Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam

Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sucrose, Disodium Phosphate, Arginine Cocoate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cola Nitida (Kola) Seed Extract, Caffeine, Algae Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Sea Whip Extract, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ppg-6 Decyltetradeceth-30, Lactobacillus Ferment, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Longifolene, Acetyl Glucosamine, Capryloyl Glycine, Perilla Aldehyde, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beta-Caryophyllene, Phospholipids, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol 5/20/09

This feels thin.....I like more of a lather (thicker) but I’m getting used to it. I prefer acne solutions bar soap I can make a thicker lather. Just personal preference both work well for keeping my face clear. These are very economical I’ve had the same oily skin bar soap it is fine but I needed a medicated soap.. #winning

on 3/5/2018 4:35:00 AM

The product is sold under The Anti-Blemish Cleansing Foam in the EU.
It is an excellent second-step cleansing product for oilier acne-prone skin-types. People with dryer skin (with acne) should use it only in warmer more humid weather otherwise it can be too drying on the skin.

It contains 2% Salicylic Acid that is the maximum allowed concentration for OTC-products in the US and for cosmetics in the EU.
It has some humectants and skin conditioners (to counteract the dryer feel) and a blend of very mild surfactants.
It contains also some excellent anti-inflammatory ingredients that can counteract the drying effect of Salicylic Acid.

It used to contain Peppermint, which is an irritant. It has been removed from the entire line.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2%
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sucrose, Disodium Phosphate, Arginine Cocoate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cola Nitida (Kola) Seed Extract, Caffeine, Algae Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ppg-6 Decyltetradeceth-30, Lactobacillus Ferment, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Longifolene, Acetyl Glucosamine, Capryloyl Glycine, Perilla Aldehyde, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beta-Caryophyllene, Phospholipids, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol

on 12/16/2017 10:15:00 AM

I had bought so many bottles of this pump cleanser over 10 years ago when it first came out to the market & it was first called anti blemish & they eventually changed it to their acne solutions line I think the only reason I bought it was just to get the free bonus gift 🎁! Bc back then by just buying one bottle of this face wash was enough for the bonus but now you have to spend more money to qualify for the free gift
In the beginning of using this cleanser I really like it bc it was really easy to use & my skin felt really clean & I have very oily skin especially on my t zone
But recently I'm using a smaller size of this from their starter kit & im finding out that this cleanser is really drying on my face! Maybe Bc it's winter now but I won't be rebuying it!
But

on 10/26/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this product twice a day. I love it and wouldn't go without it. My skin is clear and actually feels clean after every wash.
I did buy this as a set which included Acne Solutions Clarifying lotion and a clearing gel. That was way too much for my skin and did cause some dryness and irritation.
My twice daily skin care is now Clinique AS Cleansing Foam, Regular Clinique Clarifying lotion #4 and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.
My skin has never looked better.

on 5/18/2016 6:04:00 PM

Didn't help with acne and dried out my skin.

on 12/9/2015 3:02:00 PM

Ok I am not a fan of these foam-type cleansers, they just don't seem to do the job. In addition to this one I have also tried foam cleansers from Caudalie and Ole Henriksen, and they always seem to be so wimpy and never leave my face feeling really and truly clean.

The cleanser comes out of the pump dispenser as a frothy mousse- which is mostly air. Not product. Air!

Cleansers of this type just aren't for me. For reference, I have skin that is combo-oily, clog-prone, and not at all sensitive.

I am a fan of Clinique products but this one wasn't a winner for me. Wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm....I have mixed feelings on this one....I was using it religiously because it's so damn easy to use...but it wasn't helping to clear anything up...I love the smell...I love a lot about this cleanser....but it just doesn't do the job... and I hate that. Maybe my skin doesn't adjust, OR MAYBE my skin just isn't fazed by this cleanser. So while I'm not using it everyday anymore....I think I ll still buy it n own and then for those super lazy days when I dont want to do a thorough clean I guess..
It is a pump, and that sure is convenient, but it can be expensive for me, because it just doesn't really work...
I think this would work well for ppl who don't have much acne, or who don't need to clear up much

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the entire Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step system for over a year now (this product is step 1), and I can honestly say that it has completely changed my skin for the better. I used to have mild-moderate acne and somewhat oily skin, but within about a week of using this system, my skin began to clear up. I now have no acne or noticeable acne scars, and I almost never get breakouts! People actually compliment me on my skin now, which is something I never would have imagined before I started using this system!

Anyway, specific to the cleanser: I use this cleanser twice a day, and it is the only cleanser I use. It comes out of the pump as a nice, smooth foam, and it lathers well when I spread it over my face. It's not scented and it doesn't leave a tingly feeling or anything, but it still feels really good and gentle. When I'm done washing, my skin feels only the tiniest bit tight, but that is easily remedied with a light moisturizer (which I use after steps 2 and 3 in the acne solutions system). As for cleansing ability, I would say that this product does an OK job at removing makeup and dirty, but I would advise using a makeup remover to take off your foundation and eye makeup prior to using this cleanser.

I gave this product 4/5 for packaging because the pump makes me go through product very quickly, and sometimes when I travel, it spill in to my makeup bag. I recently bought the newly released gel version of this product, because the Clinique consultant told me that it would last longer and spill less. That said, don't let the packaging stop you from purchasing this - mine would still last ~1-2 months, which is nothing to complain about!

A final note on this product and the rest of the Acne Solutions system: I've seen a lot of ladies saying that they started this system but had to stop because it dried out their skin really badly. Full disclosure: this dried my skin out for about the first ~1 week. I was about to return the products for something else, but I called my Clinique consultant, and she told me that this is normal at first and recommended cutting back on steps 2 and 3 (the clarifying lotion and all-over treatment) to just once a day or every other day. I was skeptical, but I took her advice, and I'm so glad I did! The dryness went away after about one week (and so did my acne!), and although I do use a moisturizer (I like Olay, but I've heard Clinique's Moisture Surge is excellent) after I use this system, I have no problems with dryness whatsoever. So my advice to ladies who may be experiencing dryness within the first few days of using this system is to stick it out for a week or two - your skin will adjust so that it is no longer dry, and your acne will disappear (yay!).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with the other reviews; my skin is closer towards the oily side with dry cheeks and an oily t-zone however, this product was too harsh even when I used it only on my forehead and chin.

I would not use this again as it made my face tight and uncomfortable and I saw no visible results. Definitely not the best experience.

on 5/1/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foam is my favorite I used it every single day ... since 3 years ago and it still make my skin feel very clean and without blemishes like before I found it. The only think I really dont like is that in my country its a little bit more expensive about 26 dollars :( but i love it so much that I buy it over and over again I truly recomend this product to a person that have some little breackouts it prevent them very well the only thing is that i wont recomend it to dry skins