Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

Revlon Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal

3.6

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Goes on easily; smudges just as easily. I have deepset hooded eyes, and this liner makes me look like a gray panda.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this liner! It's a charcoal grey that doesn't budge all day long. I think that it flatters my light blue green eyecolor so much. I have repurchased it a few times.

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/21/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite every day eyeliner! I know a lot of people don't care for the "gummy" consistency of the crayon liners, but I've found that, for me, it helps to keep it from smudging. This is my favorite color, too. I have fair skin so the black is a little too harsh, and I don't like brown eyeliners very much. This is the perfect dark grey color.

on 10/8/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like the charcoal liner. The pigment is just right -- you can see it and it creates definition without looking harsh on my older, fair skin. It goes on so smoothly and is easy to smudge, but it stays put all day, which is the most important thing to me, as I tend to rub my eyes without thinking.

on 12/21/2014 4:58:00 AM

I love the colour of this liner, it's perfect for day-time wear. But, and this is a deal breaker for me, it doesn't apply smoothly. I have to go over again and again and even then it looks patchy/uneven close ups. Also it takes a vigorous rub trying to take it off. I am sure there are better alternatives out there, so I will not repurchase.

on 4/16/2014 11:58:00 AM

I can't speak to longevity yet, but as for color, I love it!!! It is a true charcoal shade. I have almost black hair, lashes and brows. I was using Rimmel Taupe eyeliner for a soft thickening effect on my mascara-less lashes. Then the thought of using a charcoal color came to me and it seemed brilliant. Of course black works well, but can make me look too done up for casual tmes. I had tried blue, black brown, nothing seemed perfect. I am very impressed. There are no glitter specs in this shade too which is nice. It is just a true beautiful charcoal shade. I am MAC Nw20, brown eyes and 3n (almost black) hair.

on 11/17/2013 1:29:00 PM

Love this eyeliner pencil - nice smoky grey colour and doesn't budge all day (and I MEAN doesn't budge - even after i've washed my face twice there's usually still traces - I remove these with a cotton bud and a bit of vaseline). Like that there's no sharpening involved..just twist the bottom to push more of the pencil up. Convenient!

on 2/20/2013 3:57:00 AM

Does not smear or fade,stays on all day long without a problem. Agree with others who complained about this eyeliner being a bit too difficult to remove,plus,wish we got a bit more product. The heavy duty formula is great regardless,would buy again.

on 6/12/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a bit disappointed in this color. Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in "Black Brown" is my staple HQ, and I was hoping that I could say the same of the Charcoal color. However, while the charcoal liner did come out a solid, matte grey, it faded rapidly throughout the day and I had to reapply about 4 hrs in. The black and black brown shades both stay for much longer than that (at least 8 hrs) and are both noticeably darker than this grey color.

On the other hand, it's not a total loss because this is a great eyeliner for if you want to add some punch to your eyes without looking like you are obviously wearing eyeshadow. I particularly like to use this on my bottom eyelid so it's a great way to outline your eye without making it seem too harsh.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use this all the time, until i noticed that it SMEARS terribly by a few hours. what i really like though, is that it comes on really BOLD.