Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this liner! It's a charcoal grey that doesn't budge all day long. I think that it flatters my light blue green eyecolor so much. I have repurchased it a few times.

on 10/8/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I really like the charcoal liner. The pigment is just right -- you can see it and it creates definition without looking harsh on my older, fair skin. It goes on so smoothly and is easy to smudge, but it stays put all day, which is the most important thing to me, as I tend to rub my eyes without thinking.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this liner! I have dark brown eyes and I always wear eyeliner. My lashes are actually black, so I feel like black liner looks okay on me, but it's sometimes too harsh for every day. I try to soften things up with a plum or gray liner, and this works great.

I was very worried it would be shiny, but it looks like a nice dark matte gray on me. In fact, once it's applied along with mascara it's not obviously gray at all- it helps thicken up my lash line like I want, but it's dark enough that it doesn't look like a huge gray line on my eyelid.

The packaging is okay. There's a sharpener built into the end that's really convenient, but the swivel function can be annoying- sometimes it sortof swivels up or down when I'm trying to apply. The consistency isn't my favorite, but it's certainly not a dealbreaker: I wish it were a little softer, but it's not so hard that it's difficult to apply. I just have to go over the lines a little bit more.

All in all I love this liner. Great for a softer everyday look, and drugstore products are super convenient to repurchase (no special trips to the mall!).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was expecting a lot out of the colorstay eyeliners since I have extremely oily lids, but these didn't really meet my expectations. I wanted a charcoal color as an alternative to black, but this is more of a light grey color for me. It's too light to use on my upper eye lids, so I use it as a subtle liner on my lower lashline. It doesn't last on my waterline at all, but it stays on decently on my lower lashline. Only decently.

It's a pretty hard liner, and I find that they skip a little, and I have to use some pressure to apply this evenly. I'll use these up since they're alright, but I won't repurchase again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have finally found the perfect charcoal eyeliner!!! I've been searching for something like this for over a year now. Previously, I've been using Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeliner in "Brushed Pewter", which is lovely pewter gray with shimmer that glides on effortlessly. My only gripe with it is that it tends to smudge throughout the day and then disappear. I tried other charcoal/gray eyeliners, only to be disappointed time and time again by a product that just isn't the right color, doesn't last long enough, or is way too expensive. Then I discovered Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in "Charcoal." It's available at drugstores and I got it for only $9.99! Mine had a little label that said "new richer color", so I'm guessing that my shade is a little different from the ones described in the older reviews. I'm glad I found this newer version because the color is absolutely PERFECT. It is indeed charcoal, without being too black or too gray. On my eyes, it looks very sooty and sultry. I love it! I don't like wearing black eyeliner because I find that it is just way too harsh for daytime (and nighttime too, if you ask me). I tend to stick with dark browns, so having this eyeliner is a nice change for me. It gives me eyes definition without looking too overdone. I am also extremely pleased with the staying power (this stuff does NOT fade or smudge!) and how it doesn't tug at my eyelids as some long-wearing eyeliners do. I will repurchase this over and over again.

on 11/11/2009 2:50:00 PM

I like this charcoal color. Black eyeliner is just too much for me. I prefer a more natural and subtle look and this charcoal color is perfect for it. It glides on easily, have a sharpener build in. Its texture is silky and smooth compared to a lot of pencil eyeliner. I can't comment on its staying power as I only used this on my upper lid, and not on the water line. On the upper lid, of course, it stays all day long.

on 4/10/2009 6:35:00 AM

Yay, finally something that works on me! This is really pretty and makes my dark brown eyes pop and it stays on without smudging!!! It really buggs me if eyeliner smudges because I have monolid + heavy lid. Another good thing tihs can achieve is that it doesnt give you the dirty look if you put this on you water line / lowerlash line :) Love this thing~~

on 4/30/2007 5:15:00 AM

This is the worst out of all the colorstay liners! It doesn't glide well, its impossible to line your waterline with it, and the color is way lighter than a "charcoal" liner should be. My lids are irritated from trying to apply this and make something stick to my eyelid.

on 11/8/2005 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love Revlon Colorstay eyeliner. My first purchase was the shade Vixen and I loved it! I thought I would go with a cooler shade, but not harsh so I picked charcoal. Mistake, it didn't seem to glide on as well as the Vixen, it was light grey - I have big dark baby blues and it did nothing for my eyes, I immediately tossed it in "file 13" no need to waste the small amount of space it will take up!