Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

4.1

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have a massive perfume collection (100+) and a very wide range of tastes. Many people stick to one or two categories (white floral, oriental, gourmand, etc) but in my collection pretty much every category gets good representation with the exception of the floral aldehydes (ie, Chanel No.5).
Alien is one of my faves. There's nearly no point describing it because differing body chemistries give different results. However, overall this is a mix of fruit, musk, and flowers...a kind of grape-blackcurrant-jasmine-musk.
It is VERY long lasting in EDP and VERY rich, potent...do your family a favor and don't put any more than two sprays on.
It is not for shrinking violets or young pre-teens...it's very 'confident' and womanly. My husband is fond of it...he seems to be a fan of jasmine-y scents. I wore it to the tanning salon and the first thing the manager said when I stepped up to the counter was 'holy cow, you smell really, really good'.
Unlike its sister Angel, Alien is still unknown and complex enough that you're not gonna smell it on every fifth person. It really is a little bit 'alien', a strange, unique creation, be that for better or worse. This really is one of those that not everyone can be friends with. But don't you get tired of perfumes that smell like fifty-six others?
The bottle is beautiful and strange. Is it an otherworldly crystal? Alien talons holding a jewel? An alien egg of some kind? People who see it on your vanity will want to pick it up. Someone put a lot of thought into the design.
It is on the more expensive side, like Angel, for the amount you get, but well worth it because you need so little to make your statement.
Go test it in EDP and EDT ( you might find EDT more to your liking as it IS lighter and cheaper)but do let it develop before deciding.
Good luck!!

on 10/31/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My signature scent. Not much else to say! I wear it every day and I also own Alien EDT and the Alien Essence Absolue. I'm definitely a fan of warmer, sexy scents and all of the Alien fragrances happen to work very well with my skin's chemistry. I get compliments from both women AND men on this fragrance and tbh, it's usually men. Not a bad thing!

on 5/16/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Soap. My first impression. Dishy soap or laundry powder. Nice scent for a cleaning product, but not for the price of this scent.
*UPDATE- Just went to bed and asked hubby what he thought of this scent: "Smells like my granny".

on 4/28/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is definitely a floral scent. The top note is jasmine. I could definitely see that, on me the top note stays there for a while, which smells amplified. That's my only turn off about this perfume.

After about an hour I can see that woodenness coming in with that amber. When it all simmers down after that one hour the scent is so pleasing, it's a very oriental scent which is what I lovvveee about this. It's very different from my other perfumes, most in which are sweet and girly. This is a definitely an oriental scent with that slight hit of sweetness (I'm not sure where the sweetness comes from). I almost see it as a more "higher" end version of the Japanese Cherry Blossom line Bath and Body works have.

I wish the top note wouldn't turn me off though, everything else is lovely except for that, at least on me. I also like the the lasting power... it'll last me all day with no debate.

I've only tried the sample version, but this is something I would defiantly put on my wish list. I think of it as a winter scent, but it's very wearable for the summer. If you like oriental scents and they smell good on you I highly recommend this.

on 4/19/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very strong and forever lasting fragrance. I sprayed it near my bed and 2 weeks later i am still smelling it when i go to sleep. One spray is all u need for 2 days lol but this is very expensive, a 1oz will run you $68!! which is ridiculous considering u can get a perfume from macys 3.4oz for the same price. This is a beautiful scent that has many layers and wearing this u will forever be remembered by everyone u pass. a lil goes a long way and this is a fragrance to keep for special occasions and when u want to get noticed.

on 11/20/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I cannot even begin to describe this Fragrance. Whenever I try and buy it, it is always sold out. But I finally got my hands on a bottle, and I remember why I fell in love with the scent almost 2 years ago. It is so unique, that I have no words for it. It is a definite love-it-or-hate-it scent, and you will get noticed when you wear it. I love the packaging, and I love the intoxicating quality of this fragrance. My highest praise to Thierry Mugler.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have to admit that I really dislike Thierry Mugler's fragrances. I'm really into sophisticated smelling perfumes but somehow I just cannot like Thierry mugler's fragrances. But when I smelled alien I was definitely extremely shocked that FINALLY there was a scent that I could luv! And alien was it. It's such a nice sweet smelling perfume and very sophisticated. And has none of that nasty smelling armpit smell like all the other Thierry Mugler perfumes. This is one of my top perfumes that I love next to juicy couture the first fragrance and bvlgari omnia amethyst. Definitely smell before purchasing because many people tend to say it smells like old lady which is not the case with me.

Popular Fragrances