Talika EyeLash Conditioning Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

This is an incredible product. After I experienced a significant amount of lash-loss following consistent use of waterproof mascara, I decided to give this a try in order to restore my lashes to their former glory. It far exceeded my expectations. My lashes have always been long (prompting people to constantly ask me if they're false), but now they are even LONGER (not to mention thicker) and don't fall our nearly as often. They are in better condition than they have ever been. The only downside to this product (besides cost) is the fact that once you stop using it, your lashes tend to go back to their pre-Talika state. Overall, however, this product has impressed me. I'll be using it permanently.

on 3/7/2008 5:44:00 AM

This product was bad news for me. It's the only time that MUA has let me down!
It's like a very small clear mascara (and expensive for the size). I don't know where it is manufactured, but it's obviously not in an English-speaking country as the leaflet providing instructions had some very dodgy translation.
I decided I would apply it at night, to give it plenty of time to work overnight and also because I didn't think it would go on very well under mascara (although I didn't actually try it).
The leaflet said to "insist on the roots". So I applied it right down to the roots, as it was obviously intended that it would somehow magically make my eyelashes grow. My eyelashes aren't especially sparse but they're not exactly lush either. And on the bottom lashes of one eye there is a space where the few lashes that I do have are only half the length of the rest which makes a rather unsightly gap.
After about six days, this gave me an eye infection. I think this was down to the fact that I was "insisting on the roots" and it had blocked the follicle. Also, I found my eyes were producing discharge, presumably in an attempt to wash out the alien bacteria!
I most certainly will not buy this again and the one I bought will go in the bin.

on 4/13/2007 6:34:00 PM

This stuff really works. I was skeptical, but I have been applying it to the roots of my lashes as well as the lenghth at night and in the morning for about three months and my lashes are longer and fuller. I started to see results after about two weeks. I have never had sparse lashes, but now they're longer and fuller, with or without mascara. EDIT: I took off a lippie because I don't use this product anymore (my eyelashes are fine to begin with) and because I would prefer a product without parabens.

on 4/3/2007 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Holy cow! This stuff works like magic! I was sceptical about purchasing Talika eyelash conditioner but it was worth the money I paid for it - my lashes are huge and thick! I wonder if they make something like that for the hair so I can dip my head into it...

on 8/13/2006 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is expensive ($35) and hard to find (some Sephoras have it; you can get it at Sephora.com; its official name is Talika Eyelash Lipocils) . But, believe me, it's worth it. After learning about it on another beauty Web site, I decided to give it a try.
At first, I used it morning and night for the first 28 days, as directed. Thereafter I've applied it only apply it at bedtime. My lashes DEFINITELY became longer, lusher, and more plentiful. No, you're not growing more lashes. What it does is condition your existing lashes (and possibly the area from where they emerge), allowing them to be stronger. They will grow to their maximum length and will be less likely to fall out. Therefore, it is maximizing your eyelash potential.
My lashes look terrifically long. However, since my hair is very dark and my natural lashes are brown, I top them with black Christian Dior MaximEyes and/or Christian Dior Show mascara. I get so many compliments on my lashes. It's as if they're false eyelashes.
Oh, and although the bottle is small (10 ml/.35 oz), it lasts a long time (if you use it once a day, as I am)! I bought my first tube MONTHS ago and am still using it.
TRICK: Don't apply it like mascara (i.e., sweeping it from the base up); just close your eyes, then take the wand and press it against the base of your eyelashes (once for each eye). When I open my eyes, I see that all the lashes are coated. It's clear, so to test if there's actually stuff on the wand, every once in a while, press it against your inner arm to see if any gel is reflected. (I know I'm ready to start a new tube as although I know from my test that there is still gel left in the tube, the brush is starting to feel abrasive.)

P.S. Last week I was happy to see that the Sephora at Broadway between 43rd and 44th Streets in N.Y.C. now has it in stock after not having it since I first started looking for it. The salesgirl said so many people have been clamoring for it, that now it's now back. So here's one store where you can buy it if you don't want to go online.