Talika EyeLash Conditioning Gel

No Image

4.2

on 5/8/2017 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product has been around forever. It came in a little pot not the mascara container of today. Decades ago I used this religiously for years because my mom used it. Back then we didn't know about spoolies so we just used a clean mascara wand. I don't think it made much difference in length or growth, but I have sparse Asian lashes. When I used it, I had well conditioned Asian lashes.

Now, I have dry lashes but I also have a couple of milia near my lash line, so I am hesitant to put any conditioning oil treatment near them. Which is sad because every so often i would like to deep condition my eye lashes. If you don't have milia, then I would say this is nice to condition lashes. Just don't expect it to grow your lashes.

Water, Carbomer, Lecithin, Hypericum Perforatum (Hypericum Extract), Pyrus Malus (Apple Extract), Hamamelis Hippocastanum (Witch Hazel Extract), Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horese Chesnet Extract), Urtica Dioica (Nettle Extract), Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

It works!
I started out with a small sized tube (0.14oz - 4,2ml) and ended up buying the 0.34oz (10ml) version.
It conditions and hydrates the lashes beautifully and I noticed an improvement only after a few days of application (once a day, in the morning). I have been using it for about a month now and my lashes are stronger, lusher and softer to the touch. I couldn't say if they are longer or thicker (I'm lucky enough to have always had very long and thick eyelashes, also now that I'm in my mid 40s), but for sure they look better, the results are noticeable.

on 11/13/2011 3:13:00 AM

This is not a miracle product by any means, however its pretty great! It helps lashes become individually thicker... and especially if your lashes have gone through any types of trauma e.g. when you have had permanent lashes just removed...
after using lash extensions for months, i ended up with asian lashes (short and super thin), a few weeks of talika lipocils and my lashes came back thicker than EVER before... since then, and this product has been a staple for me... i use it alongside latisse now.. on the days when i am too lazy to remove my lenses to apply latisse...

on 10/30/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Expensive.
Works great on my lashes.
Lasts and lasts.

I've been using this for over 3 months. At this point, I only put it on at night for maintainance. I had an horrible experience with the makeup artist at my friends wedding. Needless to say, after she was finished with me, I left the wedding with far fewer lashes than I began the day with. I was devastated. After researching MUA and YT, I decided to try Talika. It has been amazing. My lashes grew back super quick, and I think they're thicker. I even use this on my eyebrows (they're pretty skimpy), and I see a difference.

I would recommend this to anyone. It's totally worth a try.

for me, results were seen after 1 week of continuous application!
i have very sparse lashes on the upper eyelids and hardly any on the lower lids, which was why i was really excited to try this product!
like i said, after a week, i could see my eyelashes already slightly longer and some fine strands on my lower lids! the price is quite expensive, but it will last quite a while so in that respect the pricing is OK.
Definitely on my list of "needs" and not "wants" - i also noticed that if i stopped using the product, my lashes do not grow back to normal length but still maintained their length and that holds true for the lashes on my lower lids too.
HG in my book!

This is an incredible product. After I experienced a significant amount of lash-loss following consistent use of waterproof mascara, I decided to give this a try in order to restore my lashes to their former glory. It far exceeded my expectations. My lashes have always been long (prompting people to constantly ask me if they're false), but now they are even LONGER (not to mention thicker) and don't fall our nearly as often. They are in better condition than they have ever been. The only downside to this product (besides cost) is the fact that once you stop using it, your lashes tend to go back to their pre-Talika state. Overall, however, this product has impressed me. I'll be using it permanently.

on 5/7/2008 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff works!!! I must admit, i was very skeptical before using this product but I gave it a week and already the sparse sections of my eyelashes are as long as the rest. Now my upper eyelashes are a uniform length and my lower eyelashes are crazy long! However I didn't see a difference in the fullness or thickness of the lashes but I'm hoping a few more weeks will change that. Love this product!

After trying Mavala with little luck (except crunchy lashes), I was leery about plunking some serious dough on Talika. Alas, I-like every other woman, aspires to lashes that are long, thick, luxurious. So I purchase another hope-in-jar (tube, in this case), hoping for the best. I must say this not only softens, but makes my lashes look so much more full. I'm am addicted to this stuff-I wear it day (under my mascara) and at night after my cleansing ritual. Fabulous product, though way too expensive!
UPDATE: I love this stuff! I did a lash tint not too long ago, and I'm starting to see blonde again-whether it's from the tint wearing off, or new growth I don't know (but I am convinced it's the latter). I SWEAR my lashes look thicker, too. Love it, love it, love it!

on 3/7/2008 5:44:00 AM

This product was bad news for me. It's the only time that MUA has let me down!
It's like a very small clear mascara (and expensive for the size). I don't know where it is manufactured, but it's obviously not in an English-speaking country as the leaflet providing instructions had some very dodgy translation.
I decided I would apply it at night, to give it plenty of time to work overnight and also because I didn't think it would go on very well under mascara (although I didn't actually try it).
The leaflet said to "insist on the roots". So I applied it right down to the roots, as it was obviously intended that it would somehow magically make my eyelashes grow. My eyelashes aren't especially sparse but they're not exactly lush either. And on the bottom lashes of one eye there is a space where the few lashes that I do have are only half the length of the rest which makes a rather unsightly gap.
After about six days, this gave me an eye infection. I think this was down to the fact that I was "insisting on the roots" and it had blocked the follicle. Also, I found my eyes were producing discharge, presumably in an attempt to wash out the alien bacteria!
I most certainly will not buy this again and the one I bought will go in the bin.

on 4/3/2007 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Holy cow! This stuff works like magic! I was sceptical about purchasing Talika eyelash conditioner but it was worth the money I paid for it - my lashes are huge and thick! I wonder if they make something like that for the hair so I can dip my head into it...