Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

3.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this liner! It's a charcoal grey that doesn't budge all day long. I think that it flatters my light blue green eyecolor so much. I have repurchased it a few times.

on 10/8/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I really like the charcoal liner. The pigment is just right -- you can see it and it creates definition without looking harsh on my older, fair skin. It goes on so smoothly and is easy to smudge, but it stays put all day, which is the most important thing to me, as I tend to rub my eyes without thinking.

on 4/16/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't speak to longevity yet, but as for color, I love it!!! It is a true charcoal shade. I have almost black hair, lashes and brows. I was using Rimmel Taupe eyeliner for a soft thickening effect on my mascara-less lashes. Then the thought of using a charcoal color came to me and it seemed brilliant. Of course black works well, but can make me look too done up for casual tmes. I had tried blue, black brown, nothing seemed perfect. I am very impressed. There are no glitter specs in this shade too which is nice. It is just a true beautiful charcoal shade. I am MAC Nw20, brown eyes and 3n (almost black) hair.

on 11/17/2013 1:29:00 PM

Love this eyeliner pencil - nice smoky grey colour and doesn't budge all day (and I MEAN doesn't budge - even after i've washed my face twice there's usually still traces - I remove these with a cotton bud and a bit of vaseline). Like that there's no sharpening involved..just twist the bottom to push more of the pencil up. Convenient!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm on my second thingy of this eyeliner. I really like it, a lot. It goes on smooth and easy, it's in a twist-able container, and u can sharpen it with the built in sharpener to get a finer/thinner line. It comes off really easy with make-up remover. I wear this eyeliner everyday of my life. I don't go anywhere without it on.

I use this in black and I absolutely LOVE it! I've used MAC eyeliner and compared to this, it's way too chalky. Revlon Colorstay is by far the best eyeliner out there. Drugstore and department store! You get what you pay for and more!!!!!!!!

on 12/6/2010 9:22:00 PM

I have been wearing makeup for four years. I have never used up a product UNTIL this eyeliner. That's how good it is. The color is amazing! I didn't think much of it at first, but as I started wearing it the more and more I liked it. It compliments black eyes beautifully. It's prefect for everyday wear as it's not as harsh as black. (Sometimes I find black eyeliner to close the eye or make them look smaller. Instead of wearing a thin black line I like to wear a thick gray line) I also find that the color is a pearl finish, it definitely isn't a flat matte. It somehow just looks super sexy. It also doesn't smudge, although most eyeliner don't smudge on me anyway. <3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this liner! I have dark brown eyes and I always wear eyeliner. My lashes are actually black, so I feel like black liner looks okay on me, but it's sometimes too harsh for every day. I try to soften things up with a plum or gray liner, and this works great.

I was very worried it would be shiny, but it looks like a nice dark matte gray on me. In fact, once it's applied along with mascara it's not obviously gray at all- it helps thicken up my lash line like I want, but it's dark enough that it doesn't look like a huge gray line on my eyelid.

The packaging is okay. There's a sharpener built into the end that's really convenient, but the swivel function can be annoying- sometimes it sortof swivels up or down when I'm trying to apply. The consistency isn't my favorite, but it's certainly not a dealbreaker: I wish it were a little softer, but it's not so hard that it's difficult to apply. I just have to go over the lines a little bit more.

All in all I love this liner. Great for a softer everyday look, and drugstore products are super convenient to repurchase (no special trips to the mall!).

on 8/2/2010 5:19:00 AM

This is a medium/dark grey eye pencil. It lasts the whole day, applies fairly smoothly and is pigmented. My main con is the price which is absolutely ridiculous in SA. That is the reason I won't buy again.

on 6/27/2010 9:36:00 PM

i LOVE this! i had been looking for a charcoal or dark gray color to use instead of black, since black is so harsh. love love LOVE this eyeliner! it glides on perfectly for me, love the twist up, and the included sharpener to make the tip at a point to wing out the liner! it's such a great idea! the color is perfect for smoky eyes too! i wore it to the pool and it stays on 100% without smudging or fading. it's PERFECT. definitely would buy this again.