REVLON Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

REVLON Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

3.5

on 4/16/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't speak to longevity yet, but as for color, I love it!!! It is a true charcoal shade. I have almost black hair, lashes and brows. I was using Rimmel Taupe eyeliner for a soft thickening effect on my mascara-less lashes. Then the thought of using a charcoal color came to me and it seemed brilliant. Of course black works well, but can make me look too done up for casual tmes. I had tried blue, black brown, nothing seemed perfect. I am very impressed. There are no glitter specs in this shade too which is nice. It is just a true beautiful charcoal shade. I am MAC Nw20, brown eyes and 3n (almost black) hair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use this all the time, until i noticed that it SMEARS terribly by a few hours. what i really like though, is that it comes on really BOLD.

on 12/2/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Even though I don't like the packaging of this product, I'm still impressed with its lasting power. I have oily eyelids and because of that I have to be keen in choosing eyeliners. When I applied it, I thought it was going to smudge but I waited the whole day and it didn't. Plus it didn't fade or dried my lashes. It's one of my favorites.

Hope this helps <3

on 4/15/2011 2:57:00 PM

I bought this solely for my bottom waterline because my cousin swears by this eyeliner. Fail. I resembled a panda when I previewed my face on her camera. Will never buy this again. In addition, I've purchased Prestige's Total Intensity Eyeliner and can't wait to try it out based on the rave reviews here in MUA. Hope it performs better than Colorstay.

on 12/6/2010 9:22:00 PM

I have been wearing makeup for four years. I have never used up a product UNTIL this eyeliner. That's how good it is. The color is amazing! I didn't think much of it at first, but as I started wearing it the more and more I liked it. It compliments black eyes beautifully. It's prefect for everyday wear as it's not as harsh as black. (Sometimes I find black eyeliner to close the eye or make them look smaller. Instead of wearing a thin black line I like to wear a thick gray line) I also find that the color is a pearl finish, it definitely isn't a flat matte. It somehow just looks super sexy. It also doesn't smudge, although most eyeliner don't smudge on me anyway. <3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this liner! I have dark brown eyes and I always wear eyeliner. My lashes are actually black, so I feel like black liner looks okay on me, but it's sometimes too harsh for every day. I try to soften things up with a plum or gray liner, and this works great.

I was very worried it would be shiny, but it looks like a nice dark matte gray on me. In fact, once it's applied along with mascara it's not obviously gray at all- it helps thicken up my lash line like I want, but it's dark enough that it doesn't look like a huge gray line on my eyelid.

The packaging is okay. There's a sharpener built into the end that's really convenient, but the swivel function can be annoying- sometimes it sortof swivels up or down when I'm trying to apply. The consistency isn't my favorite, but it's certainly not a dealbreaker: I wish it were a little softer, but it's not so hard that it's difficult to apply. I just have to go over the lines a little bit more.

All in all I love this liner. Great for a softer everyday look, and drugstore products are super convenient to repurchase (no special trips to the mall!).

on 8/6/2010 2:33:00 AM

I got this as part of the smarteokey quad eyeshadow and mascara set. I was excited to try it on because it has this beautiful ash gray color with a hint of metallic color. But the excitement died down when I started to notice that the liner smeared on my lower lashline..urrrrgggghhhhh! what a shame! colorstay they say? i don't think so.. =(

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I always use colorstay and I'm pretty happy with their black liner, but this one is not as good. The color is just not that interesting, too light gray, not charcoalish at all. It also doesn't seem to have the same staying power as the black does. I wouldn't buy this color again, but I still like their eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was expecting a lot out of the colorstay eyeliners since I have extremely oily lids, but these didn't really meet my expectations. I wanted a charcoal color as an alternative to black, but this is more of a light grey color for me. It's too light to use on my upper eye lids, so I use it as a subtle liner on my lower lashline. It doesn't last on my waterline at all, but it stays on decently on my lower lashline. Only decently.

It's a pretty hard liner, and I find that they skip a little, and I have to use some pressure to apply this evenly. I'll use these up since they're alright, but I won't repurchase again.

I was looking for a pencil liner that would be selfsharpening, smooth and longlasting, for when I go travelling (don't always have time to use gel liner/brush) and this is perfect. It looks nice and not as harsh as black during the day, and even after hours on the go, including the beach, it stayed in place and didn't give me raccoon eyes. I don't care for the sharpener, but it does the job.