Talika EyeLash Conditioning Gel

4.1

on 3/20/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

after two tubes of this product, I have not seen any difference in my lash condition or length. I think it is a waste of time and money. I'm trying Silk Naturals next, it's only $6, so if I get no results, I'm not out the money. stay tuned, I'll let you know what
happens

on 3/7/2008 5:44:00 AM

This product was bad news for me. It's the only time that MUA has let me down!
It's like a very small clear mascara (and expensive for the size). I don't know where it is manufactured, but it's obviously not in an English-speaking country as the leaflet providing instructions had some very dodgy translation.
I decided I would apply it at night, to give it plenty of time to work overnight and also because I didn't think it would go on very well under mascara (although I didn't actually try it).
The leaflet said to "insist on the roots". So I applied it right down to the roots, as it was obviously intended that it would somehow magically make my eyelashes grow. My eyelashes aren't especially sparse but they're not exactly lush either. And on the bottom lashes of one eye there is a space where the few lashes that I do have are only half the length of the rest which makes a rather unsightly gap.
After about six days, this gave me an eye infection. I think this was down to the fact that I was "insisting on the roots" and it had blocked the follicle. Also, I found my eyes were producing discharge, presumably in an attempt to wash out the alien bacteria!
I most certainly will not buy this again and the one I bought will go in the bin.

on 5/8/2017 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product has been around forever. It came in a little pot not the mascara container of today. Decades ago I used this religiously for years because my mom used it. Back then we didn't know about spoolies so we just used a clean mascara wand. I don't think it made much difference in length or growth, but I have sparse Asian lashes. When I used it, I had well conditioned Asian lashes.

Now, I have dry lashes but I also have a couple of milia near my lash line, so I am hesitant to put any conditioning oil treatment near them. Which is sad because every so often i would like to deep condition my eye lashes. If you don't have milia, then I would say this is nice to condition lashes. Just don't expect it to grow your lashes.

Water, Carbomer, Lecithin, Hypericum Perforatum (Hypericum Extract), Pyrus Malus (Apple Extract), Hamamelis Hippocastanum (Witch Hazel Extract), Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horese Chesnet Extract), Urtica Dioica (Nettle Extract), Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 9/13/2010 8:20:00 AM

This worked as a conditioner but not so much to lengthen and thicken. Maybe I got a slight improvement, hard to tell. I do like the conditioning aspect though. Wish it was less pricey cause I don't want to pay full price for only conditioning. Still looking for a less expensive alternative to condition lashes.

on 4/25/2007 11:25:00 AM

Hello All!!!

Quite an expensive product for only 4.2 oz. However, after reading all the great reviews about this product, my bf bought it for me. I started using it today and will keep you posted on the results. Hopefully, it'll last for at least the 28 day-regime. I was a bit suprised that it actually isn't too greasy or creamy, so I can still wear glasses and my eyes look as if I were wearing clear mascara.

on 11/3/2006 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am lucky enough to have long dark lashes so I have never had to use mascara. Just my lash curler and I am out the door. However, I have noticed that my lashes seem less noticeable as I have gotten older (heavy sigh). I, therefore, really wanted to like this product hoping that it would restore my lashes to their former glory. It goes on just like any mascara and it did not seem to irritate my eyes which are very sensitive. Unfortunately, I form stys on my eyelids when they are irritated. Some of which have had to been surgically excised so this was VERY important to me. I completely finished the inital tube which was expensive though I did get it a little cheaper through ebay. Unfortunately, even after that two months, I could not see any difference in my lashes so I will not repurchase. Now I guess I may have to start searching for that perfect mascara to restore my lashes.

It works!
I started out with a small sized tube (0.14oz - 4,2ml) and ended up buying the 0.34oz (10ml) version.
It conditions and hydrates the lashes beautifully and I noticed an improvement only after a few days of application (once a day, in the morning). I have been using it for about a month now and my lashes are stronger, lusher and softer to the touch. I couldn't say if they are longer or thicker (I'm lucky enough to have always had very long and thick eyelashes, also now that I'm in my mid 40s), but for sure they look better, the results are noticeable.

on 11/13/2011 3:13:00 AM

This is not a miracle product by any means, however its pretty great! It helps lashes become individually thicker... and especially if your lashes have gone through any types of trauma e.g. when you have had permanent lashes just removed...
after using lash extensions for months, i ended up with asian lashes (short and super thin), a few weeks of talika lipocils and my lashes came back thicker than EVER before... since then, and this product has been a staple for me... i use it alongside latisse now.. on the days when i am too lazy to remove my lenses to apply latisse...

on 4/13/2007 6:34:00 PM

This stuff really works. I was skeptical, but I have been applying it to the roots of my lashes as well as the lenghth at night and in the morning for about three months and my lashes are longer and fuller. I started to see results after about two weeks. I have never had sparse lashes, but now they're longer and fuller, with or without mascara. EDIT: I took off a lippie because I don't use this product anymore (my eyelashes are fine to begin with) and because I would prefer a product without parabens.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product really delivers what it says. I grew so many more eyelashes since using this. I also used the lipocils and this works much better because you can massage it into the eyelash area. I am definetly buying this again and I will continue to have full looking eyelashes. Anyone thinking about this should buy the gel (even though it's not as convenient to apply it as the lipocils, it works much better)