Talika EyeLash Conditioning Gel

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.6

It works!
I started out with a small sized tube (0.14oz - 4,2ml) and ended up buying the 0.34oz (10ml) version.
It conditions and hydrates the lashes beautifully and I noticed an improvement only after a few days of application (once a day, in the morning). I have been using it for about a month now and my lashes are stronger, lusher and softer to the touch. I couldn't say if they are longer or thicker (I'm lucky enough to have always had very long and thick eyelashes, also now that I'm in my mid 40s), but for sure they look better, the results are noticeable.

on 10/30/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Expensive.
Works great on my lashes.
Lasts and lasts.

I've been using this for over 3 months. At this point, I only put it on at night for maintainance. I had an horrible experience with the makeup artist at my friends wedding. Needless to say, after she was finished with me, I left the wedding with far fewer lashes than I began the day with. I was devastated. After researching MUA and YT, I decided to try Talika. It has been amazing. My lashes grew back super quick, and I think they're thicker. I even use this on my eyebrows (they're pretty skimpy), and I see a difference.

I would recommend this to anyone. It's totally worth a try.

on 1/17/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried lash condition with DHC and it didn't work and the brush is hard, when I tried this one I notice the significant growth, yeah it's a bit pricey but it works, the brush is soft and easy to apply, conditions my lash and grew somewhat longer than before. I am on my second tube.

on 8/13/2006 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is expensive ($35) and hard to find (some Sephoras have it; you can get it at Sephora.com; its official name is Talika Eyelash Lipocils) . But, believe me, it's worth it. After learning about it on another beauty Web site, I decided to give it a try.
At first, I used it morning and night for the first 28 days, as directed. Thereafter I've applied it only apply it at bedtime. My lashes DEFINITELY became longer, lusher, and more plentiful. No, you're not growing more lashes. What it does is condition your existing lashes (and possibly the area from where they emerge), allowing them to be stronger. They will grow to their maximum length and will be less likely to fall out. Therefore, it is maximizing your eyelash potential.
My lashes look terrifically long. However, since my hair is very dark and my natural lashes are brown, I top them with black Christian Dior MaximEyes and/or Christian Dior Show mascara. I get so many compliments on my lashes. It's as if they're false eyelashes.
Oh, and although the bottle is small (10 ml/.35 oz), it lasts a long time (if you use it once a day, as I am)! I bought my first tube MONTHS ago and am still using it.
TRICK: Don't apply it like mascara (i.e., sweeping it from the base up); just close your eyes, then take the wand and press it against the base of your eyelashes (once for each eye). When I open my eyes, I see that all the lashes are coated. It's clear, so to test if there's actually stuff on the wand, every once in a while, press it against your inner arm to see if any gel is reflected. (I know I'm ready to start a new tube as although I know from my test that there is still gel left in the tube, the brush is starting to feel abrasive.)

P.S. Last week I was happy to see that the Sephora at Broadway between 43rd and 44th Streets in N.Y.C. now has it in stock after not having it since I first started looking for it. The salesgirl said so many people have been clamoring for it, that now it's now back. So here's one store where you can buy it if you don't want to go online.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Following up on peachyskye's review, I agree with her on most things. While this doesn't really seem to be working (it's been a few days, but I'll admit I haven't been religiously applying it), I'll try peachyskye's finger-application method (maybe a q-tip would work better?). I got this as a gift so I'm not out the insane $30, but I'll see.