Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Colourstay eyeliners don't come in very dark shades, at least when I was looking for it, so I had to settle for charcoal, which is the second darkest shade , after vixen ( a dark brown- I hate brown eyeliners because for some reason they don't suit me that well). Charcoal is a bluish gray colour, not dark at all. It doesn't go on that nicely and I have to repeat the line a few times to make the colour show up properly. It's very hard to make the colour go on the upper eyelid. It's also virtually impossible for the liner to go on the waterline. This eyeliner was okay in the beginning but I think it hardened because I stored it without the lid. I wouldn't bother repurchasing.

on 11/8/2005 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love Revlon Colorstay eyeliner. My first purchase was the shade Vixen and I loved it! I thought I would go with a cooler shade, but not harsh so I picked charcoal. Mistake, it didn't seem to glide on as well as the Vixen, it was light grey - I have big dark baby blues and it did nothing for my eyes, I immediately tossed it in "file 13" no need to waste the small amount of space it will take up!

This is my everyday eyeliner and a total staple for me. The gray is a change from regular brown or black and I think looks especially nice with brown eyes :) The lasting power is pretty good and most of the time I don't notice any smudging. If I line my bottom lids, and I sweat, or get caught in the rain, or if there's any humidity in the air, it's pretty certain I'll end up with racoon eyes though. Still a good buy.

on 4/23/2006 3:33:00 AM

I am Asian, with very deep brown eyes and hence this colours suits me alot. Its a miz of grey and black to me. Goes on smoothly, draws a thin to medium line, stays on well and does not need sharpending. Recently i bought the dark blue one, and it was not as nice a colour. Find that this product is wayyy better than the Loreal one, and same quality as Maybelline and Bourjois.

on 5/9/2006 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Over all good eyeliner

on 8/23/2006 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is definitely not the most exciting product in the world, but it's a good, reliable, long-lasting medium-to-dark gray self-sharpening pencil liner, and it suits my purposes perfectly.

I use it to line my lower lids, and even on my super-oily skin it has decent staying power. I alternate it with the same product in Dark Brown, depending on the color of my shadows.

This liner is a staple for me, so I'll keep buying!

on 4/30/2007 5:15:00 AM

This is the worst out of all the colorstay liners! It doesn't glide well, its impossible to line your waterline with it, and the color is way lighter than a "charcoal" liner should be. My lids are irritated from trying to apply this and make something stick to my eyelid.

on 5/8/2007 1:21:00 PM

This is a fantastic, dependable self-sharpening eyeliner. It's creamy so it goes on smooth but becomes matte so it stays put. And the pigmentation is just right--not too light, not too dark...I'm beginning to sound like a Revlon ad. Give it a try ladies!

Good eyeliner, but I'm in love with the color! Makes my hazel colored eyes pop! One complaint I have though is that it does smudge. At the end of the school day, I need to wipe off some of the eyeliner.

on 7/8/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've always used Revlon colorstay eyeliner, but this is my first time using it in charcoal. I love it. I have been using taupe, but this color is perfect for me. I have fair skin and blue/green eyes. It looks great. I'm going to be sticking to this color, it's awesome. It's not as harsh as the dark brown/black.