Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

3.8

on 6/12/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a bit disappointed in this color. Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in "Black Brown" is my staple HQ, and I was hoping that I could say the same of the Charcoal color. However, while the charcoal liner did come out a solid, matte grey, it faded rapidly throughout the day and I had to reapply about 4 hrs in. The black and black brown shades both stay for much longer than that (at least 8 hrs) and are both noticeably darker than this grey color.

On the other hand, it's not a total loss because this is a great eyeliner for if you want to add some punch to your eyes without looking like you are obviously wearing eyeshadow. I particularly like to use this on my bottom eyelid so it's a great way to outline your eye without making it seem too harsh.

on 12/2/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Even though I don't like the packaging of this product, I'm still impressed with its lasting power. I have oily eyelids and because of that I have to be keen in choosing eyeliners. When I applied it, I thought it was going to smudge but I waited the whole day and it didn't. Plus it didn't fade or dried my lashes. It's one of my favorites.

Hope this helps <3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was expecting a lot out of the colorstay eyeliners since I have extremely oily lids, but these didn't really meet my expectations. I wanted a charcoal color as an alternative to black, but this is more of a light grey color for me. It's too light to use on my upper eye lids, so I use it as a subtle liner on my lower lashline. It doesn't last on my waterline at all, but it stays on decently on my lower lashline. Only decently.

It's a pretty hard liner, and I find that they skip a little, and I have to use some pressure to apply this evenly. I'll use these up since they're alright, but I won't repurchase again.

on 7/8/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've always used Revlon colorstay eyeliner, but this is my first time using it in charcoal. I love it. I have been using taupe, but this color is perfect for me. I have fair skin and blue/green eyes. It looks great. I'm going to be sticking to this color, it's awesome. It's not as harsh as the dark brown/black.