Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.7

on 3/28/2006 9:28:00 PM

I have to say that I too am surprised at the low reviews for this product! I have tried many mascaras; too many; and I adore this brand! Like so many others have all ready said; you have to apply this mascara correctly; working on one eye at a time. If you do then I think you'll be quite happy!! I have long lashes anyway and so have never used a curler but goodness this seperates and curls the lashes just great! The recommendation for this product came from a student; I teach High School. This young lady has amazing eyes that everyone comments on and she and I were talking one day after school when she pulled out her "make-up" bag to freshen up before heading off to her part time job. I thought she probably was just "born with it" as the commerical goes; but I was shocked as she actually took Pond's eye make-up remover and a cotton ball and took off all her eye-make up in just minutes!! Then she re-applied everything ending with the Intense XXL! I was amazed at the before and after! She told me she never went anywhere without her XXL mascara and I made a mental note!! Who says we can't learn from the young ~ in fact they teach me a lot on a daily basis!! I agree with some of the other reviewers who like the product; I usually toss it after three or four weeks and buy another but for the price and results it's worth it ~

on 10/23/2010 9:23:00 PM

Very surprised by the low rating for this. I find this to be an excellent mascara. Very easy to use with a sensible sized brush. Primer goes on really nicely and the mascara makes my lashes look really luscious. My main concern with mascara is whether it will last the day without smearing or flaking. This one definitely stays put and yet it comes off quite easily at the end of the day with my foaming cleanser. Very impressed and I would definitely buy it again.

Have had this mascara ages and it never seems to dry out. it give me long and thick lashes without clumping.

on 2/21/2008 2:54:00 PM

If you want long, spiky lashes, then I would try this. I saw a picture of myself and my lashes were almost too long for daytime. So if you are seeking an artificial lash or nighttime look without spending too much, give this a try. The wand is very short which creates a problem with application - it's awkward and I have to switch hands to get the outer lashes. (Makes me wonder if the marketing people actually USE the product before they send it out.) Once this mascara starts getting old (around week six-eight), as with most mascaras, it starts clumping and it looks bad on your lashes. I think the problem most are having with the primer is that they try to get too much on - a couple of good swipes works, plus not letting the primer dry completely. You don't have to totally coat your lashes with the primer and if you do, the look is sort of "overkill."

on 11/14/2007 7:23:00 PM

I got this dirt cheap at BJ's, and didn't like it at first. Then,I tried it again when I ran out of my usual...
(lancome, several formulas, l'oreal voluminous, or clinique high-impact are my favorites at the moment)....liked it better after working with it a few times. For me it is time-consuming to put the primer on and all that, but the product does seem to look fresh for quite a long time, longer than most, so for that I gave it a 4.

on 8/24/2006 10:44:00 AM

I am replacing my original review of this product. Since then, I tried two other highly rated mascaras, one drugstore brand and one very expensive department store brand. The comparison has really worked in Intense XXL's favor. This mascara/primer combination lengthens and adds volume without the fake, clumped look of some volumizing mascaras. It's now on my repurchase list.

I hated this mascara. Worst I have used in ages. Didn't do anything for my lashes. Junk! Waste of money.