Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.2

on 3/5/2011 10:21:00 PM

7-8 mascaras in rotation at all times and I keep coming back to this product. This and an eyelash curler make for a long fringe of lashes that look thick, yet natural. I keep buying it because the fiber end gets really yucky (thickened) very quickly for some reason. Thankfully it's cheap enough to replace more often than 3 months. If I take my time and apply this evenly and carefully, it lasts all day and night. A bit difficult to remove at night (takes more patience IMO) but it worth it. Best of all my lashes stay relatively flexible. This is a staple.

on 9/5/2007 4:05:00 PM

Have to agree with JeanineH- it looks incredible the first few applications, then looks clumpy and gross! For the look, you'd have to buy a new tube every few days. The packaging makes it awkward to apply. At least it doesn't smudge! I'm going back to beloved CG Professional.

i bought this product thinking it would make my thin short lashes long and thick. well obviously i know that any mascara claiming to instantly intensify your lashes is tres faux..well this just went along with my assumption..it sucked..the wand is extra gloopy..the mascara doesnt hold a curl..the white side does nothing for the lashes..basically it sucks..its not a dramatic look..its more of a natural look..so if your going for the natural look..then buy this..even thenn the price isnt worth it..i recommend full n soft by maybelline.

I purchased this to replace my Bourjois Coup De Theatre. I saw it on 2 for 1 while on holiday in the States, which along with the exchange rate being in my favour meant I got each tube for about 1/4 of the British RRP, so I can't really complain in any case.
It has less obvious fibres than my CDT, which has the advantage of not producing long but splintery-looking lashes as the CDT did. Also, the black phase does not pull the fibres back off the lashes again.
I was put off 2-phase mascaras by L'Oreal's horrible Volume Shocking, but this has restored my faith. It gives good, reliable results. Easy to build up over a couple of coats without clumping provided you use a good lash comb. Packaging is sturdy and chunky, with a satisfying "click" when it is fully closed.
Not the most astounding mascara I have ever used, but a good cheap basic which I would purchase again (preferably on another 2 for 1 offer).

I bought this because it was on sale at CVS. It's nice for a Maybelline mascara (which isn't saying much). The formula is extremely wet so it's messy to apply. It does give good length and thickness but it also gives some serious clumps. The primer is pretty useless, but then again most of them seem to be, with the exception of Smashbox's. A much better drugstore option, for me at least, is Max Factor's Lash Lift. I won't be buying this one again.