Talika EyeLash Conditioning Gel

No Image

4.1

on 8/13/2006 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is expensive ($35) and hard to find (some Sephoras have it; you can get it at Sephora.com; its official name is Talika Eyelash Lipocils) . But, believe me, it's worth it. After learning about it on another beauty Web site, I decided to give it a try.
At first, I used it morning and night for the first 28 days, as directed. Thereafter I've applied it only apply it at bedtime. My lashes DEFINITELY became longer, lusher, and more plentiful. No, you're not growing more lashes. What it does is condition your existing lashes (and possibly the area from where they emerge), allowing them to be stronger. They will grow to their maximum length and will be less likely to fall out. Therefore, it is maximizing your eyelash potential.
My lashes look terrifically long. However, since my hair is very dark and my natural lashes are brown, I top them with black Christian Dior MaximEyes and/or Christian Dior Show mascara. I get so many compliments on my lashes. It's as if they're false eyelashes.
Oh, and although the bottle is small (10 ml/.35 oz), it lasts a long time (if you use it once a day, as I am)! I bought my first tube MONTHS ago and am still using it.
TRICK: Don't apply it like mascara (i.e., sweeping it from the base up); just close your eyes, then take the wand and press it against the base of your eyelashes (once for each eye). When I open my eyes, I see that all the lashes are coated. It's clear, so to test if there's actually stuff on the wand, every once in a while, press it against your inner arm to see if any gel is reflected. (I know I'm ready to start a new tube as although I know from my test that there is still gel left in the tube, the brush is starting to feel abrasive.)

P.S. Last week I was happy to see that the Sephora at Broadway between 43rd and 44th Streets in N.Y.C. now has it in stock after not having it since I first started looking for it. The salesgirl said so many people have been clamoring for it, that now it's now back. So here's one store where you can buy it if you don't want to go online.

on 7/15/2005 10:26:00 AM

First off, I gave this product 5 lippies because it really does what it claims, IT WORKS!!! Before, my lashes would fall out so fast and so much, I even had a small bald spot. I couldn't use any kind of curlers or mascaras, my lashes/the skin around it were so sensitive that it would just fall out. I started to worry, after some surfing around sephora's website, I fell into Talika and decided to look more deeper into the company. I looked into its main website and purchased one from skinterra's website. I use my fingers instead of the mascara brush that comes with it to apply, the mascara brush seemed abrasive and rough. I applied the product day and night for 28 days and it really does work, new lashes grows, and my current lashes seemed thicker and darker, I'm not sure about it being longer though, I can't seem to really tell. For me, I didn't have any really bad reactions, when used just as directed, it didn't turn my eyes red or leave any kind of stinging sensation. I still use it now, I'll keep using this and repurchase once I'm done. It's been about a month and a half and I'm still on my first bottle. Talika also has this product but in a different variation, its in a very small blue container, its not a gel. I've also tried this, but it stings and burns my eyes, its also very oily and leaves some kind of white residue on the lashes, this one is of course suggested for night time only. Anyway, all in all this product is a wonderful product, my lashes have stopped falling out significantly, it is a bit expensive, but it truly works.

on 3/7/2008 5:44:00 AM

This product was bad news for me. It's the only time that MUA has let me down!
It's like a very small clear mascara (and expensive for the size). I don't know where it is manufactured, but it's obviously not in an English-speaking country as the leaflet providing instructions had some very dodgy translation.
I decided I would apply it at night, to give it plenty of time to work overnight and also because I didn't think it would go on very well under mascara (although I didn't actually try it).
The leaflet said to "insist on the roots". So I applied it right down to the roots, as it was obviously intended that it would somehow magically make my eyelashes grow. My eyelashes aren't especially sparse but they're not exactly lush either. And on the bottom lashes of one eye there is a space where the few lashes that I do have are only half the length of the rest which makes a rather unsightly gap.
After about six days, this gave me an eye infection. I think this was down to the fact that I was "insisting on the roots" and it had blocked the follicle. Also, I found my eyes were producing discharge, presumably in an attempt to wash out the alien bacteria!
I most certainly will not buy this again and the one I bought will go in the bin.

on 11/13/2011 3:13:00 AM

This is not a miracle product by any means, however its pretty great! It helps lashes become individually thicker... and especially if your lashes have gone through any types of trauma e.g. when you have had permanent lashes just removed...
after using lash extensions for months, i ended up with asian lashes (short and super thin), a few weeks of talika lipocils and my lashes came back thicker than EVER before... since then, and this product has been a staple for me... i use it alongside latisse now.. on the days when i am too lazy to remove my lenses to apply latisse...

on 3/20/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

after two tubes of this product, I have not seen any difference in my lash condition or length. I think it is a waste of time and money. I'm trying Silk Naturals next, it's only $6, so if I get no results, I'm not out the money. stay tuned, I'll let you know what
happens

on 10/30/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I simply cannot believe what is happening. I have sparse, short, blond eyelashes. Even worse, I have sensitive dry eyes. I use prescription Restasis for the dry eyes and OTC eye drops in gel form. I did not want to try the Latisse type eyelash growth products which are based on glaucoma meds. I was sure they would irritate my eyes. But I bought this product. It isn't too awfully expensive so I thought I'd try it. After two weeks, my upper eye lashes (only place I'm using the gel) are definitely longer. The lashes are not thicker. When I started using the gel, I wondered if there was any product on the applicator but when I swiped it across the back of my hand, there definitely was gel on the brush. And, just to top off the whole process, my eyes feel better because the gel is cooling. I'm amazed.

on 2/17/2007 11:50:00 AM

Super Awesome product. I've been using this for about a year and my lashes are longer...not dramatically longer, but long. I had eyelash ext for 3 months and most of my og lashes fell out....I was horrified! I conditioned my lashes with Talika and in about a week my natural lashes grew back. It's easy to use and very clean. I suggest using it before applying mascara.

It works!
I started out with a small sized tube (0.14oz - 4,2ml) and ended up buying the 0.34oz (10ml) version.
It conditions and hydrates the lashes beautifully and I noticed an improvement only after a few days of application (once a day, in the morning). I have been using it for about a month now and my lashes are stronger, lusher and softer to the touch. I couldn't say if they are longer or thicker (I'm lucky enough to have always had very long and thick eyelashes, also now that I'm in my mid 40s), but for sure they look better, the results are noticeable.

This is an incredible product. After I experienced a significant amount of lash-loss following consistent use of waterproof mascara, I decided to give this a try in order to restore my lashes to their former glory. It far exceeded my expectations. My lashes have always been long (prompting people to constantly ask me if they're false), but now they are even LONGER (not to mention thicker) and don't fall our nearly as often. They are in better condition than they have ever been. The only downside to this product (besides cost) is the fact that once you stop using it, your lashes tend to go back to their pre-Talika state. Overall, however, this product has impressed me. I'll be using it permanently.

I bought this after having false eye lashes on for about 10 days. I always used to have fairly long lashes anyway but after taking the falsies off my lashes looked really short and un-even. I bought Talika eyelash conditionng gel after reading about it on MUA and it has definately restored my eyelashes and more. People even ask if I have false eyelashes on!! Its easy to apply and I just put it on before my mascara in the morning and before I go to bed. I would definately recommend to anyone who wants fuller, longer lashes,