL THE PRIMER ALONE IS MESMERIZING. I could purchase tons of this. It LENGTHENS, CURLS, and DOES NOT FLAKE. I would recommend NOT purchasing the WATERPROOF version simply because it is NOT WATERPROOF and because you would need an oil-based makeup remover to get it off. That simple negative aside, this is one of the BEST DRUGSTORE MASCARAS.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybelline Intense XXL Volume+Length Microfiber Mascara is a lash primer and mascara duo. I purchased it in Gloss for $8.99 AUD, I think it was on sale. I haven't seen this mascara in any US stores. I'm not sure why as I think this is a great mascara.
I'll start off by reviewing Step 1, the microfiber lash primer. Like most lash primers, its white and a little goopy. Not goopy in a way that would clump your lashes, but in a thickening way. The primer seems to have a lot of microfibers visible in it and I find it very lengthening and a bit thickening. Sometimes I even wear it with other mascaras. I've only tried 2 other lash primers and this one certainly tops them in both lengthening and thickening.
Now for the actual mascara. As I've said before, I love Maybelline mascaras and this is no exception. Combined with the primer this is very lengthening while keeping my lashes looking fairly natural. Like other Maybelline mascaras I have no flaking, smudging, itching, or irritation. I get all day wear from this.
Removal is easy due to the microfiber base, but is fairly water resistant without makeup remover.
Both the primer and mascara have the same long, thing, straight brush with traditional bristles. The shape of the brush makes it easy to get right to the roots of the lashes for extra volume and length. The tapered tip also helps to get into the inner corners for those small lashes.
I definitely recommend this excellent mascara duo if you can find it. I hope it's not discontinued, as I really want to repurchase it.

on 3/3/2011 4:18:00 AM

WOW! I love this product so much, the primer included, it makes my lashes super long with a nice thickness. Very volumized. I adore this product so much, the more you put on - the more dramatic the look is. I would really recommend this to friends !

on 11/22/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is pretty great. It isn't bad or flakey. The primer is really useful, and not just white mascara in an attempt to sound fancy. It does really nicely with not clumping and it's pretty dark. The brush is also really nicely sized(who decided a bigger brush meant bigger lashes anyway?). I'm giving this a four because even if it isn't my HG, it is a pretty nice.

on 10/23/2010 9:23:00 PM

Very surprised by the low rating for this. I find this to be an excellent mascara. Very easy to use with a sensible sized brush. Primer goes on really nicely and the mascara makes my lashes look really luscious. My main concern with mascara is whether it will last the day without smearing or flaking. This one definitely stays put and yet it comes off quite easily at the end of the day with my foaming cleanser. Very impressed and I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara was not good at all. It did not make my lashes look intense at all. However it did separate my lashes a little bit, but it made them look more natural looking instead of giving them any flare. I really didn't like this mascara and I'm sorry I bought it.

I have been using this mascara for years. It is not a perfect 5 in my book, but everytime I try a different mascara, I always end up going back to this one. I love the priming conditioning it has for the lashes, which gives me more volume and extension. The brush doesn't clump the mascara on my lashes, it spreads it evenly on them, which I love.

This mascara is just mediocre to me. It provides good lenghtening but not really a lot of volume. Its good for an everyday look, but I prefer more dramatic looking lashes. I like that it comes with a primer because it doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day. However, having a 2 sided tube makes it a bit difficult for application. I have a lot of trouble with the wand getting my inner corner lashes. If you put too much on it does tend to get clumpy. I prefer maybelline's colossal (minus the smell) to this so I won't repurchase. It might work for you if you like a more natural look or just want length not volume.