Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

The first time I got a compliment on my skin/makeup I was wearing this powder while at a convenience store(this was a big moment for me as I had always been clueless at makeup). Next I was complimented by my co-workers asking what I was wearing as my skin looked so healthy and nice(they even said it had a glow) which was a shocker to me as I had always avoided powders in the fear of looking cakey.

Anyways, my point is this stuff gives great coverage, is great at finishing up your makeup look and is so easy to apply. I was told by the Clinique lady that you can wear it on it's own or with foundation/something else underneath. I've done both depending on my skin condition at the time and have had great results.

I would recommend this product over and over with 1 caveat: it all comes down to colour matching. If you can't get a colour match you can come off looking pinky or orangey and it doesn't matter how great the finish/coverage is if you look like your face is detached from the rest of your body. This is precisely the reason I stopped rebuying this product. Clinique's labels all wear off to the point you cant read what shade you purchsed before and twice when I had a cosmetician match it they sent me home with an undesireable shade.

on 3/26/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
1. Does not cause any breakouts
2. Light feeling, skin can breathe

Cons:
1. Wears off quickly (I'm very oily, hence, I reapply every 3hrs or so)
2. Light-moderate coverage only (Can lessen/improve the visibility of acne but will not be able to hide it

Highly recommended for everyday use, especially when you want your acnes to heal faster and yet you want to lessen their appearance. :)

on 2/7/2016 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Color match is an issue. Too orange

on 1/23/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

every time i finish up a compact powder I try a new brand. I used the chanel, dior, ysl, bare minerals, lancome etc. I though this time why not this one as I haven't had this brand in a very long time? The color I own is matte neutral and it covers well and it's good overall. I use it with a brush not the sponge. Nothing spectacular but I don't have high expectations for powers anyway hehe I think they are all a bit alike. Perhaps the fragrance is all different and choice of color. I guess this review is not very helpful but I use so many products underneath so powder for me is just a finishing touch ... thank you

on 12/26/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I use Matte Beige for my NC20 skintone. I find it a tad orangey but I could find no better match. To me, this product performs just as good as MAC Studio Fix powder foundation although I think the MAC color selection is much better. I no longer have oily skin so it doesn't oxidize on me. It's quite easy to apply and wears well throughout the day. It's a slam dunk for those people who like to get ready in a hurry. It also works well as a powder on the go. I would buy this again. It's easy to find and performs well.

on 6/23/2015 7:53:00 AM

This powder is really beautiful.

Light on the skin, good coverage, perfects your face and gives a 'glowing from within' kind of look. It is truly gorgeous. I have been using it as a setting powder and it looks stunning. The packaging is also divine! Throw away the sponge and use a proper brush to get the most out of the finish, though.

HOWEVER.. I have oily skin. This powder isn't designed to work for me, and it doesn't, but I'm not going to mark it down for not doing something it's not supposed to do in the first place. Oil comes through in around 2 hours for me -this powder has very little capacity for absorbing it. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone with oily skin to purchase this - but it IS a beautiful product. I will finish this compact and I won't repurchase as I need something that controls oil, but I will happily enjoy it while I have it.

I did take off one lippie for colour selection though. The lightest shade is just marginally too dark for me. It's not really noticeable on me but I can see it being an issue for others with lighter skin than mine.

Perfect ~ It acts like a featherlight powder, has a demure scent but covers and evens the skintone to perfection so is the perfect foundation. I'm blond and use neutral.
Really superb product. Only available in a pinky tone, a deep beige ( too dark for me) but neutral is ideal for autumn/wintee

on 12/20/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

After testing this at the Clinique counter, I decided that this was a very good foundation for me. Despite the fact that I already own a Clinique tinted moisturizer that I like, this stuff is great. It doesn't dry my face out at all and gives perfect coverage. I have splotchy skin and spider veins, and this stuff really helps with coverage. I use the color Matte Beige.

on 9/26/2014 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is it. MY SUPER POWDER. I've always been the kind of person to not wear foundation of any kind because I felt like I could feel it/wearing a mask and there was nothing major going on for me to need to either. But now I can't go without it. It evens out my complexion and gives that flawless finish that makes me wonder WHY WHY WHY did I not find this sooner. Why look ok when this can make you look amazing?! This is SO light for a great coverage, and it didn't cause a single pimple. I'll probably still be using this when I'm 90.

on 7/8/2014 9:10:00 PM

Many of the people talking about how this product "oxidizes" or wears off, most likely live in humid areas or have oily skin. This product is not recommended for oily skin, and most Clinique sale associates will warn you that this may not be the product for you if you have oily skin. I personally have combination (oily/dry) skin, mainly oily in my t-zone, and the only thing that has happened to me is that I have to reapply to attain a "matte" look. The price is great, considering this is a high end brand and also the packaging is so beautiful! The coverage on this is amazing but I must say that this only lasts at most 4 months, so it doesn't last very long. If you are acne prone, this product is for you since it doesn't cause breakouts since it's so light weight! Definitely my go to face makeup!!