Talika EyeLash Conditioning Gel

No Image

4.1

on 7/15/2005 10:26:00 AM

First off, I gave this product 5 lippies because it really does what it claims, IT WORKS!!! Before, my lashes would fall out so fast and so much, I even had a small bald spot. I couldn't use any kind of curlers or mascaras, my lashes/the skin around it were so sensitive that it would just fall out. I started to worry, after some surfing around sephora's website, I fell into Talika and decided to look more deeper into the company. I looked into its main website and purchased one from skinterra's website. I use my fingers instead of the mascara brush that comes with it to apply, the mascara brush seemed abrasive and rough. I applied the product day and night for 28 days and it really does work, new lashes grows, and my current lashes seemed thicker and darker, I'm not sure about it being longer though, I can't seem to really tell. For me, I didn't have any really bad reactions, when used just as directed, it didn't turn my eyes red or leave any kind of stinging sensation. I still use it now, I'll keep using this and repurchase once I'm done. It's been about a month and a half and I'm still on my first bottle. Talika also has this product but in a different variation, its in a very small blue container, its not a gel. I've also tried this, but it stings and burns my eyes, its also very oily and leaves some kind of white residue on the lashes, this one is of course suggested for night time only. Anyway, all in all this product is a wonderful product, my lashes have stopped falling out significantly, it is a bit expensive, but it truly works.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Following up on peachyskye's review, I agree with her on most things. While this doesn't really seem to be working (it's been a few days, but I'll admit I haven't been religiously applying it), I'll try peachyskye's finger-application method (maybe a q-tip would work better?). I got this as a gift so I'm not out the insane $30, but I'll see.

on 8/13/2006 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is expensive ($35) and hard to find (some Sephoras have it; you can get it at Sephora.com; its official name is Talika Eyelash Lipocils) . But, believe me, it's worth it. After learning about it on another beauty Web site, I decided to give it a try.
At first, I used it morning and night for the first 28 days, as directed. Thereafter I've applied it only apply it at bedtime. My lashes DEFINITELY became longer, lusher, and more plentiful. No, you're not growing more lashes. What it does is condition your existing lashes (and possibly the area from where they emerge), allowing them to be stronger. They will grow to their maximum length and will be less likely to fall out. Therefore, it is maximizing your eyelash potential.
My lashes look terrifically long. However, since my hair is very dark and my natural lashes are brown, I top them with black Christian Dior MaximEyes and/or Christian Dior Show mascara. I get so many compliments on my lashes. It's as if they're false eyelashes.
Oh, and although the bottle is small (10 ml/.35 oz), it lasts a long time (if you use it once a day, as I am)! I bought my first tube MONTHS ago and am still using it.
TRICK: Don't apply it like mascara (i.e., sweeping it from the base up); just close your eyes, then take the wand and press it against the base of your eyelashes (once for each eye). When I open my eyes, I see that all the lashes are coated. It's clear, so to test if there's actually stuff on the wand, every once in a while, press it against your inner arm to see if any gel is reflected. (I know I'm ready to start a new tube as although I know from my test that there is still gel left in the tube, the brush is starting to feel abrasive.)

P.S. Last week I was happy to see that the Sephora at Broadway between 43rd and 44th Streets in N.Y.C. now has it in stock after not having it since I first started looking for it. The salesgirl said so many people have been clamoring for it, that now it's now back. So here's one store where you can buy it if you don't want to go online.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product really delivers what it says. I grew so many more eyelashes since using this. I also used the lipocils and this works much better because you can massage it into the eyelash area. I am definetly buying this again and I will continue to have full looking eyelashes. Anyone thinking about this should buy the gel (even though it's not as convenient to apply it as the lipocils, it works much better)

on 11/3/2006 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am lucky enough to have long dark lashes so I have never had to use mascara. Just my lash curler and I am out the door. However, I have noticed that my lashes seem less noticeable as I have gotten older (heavy sigh). I, therefore, really wanted to like this product hoping that it would restore my lashes to their former glory. It goes on just like any mascara and it did not seem to irritate my eyes which are very sensitive. Unfortunately, I form stys on my eyelids when they are irritated. Some of which have had to been surgically excised so this was VERY important to me. I completely finished the inital tube which was expensive though I did get it a little cheaper through ebay. Unfortunately, even after that two months, I could not see any difference in my lashes so I will not repurchase. Now I guess I may have to start searching for that perfect mascara to restore my lashes.

on 2/17/2007 11:50:00 AM

Super Awesome product. I've been using this for about a year and my lashes are longer...not dramatically longer, but long. I had eyelash ext for 3 months and most of my og lashes fell out....I was horrified! I conditioned my lashes with Talika and in about a week my natural lashes grew back. It's easy to use and very clean. I suggest using it before applying mascara.

on 4/3/2007 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Holy cow! This stuff works like magic! I was sceptical about purchasing Talika eyelash conditioner but it was worth the money I paid for it - my lashes are huge and thick! I wonder if they make something like that for the hair so I can dip my head into it...

on 4/13/2007 6:34:00 PM

This stuff really works. I was skeptical, but I have been applying it to the roots of my lashes as well as the lenghth at night and in the morning for about three months and my lashes are longer and fuller. I started to see results after about two weeks. I have never had sparse lashes, but now they're longer and fuller, with or without mascara. EDIT: I took off a lippie because I don't use this product anymore (my eyelashes are fine to begin with) and because I would prefer a product without parabens.

on 4/25/2007 11:25:00 AM

Hello All!!!

Quite an expensive product for only 4.2 oz. However, after reading all the great reviews about this product, my bf bought it for me. I started using it today and will keep you posted on the results. Hopefully, it'll last for at least the 28 day-regime. I was a bit suprised that it actually isn't too greasy or creamy, so I can still wear glasses and my eyes look as if I were wearing clear mascara.

on 3/7/2008 5:44:00 AM

This product was bad news for me. It's the only time that MUA has let me down!
It's like a very small clear mascara (and expensive for the size). I don't know where it is manufactured, but it's obviously not in an English-speaking country as the leaflet providing instructions had some very dodgy translation.
I decided I would apply it at night, to give it plenty of time to work overnight and also because I didn't think it would go on very well under mascara (although I didn't actually try it).
The leaflet said to "insist on the roots". So I applied it right down to the roots, as it was obviously intended that it would somehow magically make my eyelashes grow. My eyelashes aren't especially sparse but they're not exactly lush either. And on the bottom lashes of one eye there is a space where the few lashes that I do have are only half the length of the rest which makes a rather unsightly gap.
After about six days, this gave me an eye infection. I think this was down to the fact that I was "insisting on the roots" and it had blocked the follicle. Also, I found my eyes were producing discharge, presumably in an attempt to wash out the alien bacteria!
I most certainly will not buy this again and the one I bought will go in the bin.