Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.3

Great mascara that gives a very dramatic look to lashes. Love this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara! I'm Asian so my lashes are almost nonexistent. This mascara gives me a super full flirty look with a coat of one of each end. The brush size is perfect to get all of the smaller lashes. The formula dries quickly, step 2 can be applied quickly after. It's definitely my HG drugstore mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybelline Intense XXL Volume+Length Microfiber Mascara is a lash primer and mascara duo. I purchased it in Gloss for $8.99 AUD, I think it was on sale. I haven't seen this mascara in any US stores. I'm not sure why as I think this is a great mascara.
I'll start off by reviewing Step 1, the microfiber lash primer. Like most lash primers, its white and a little goopy. Not goopy in a way that would clump your lashes, but in a thickening way. The primer seems to have a lot of microfibers visible in it and I find it very lengthening and a bit thickening. Sometimes I even wear it with other mascaras. I've only tried 2 other lash primers and this one certainly tops them in both lengthening and thickening.
Now for the actual mascara. As I've said before, I love Maybelline mascaras and this is no exception. Combined with the primer this is very lengthening while keeping my lashes looking fairly natural. Like other Maybelline mascaras I have no flaking, smudging, itching, or irritation. I get all day wear from this.
Removal is easy due to the microfiber base, but is fairly water resistant without makeup remover.
Both the primer and mascara have the same long, thing, straight brush with traditional bristles. The shape of the brush makes it easy to get right to the roots of the lashes for extra volume and length. The tapered tip also helps to get into the inner corners for those small lashes.
I definitely recommend this excellent mascara duo if you can find it. I hope it's not discontinued, as I really want to repurchase it.

on 3/7/2011 2:37:00 PM

I've been through 3 or 4 tubes of this mascara so far. I like it. Leaves your lashes looking long and full. The only problem I have is that I can't find it as easily as I used to!

on 3/5/2011 10:21:00 PM

7-8 mascaras in rotation at all times and I keep coming back to this product. This and an eyelash curler make for a long fringe of lashes that look thick, yet natural. I keep buying it because the fiber end gets really yucky (thickened) very quickly for some reason. Thankfully it's cheap enough to replace more often than 3 months. If I take my time and apply this evenly and carefully, it lasts all day and night. A bit difficult to remove at night (takes more patience IMO) but it worth it. Best of all my lashes stay relatively flexible. This is a staple.

on 3/3/2011 4:18:00 AM

WOW! I love this product so much, the primer included, it makes my lashes super long with a nice thickness. Very volumized. I adore this product so much, the more you put on - the more dramatic the look is. I would really recommend this to friends !

on 7/13/2010 1:32:00 AM

i loved this mascara, and i'm so sad that it has been discontinued. i use to get so many compliments on my lashes. now i'm on the search to find a replace, after 6 years of loyalty. If any one knows of a good alternative please let me know.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

WOW!!!!!!! This stuff is FABULOUS!

My bare eyelashes are long and naturally curled, but sparse in some bits.
Intense XXL makes them look uniform, gives the right amount of thickness, and gives the impression that I used a curler because they're reaching out to my eyebrows like never before. I love it, I don't need more makeup than this for daily use.

No clumps (even if i keep passing the wand over and over), very nice definition, no funky smells like other mascaras, and most importantly, they make my eyes POP!
Also, if i screw up and paint my eyelids, it is extremely easy to remove with a q-tip.

Completely worth my 5 dollars. I'll be sticking with this one for some time.

on 1/20/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This mascara was the closest thing to perfect I'd ever come around before my Smashbox. But due to my decision to only buy cruelty-free products (and the fact that it seems to have been pulled from production in my country) I stopped using it.

I have short and very straight lashes and the white primer lengthened and curled them really well. This worked so well on me though, that I only used the primer for party looks because it could get a bit extreme for my everyday look.

The black one didn't disappoint me either. It curled and lengthened and evaded spider eyes. Just what I'm looking for in a mascara.

on 1/11/2010 11:42:00 PM

i love this mascara. it makes my lashes look longer and blacker. i hate clumping and this gives me the least amount of clumping with the best visual results. girls and guys have asked if my lashes are fake when i wear this mascara. that's how long they look! it's my secret weapon. i've tried mac, dior, benefit, all kinds of more expensive mascara and none of them give me the results i want. oh, and on my wedding day i wore the waterproof version of this and it did not budge!