Maybelline Colorama - Candy Apple

Price: $

on 8/14/2016 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Just had to get on here to rave about this beauty. First it's a classic red a tiny bit warm but on me it's quite neutral. It reminds me of Essie aperitif. However unlike that I only needed one coat for a beautiful glossy finish. it applies smoothly, can't comment on lasting power because I just wore it for the first time. I'll get update on wear time in a few days but so far am impressed

on 11/2/2013 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I haven't worn nail polish in years so I can't really compare this to anything else. But I LOVE this polish and colour. The polish I got with this name is a perfect scarlet blood-red colour. It goes on thick and you only need one coat to get that Dracula look. I don't know how long it lasts because I just put it on.

on 3/3/2007 11:30:00 AM

There definitely must be two versions of this product. Because the Candy Apple that I have is not Red. The one that I have is a Deep Pink. For .97 this can't be beat. I love the small bottles and I think that the brush is fantastic. I will definitely purchase more of these in the future.

on 10/22/2006 1:22:00 AM

I like to use this shade on my toes because it is a very bright pinkish-red color that is really pretty. No sparkles, but it is very glossy. I only applied one coat and that was all I needed and it didn't look unbalanced or streaky, but it looked like I had already used a basecoat and topcoat with it! I am very pleased with the whole line of colorama polishes, and I always use pink cadilac on my fingers because I like the more sheer shades there. Overall I think this color is great!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't know why one of the previous reviewers stated that this isn't a red shade, becuase if I've ever seen a red polish, this is it. This is a very strong warm-based red creme polish (no shimmer) that is just deep enough to be elegant and non-tacky. Goes on smooth without any streaks, dries very quickly and stays on just as well as all Colorama polish - a long time. Signature red for me, will repurchase.

on 3/11/2008 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I'm confused with other reviewers.
This is the most candy-apple-like red there ever was. It's a deep red. A *RED* red. In certain lighting it looks slightly cool, blue-based, but other than that, it's simply RED.
One coat is enough, I don't use a base or a top coat. The finish is glossy, not shimmery, lasts up to three-four days, then the color becomes a little dull (I can prolong it by applying a top coat) and starts to chip.
The brush is perfect and allows for a very precise application.

on 9/11/2005 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I BOUGHT THIS ON SALE AT WALGREENS WITH A "2/$3" COUPON. IT GOES ON REALLY SMOOTH, AND IT LASTED ABOUT TWO WEEKS ON MY TOENAILS WITH ONLY MINIMAL TOUCHUPS. I ONLY REMOVED IT BECAUSE MY NAILS WERE GROWING OUT AND THERE WAS A SLIGHT GAP AT THE BASE. THIS IS THE BEST POLISH I HAVE USED IN A LONG TIME. I HAVEN'T WORN POLISH ON MY FINGERNAILS FOR YEARS BECAUSE IT NEVER LASTED MORE THAN A FEW DAYS, BUT I MAY TRY THIS ON THEM. I ALSO BOUGHT "CORAL REEF" BUT HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET.

on 7/11/2005 4:50:00 AM

*candy apple* is NOT red, so if youre looking for a bright red nailpolish, this isnt it. its actually a deep, bright pink that is a great summer color. the staying power is excellent, actually over 5 days! i apply a base coat, two coats of this (and it doesnt streak, another plus), and a top coat, and the color lasts for at least two weeks before turning dull. for $1.99 a bottle, i couldnt ask for more.

Popular Polishes